It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unbelievable photos of how bad Beijing’s air has gotten

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psychoparrot
I cannot help thinking that when this happened before it was the result of ignorance, we didn't realise it would happen! And there are obviously ways we now have to improve air quality. So why is China apparently repeating these mistakes or doing little about it?

Greed, selfishness and arrogant tyranny.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Interesting (albeit sad) thread. I guess this is what happens when most of the world's manufacturing is moved to one place and that place doesn't give a ---- about pollution. It's tragic.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
It always saddens me when people who have not caused these problems have to live through them. I feel sorry for our children and future generations.... If Earth will even be able to support them.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sajuek
But humans can't influence the climate,

Not a whole lot, no, they can't... at least not nearly as much as they can pollute the environment (and yes they are two totally different, albeit sometimes related things).

stopping people from burning high-carbon log fires is breaching their human rights

No, but if they are doing it on their own private property, in a nation that actually respects private property rights (which sadly Amerika no longer does except when convenient to tptb), then it is definitely a violation of private property rights...

and global warming is a lie.

I am much more concerned about pollution than I am the paltry human influences on 'global warming'.

The climate change going on right now has to do with solar/sunspot activity and normal global climate cycles, not anything we are doing.

Or, are you suggesting that the last ice age was caused by all of the high carbon log fires that primitive man was using to cook their food?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tanstaafl

Or the natural forest fires that burned all over the planet back then from lighting strikes. Then you had Volcanic eruptions to add into the mix. Wood fires? What a joke. Duraflames? Now that's another story. I think those things could be poisoning people in there homes.

In my opinion, it is the polluting of the Oceans of the world by oil spills and radiation that are causing the most damage to planet Earth. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel

Originally posted by Psychoparrot
I cannot help thinking that when this happened before it was the result of ignorance, we didn't realise it would happen! And there are obviously ways we now have to improve air quality. So why is China apparently repeating these mistakes or doing little about it?

Greed, selfishness and arrogant tyranny.

I guess it was a bit of a rhetorical question!

Sometimes I fear that if I let the tears start I would never stop.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Does their pollution ever hit America because of the jet streams?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I can't feel bad for them. They either need to demand accountability, demand reasonable regulation, or demand a new government. Most think their government can do know harm, but if that's the case, they should also recognize that it has a duty to do good-- and at the very least care for their lives when it comes to lethal behavior--such is the situation in china, power and money will take precedent over life and limb.....their economy will crash and bottom out son--and it will do so at such a dramatically exponential rate, that it will slaughter our economy, forcing democrats to take debt seriously, and forcing republicans to tax the rich. It will make us stronger in the end, but good lord are we in for a rollercoaster ride.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join