It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Believe in God? How do you personally reconcile Evil? Muder? Rape? War? Etc ....?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
Just spent some time in meditation and a couple hours "contemplating" this realm we all live in, where everything is temporary and filled with Madness.

So I'm posting this to hear some takes across the board on your take on how can God exist as well as Evil.

I'll give you my take:
I've seen the Ego/Mind as something that was composed and programmed into me since childhood. I've seen this Ego?mind from an Observer perspective, seeing that it wasn't ultimately me. I've seen when the body has stored up certain excess proteins, it triggers lust by stimulating the mind to produce fancy sexual images for the sake of release. I've seen the Body/Mind complex/connection, but I've seen them as not ultimately Me.

All my regrets in life, were because of Ego/Mind/Body & worldly programming complex. I've seen this in others as well.

So I guess my schism, is this whole realm, Earth, where we are born into these bodies and egos that eventually perpetuate and provoke Madness, Darkness, Regrets!!!!!

I too remember pre-existing as a soul prior to being Born. I was Aware and peaceful and was asked to come here to be born to help others. I call myself a reluctant servant, cause I don't seem to help as many others as I should ...still working on figuring out myself and seflessness ....guess you could say.

Anyway, what's your take on reconciling God and Evil within the Earth?

My take is ignorance

It all boils down to the same three lies. The third lie only applies to Christians, but it is the worst of all three. Because the man who is at the door because he has seen past the first two lies never learns to follow. If one doesn't follow Christ then they will not be set free by him.

The first lie, you were born to sin.
The second lie, if you sin you most certainly won't die.
The third lie, you are born again without actually having to follow.

Once convinced that these three lies are the truth the deprogramming is nearly impossible. They have staked their whole lives on this religion. You are asking them to risk eternity to believe in something bigger.

Genesis 4:6 6 Then the LORD said to Cain, “Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast? 7 If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it.”

Proverbs 1
10 My son, if sinful men entice you,
do not give in to them.
11 If they say, “Come along with us;
let’s lie in wait for innocent blood,
let’s ambush some harmless soul;
12 let’s swallow them alive, like the grave,
and whole, like those who go down to the pit;
13 we will get all sorts of valuable things
and fill our houses with plunder;

14 cast lots with us;
we will all share the loot”—

15 my son, do not go along with them,
do not set foot on their paths;

16 for their feet rush into evil,
they are swift to shed blood.
17 How useless to spread a net
where every bird can see it!

18 These men lie in wait for their own blood;
they ambush only themselves!
19 Such are the paths of all who go after ill-gotten gain;
it takes away the life of those who get it.

20 Out in the open wisdom calls aloud,
she raises her voice in the public square;
21 on top of the wall[d] she cries out,
at the city gate she makes her speech:
22 “How long will you who are simple love your simple ways?
How long will mockers delight in mockery
and fools hate knowledge?

23 Repent at my rebuke!
Then I will pour out my thoughts to you,
I will make known to you my teachings.

24 But since you refuse to listen when I call
and no one pays attention when I stretch out my hand,
25 since you disregard all my advice
and do not accept my rebuke,
26 I in turn will laugh when disaster strikes you;
I will mock when calamity overtakes you—
27 when calamity overtakes you like a storm,
when disaster sweeps over you like a whirlwind,
when distress and trouble overwhelm you.

28 “Then they will call to me but I will not answer;
they will look for me but will not find me,
29 since they hated knowledge
and did not choose to fear the LORD.

30 Since they would not accept my advice
and spurned my rebuke,

31 they will eat the fruit of their ways
and be filled with the fruit of their schemes.
32 For the waywardness of the simple will kill them,
and the complacency of fools will destroy them;
33 but whoever listens to me will live in safety
and be at ease, without fear of harm.”

Luke 13:27 "But he will reply, 'I don't know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!'

Understand Christ has been speaking through men since the begging. This is Christ telling you the truth through the mouth of his servant Solomon. Christ never said it is ok to sin, never.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I also study Buddhism

I am curious as to why...

I have seen an overwhelming amount of evidence that all of these false religions are in reality a form of mind control deliberately created to HIDE the truth.

All of them conflict with each other as well as with the Word of God and yet all of them bare resemblance that points to a single source.

That source is Gods enemy.

One clue: they always lie and deliberately deceive...

Just like the father of all lies.

If God were behind these religions WHY is the fruit only hate, lies, and death?

I am 100% convinced that the hidden agenda behind them is to keep you disconnected from God and the truth.

If these religions WERE in fact from God, they would connect us WITH God and the truth.

They do just the opposite.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

I am curious as to why...

Why did you learn to write, to speak english, to read, to eat, to breath, to walk to ride a bike?

I have seen an overwhelming amount of evidence that all of these false religions are in reality a form of mind control deliberately created to HIDE the truth.

Perhaps the exoteric versions. Whereas the Esoteric aspect frees people from Mind control, deliberately created to reveal the Truth.

All of them conflict with each other as well as with the Word of God and yet all of them bare resemblance that points to a single source.

"Exoteric"

That source is Gods enemy. One clue: they always lie and deliberately deceive... Just like the father of all lies. If God were behind these religions WHY is the fruit only hate, lies, and death?

Who says that's the only fruit? I've met a number of individuals representing a number of different paths, who shined like light, had nothing but Love, honor, respect, no judgment, etc. Perhaps you're looking in the wrong places?

I am 100% convinced that the hidden agenda behind them is to keep you disconnected from God and the truth.

I'm 100% convinced exotericism is what you speak of.

If these religions WERE in fact from God, they would connect us WITH God and the truth.

A number of key esoteric aspects of numerous religions have connected me with God/Truth

They do just the opposite.

"Exoteric"

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

If God were behind these religions WHY is the fruit only hate, lies, and death?

Present your mountain of evidence showing Buddhism is only about hate, lies and death

You demonize all religions outside yours (and yes I am still calling you religious) because you believe Satan masterminds them. You don't leave much room for exploring different perspectives.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by dominicus

Simple. Free will. God loves us so much He created us with the choice to love Him back.

Or perish in hell if we don't love him back. Some choice.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

A number of key esoteric aspects of numerous religions have connected me with God/Truth

Religion is rat poison for the soul...

A lot of truth with a little bit of lies thrown in.

Rat poison looks like corn, it smells like corn—and it even tastes like corn.

This is the reason that Religion is actually the most powerful type of mind control...

That is also why it always leads you away from God and His will.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Or perish in hell if we don't love him back. Some choice.

That's what I'm saying. Love me, or burn in hell for Eternity. Some one somewhere's got sum splainin to do!

Religion is rat poison for the soul... A lot of truth with a little bit of lies thrown in. Rat poison looks like corn, it smells like corn—and it even tastes like corn. This is the reason that Religion is actually the most powerful type of mind control... That is also why it always leads you away from God and His will.

Seriously? That's it?

Please provide what the alternative is that does lead to "God and his Will" and I'll be darned if that also won't be considered a religion.

Whatever your alternative is ....someone will consider it a religion. Damned if you, damned if you don't

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
You demonize all religions outside yours because you believe Satan masterminds them.

ORLY?

Why is it that whenever someone exposes lies, they are always accused of working for the devil?

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
You don't leave much room for exploring different perspectives. (and yes I am still calling you religious)

Neither do many of these cults masquerading as "religions" that will have your head if you dare try to leave...

You want to explore hell, knock yourself out.

Just remember, there are NO exits.

And yes I am still saying I hate religion BTW...

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Matthew 6:15 But if you refuse to forgive others, your Father will not forgive your sins.

I believe that one's ability to forgive another for what they have been through helps a lot.
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: Change.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

WHAT IS YOUR ALTERNATIVE?????

I can go on all these threads and say that everything is lies and illusion just like you do. But then ultimately if everything is lies and illusion, then so are your claims.

I can see in your signature, a quote by Michael Ellner. Author of Quantum Focus, basically a self hypnosis guide. Well there you go, the religion of self hypnosis
edit on 19-1-2013 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

WHAT IS YOUR ALTERNATIVE?????

Religion only PRETENDS to be the way and the truth...

Jesus said, ‘I AM the Way, the Truth, and the Life; no man can come unto the Father but by Me.’

BIG difference there.

Religion always lies, God never lies.

What if I were to tell you, that there is a vast Satanic conspiracy to deceive the masses of every society on earth? What if I were to tell you that the top leaders of the world’s religions were in league with the Devil?

Would you think I’m crazy? I would! Yet, the truth is stranger than fiction! You have been lied to my friend. Few people in the world today are aware of just how much Satan has infiltrated and is behind ALL false religion.

Satan is behind ALL false religion

I can go on all these threads and say that everything is lies and illusion just like you do. But then ultimately if everything is lies and illusion, then so are your claims.

Whenever you have counterfeits, there is ALWAYS a genuine.

Religion is the counterfeit...

Jesus is the genuine.

I can see in your signature, a quote by Michael Ellner. Author of Quantum Focus, basically a self hypnosis guide. Well there you go, the religion of self hypnosis

I'm glad you saw the sig because it does in fact relate to the thread

How does Michael Ellner's book relate to the thread?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Religion only PRETENDS to be the way and the truth... Jesus said, ‘I AM the Way, the Truth, and the Life; no man can come unto the Father but by Me.’

Ok, I got you. Your a Christian who pretends that Christianity is not a Religion. Got it. Thanks!!

Religion is the counterfeit... Jesus is the genuine.

What do you think was built entirely around Jesus? Answer = Religion

Not only that, but you think only your perspective of Jesus is correct. Well you have hundreds to choose from and they all say they are right and the other is wrong.

I'm glad you saw the sig because it does in fact relate to the thread How does Michael Ellner's book relate to the thread?

Because around the thoughts and philosophy of "Ellner" one can build a whole religion.

Tell me, what does this phrase mean to you or belong to?:

"Just like the thought of a rock is not a rock; So who you think you are, is not who you are."

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Religion only PRETENDS to be the way and the truth... Jesus said, ‘I AM the Way, the Truth, and the Life; no man can come unto the Father but by Me.’

Ok, I got you. Your a Christian who pretends that Christianity is not a Religion. Got it. Thanks!!

You are more than welcome...

You sound a little confused, that religion you love to read about is the REAL pretender, not me.

Like I said: Religion only PRETENDS to be the way and the truth...

You can put whatever label you want on the truth, but when you step over that line into eternity, you had better KNOW it.

I hate religion but I love the truth.

The root meaning for the word "religion" (from the original Latin) means to "reconnect with God".

The agenda behind false religion is to keep you disconnected from God.

Jesus and religion are on opposite spectrum's,
One is the work of God, one is a man made invention.

Jesus and religion are opposed because they do the exact opposite.

Only Jesus can connect you with God, He is the "door".

THIS is what sets true Christianity apart from false religions.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Which Christianity are you referring to?

Eastern Orthodox? Lutheran? Catholic? Baptist? Evangelical? Gnostic? Westernized Fundamental?

As for Buddhism ....it's not a religion. It's the Philosophy of what happens when you go within, in meditation, contemplation, to now yourself and how you operate. It's not a religion.

Jesus was a Mystic. He had to cloak his words in the terminology of the Jews, or else they would never comprehend him

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

If a man tells you that he knows the love of Christ in ways that are not being taught. Why would I or anyone lie, a lie would be blaspheme. Would you accuse me of Blaspheme if I supported his claim that Christ is a far greater savior than Christianity is aware of?

Sin is not a necessary part of life. Jesus came to tell us this. The Jews don't believe in original sin, shouldn't they get the nod on this one?

Here is where the church draws the idea for Original sin.

There is no original sin, passed down from Adam.
There were 3 involved in the lie,

The serpent who's punishment was to be like a snake biting at our heal.
Eve- Pain in Child Bearing and to live in submission to her husband.
Adam - The earth would not bear fruit for him.

The curse on Adam was washed away with the flood. God said he would no longer curse the ground because of man.

There is no original sin, only punishment handed down because of sin.

Through out the old and new testament the message is the same, defeat sin. However you have to defeat sin, defeat it. Repent and defeat sin.

This is not what is being taught, but this is the Christ that Jews are waiting for, and the Christ that I found in the bible. Or rather God found me, because I was just following his direction.

In the beginning he made them male and female, said both in Genesis and by Jesus. God took woman out of man, this is what Adam says. When Adam was first created he was in unity both male and female just like God and the Angels in heaven, who will neither marry nor be given in marriage.

When husband and wife come together we are Adam and Eve reunited in one flesh. One spirit, everything we do affects the family. So if a man is not a loving man he will not find love in his marriage. Men, we were put in charge and we fail love daily.

Before God created natural light, the sun, and moon he created light. This is a highly controversial passage by the way. But here is the rest of the story. Jesus said he is the light of the world. Paul says Jesus was the firstborn of all creation. Geneses, Jesus and Paul agree that Jesus was the firstborn son. He was with the father from the beginning and everything was made by him for him.

He was with the father. And because he has gone to the father we may do even greater things than him.

Because we are also sons of God who have taken for wives the daughters of men. Many of their children were brilliant or athletic and they were the stars of their time, they called them Nephilim.

The things that I said here can all be found in the bible. I don't feel the need to post what scripture this came from because these things all point to love. These things all point to unity and coming together. If anyone wants to challenge what I say provide the scripture and I will show you why what you believe is against love.

If I can show you, your belief is against love than you know it is from the father. This is the test we are told. We are told to make righteous judgments. Only Love is righteous.

These are examples of truth that has been suppressed. There is much more to learn about Christ but you have to be ready to hear what the bible really says.

The bible says if we overcome we will find freedom. Freedom today not freedom in heaven someday. We may not know the full glory of heaven until we get there but we can begin to be righteous now.

I am saying with all my heart that I have Jesus Christ the son of God in my flesh, giving me new life like he promised and I want to share this experience with you.

What am I saying that sounds like it is coming to you with wrong motives?

Many are so quick to believe that man that says you will always be a sinner good thing you got Jesus.

But when a man calls you back to repentance and righteousness you call me delusional?

Part of that was in defence to Murgatroid, I dont agree whith alot of what he says but he can see the most important truth. Love. We have one father and he is my brother.
edit on 19-1-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

If a man tells you that he knows the love of Christ in ways that are not being taught. Why would lie, a lie would be blaspheme. Would you accuse me of Blaspheme if I supported his claim that Christ is a far greater savior than Christianity is aware of?

What is Blaspheme mean? Who made up the word blaspheme?

There is no original sin, only punishment handed down because of sin.

So we are created to be born here, where sin and punishment for it is inevitable and only those who choose Jesus will be saved from eternal hell, knowing that the majority of people who ever existed won't choose Jesus...? Am I right?

Hypothetically speaking, if you were God ...would you create a physical realm and human being knowing that you would lose the majority of them, (because of the free will you invented) ...that you would lose the majority to eternal hell and only a select few would be with you in heaven ... your saying it would still be worth creating this existence?

If I was God, and I knew that I would even lose 1 soul that I created to eternal hell, then I would rather not create existence for the sake of losing 1 soul.

But when a man calls you back to repentance and righteousness you call me delusional?

I never called you delusional. I really don't get what your reply is all about other than you are repping Christ to the fullest. Cool!!! Good for you. I Love Christ to. But I also Love you, and ATS members, and Buddha, and Socrates, and all my fellow monks, mystics, hermits, and saints from all various backgrounds and cultures.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Nope, what the bible says if you choose love you choose Christ. This is not for you like you keep reading it. This is for myself and other Christians. So that we may know who is safe. The man that loves us is safe. That is all it says.

The only part for you is to ask yourself could he be right? And if he is how did he get this knowledge and why hasn't anyone else seen this?

Understand the challenge? Prove me wrong with scripture?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25

Nope, what the bible says if you choose love you choose Christ. This is not for you like you keep reading it. This is for myself and other Christians. So that we may know who is safe. The man that loves us is safe. That is all it says.

The only part for you is to ask yourself could he right? And if he is how did he get this knowledge and why hasn't anyone else seen this?

Understand the challenge? Prove me wrong with scripture?

Honestly I don't get what your saying.

You can choose Love and not choose Christ. I knew a guy that got killed when he started dating a new girl, because her ex-boyfriend was so madly in Love with her, he wouldn't let anyone get to her except him. That was Love mixed with jelousy and hatred.

I honestly have no idea what your point is, perhaps its the broken engrish.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Perhaps he meant choosing to love IS choosing Christ...

Regardless of if one knows it... Love is siding with him

Jealousy and hatred can not mix with love... Nor can anger or selfishness...

edit on 19-1-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Perhaps he meant choosing to love IS choosing Christ...

Regardless of if one knows it... Love is siding with him

Jealousy and hatred can not mix with love... Nor can anger or selfishness...

edit on 19-1-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

Exactly. Thanks

If your more comfortable calling it love that's cool. I'm more comfortable calling it Christ. See we still love each other. It's not that hard to get rid of religion when one can see with the perception of Christ/Love. The truth becomes obvious.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join