It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Yorkers , are any of you planning on leaving New York state due to the Gun Control laws

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity is anyone in New York planning on leaving due to the new policies on gun control ?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I would like to, but, alas, I am too poor. My income is limited and I have too many bills to pay to up and move. What I am doing is spreading knowledge and informing and opening people's eyes through the use of social media and people I meet on the street. I will continue to gain knowledge until a time comes that "we the people" are ready to take back our country, this is all I can do until "we" are ready. Unless, someone else has some ideas and balls to stand with me, by my side, and fight for what is rightfully ours, freedom.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

in what state can you get a bushmaster with a 30 rd clip legally ?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

Pretty sure you can over here in oregon.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Michigan.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Don't forget about Texas....and I believe Tennesee.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Anyone who uses the term "clip" truly shows their ignorance.

On topic Don't want any New Yorkers to leave New York they might infect the rest of us

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Yes. I will be leaving NY after I find a good place to move my business to. NY is by far the worst state in the . Highest taxes on everything from sales tax, to gas tax, cigarette tax, and especially property taxes. Do you know out of my $1500 a month mortgage, $900 of it is taxes? Insane. I can move to a red state and get a bigger house and twice as much land for only $700 a month due to lower taxes!

Not to mention this state is very unfriendly to businesses owners. They really only care about the huge corporations, and its evident that they want small businesses to fail. NY state tax collectors are also much worse than the IRS, they are like vultures.

And winter. Ugh. They put salt in the roads to melt ice. It totally destroys your car and you're stuck buying a new car every year. I don't understand why they can't just use sand like other states.

I've been wanting to move out of NY for some time, but this gun control thing was the final Natl in the coffin. I expect to be out by December if things go as planned.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

The joke is on you, bud (though technically it isn't a "clip," it's a "magazine") nearly all of them. 30 rounds is standard. California has restrictions on size of magazine, I think to ten, and there may be some others, but by far the majority currently have no restrictions. Add Washington (State) to the list.

According to this list only 7 states have restrictions and some of these only cover a single city. Now don't you feel silly with all those
up there? You should.

May as well add the list:

•Hawaii: No handgun magazine above 10 rounds.
•Maryland: No magazine above 20 rounds.
•Massachusetts: No magazine above 10 rounds.
•New Jersey: No magazine above 15 rounds.
•New York: No magazine above 7 rounds.
•Washington DC: No magazine above 10 rounds.
•Chicago, IL: No magazine above 12 rounds.
•Aurora, IL: No magazine above 15 rounds.
•Oak Park, IL: No magazine above 10 rounds.
•South Bend, IN: No magazine above 15 rounds.
•California: No magazine above 10 rounds.

Don't know why I'm feeling so generous today:

from here

I'm not sure of my IDs here, but the first mag could be an AR, The second mag could be a Glock or similar, and the third is from a Ruger 10-22.

edit on 1/18/2013 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/18/2013 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I'm not sure of my IDs here, but the first mag could be an AR,

Looks like a Tapco AR but Tapco AK's also look similar.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

montana,arizona,texas,oklahoma,alabama,nevada,colorado(i think still) new mexico,virgina,alaska,new hampshire, kentucky,etc are all states where you can get a bushmaster rifle legally with a 30 round MAG(not clips)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Anyone who uses the term "clip" truly shows their ignorance.

On topic Don't want any New Yorkers to leave New York they might infect the rest of us

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

I'm not sure of my IDs here, but the first mag could be an AR,

Looks like a Tapco AR but Tapco AK's also look similar.

No...First mag is a Pro-mag...Second mag is Glock...AK/SKS mags have more curve, like the second stripper clip, due to the taper of the 7.62 (.30cal) cartridge, AR mags only have a slight bend, again due to the very minor taper of the .223/5.56 cartridge...

Oh, and in Florida you can buy a "Bushmaster" XM-15 or any other AR platform, with a 100 rd Beta-Mag, if you want one...You just need the cash!

edited to add...All of the non-gun types do realize that a "Bushmaster" is just a brand name, right? Using the name to reference ALL AR style rifles is as ignorant as calling all cars Toyotas, or all soft drinks Coca-Colas?

edit on 1/18/2013 by GoOfYFoOt because: added text

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Thanks for the help with the IDs, you guys. Glad to know I got 2 out of 3! Here's an AR-15:

Really not much to them. It's a piece of bent sheet metal with a cheap spring in the middle. Any decently equipped machine shop ought to be able to crank these out with very little trouble. I've got a couple of the Rugers, made out of plastic, actually harder to reproduce than the metal ones. They have a couple of "pegs and holes' on them so you can stick two together, then just "release and flip," 100 rounds total.

That's for an entire herd of zombie coyotes, you understand!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

That's for an entire herd of zombie coyotes, you understand!

Nah they don't ignorance is bliss, and they have no problems with government telling them what is bad.

For instance what they will never say is magazine capacity is dependent upon caliber bigger rounds less capacity- small rounds high capacity in the same shape and size magazine.

Great effort tho they never let facts get in the way of their dogma.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Add Missouri to that list of 30 rd "magazines" to those that are not gun literate "clip"

I'd also like to add even if you are anti gun and have firearms questions there are so many here on ATS that will
answer any questions you have..

Thanks for the replies

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by geocom
Add Missouri to that list of 30 rd "magazines" to those that are not gun literate "clip"

I'd also like to add even if you are anti gun and have firearms questions there are so many here on ATS that will

Thanks for the replies

30+ years experience with all types of firearms!!! 10+ years as a firearms instructor.

Ask away.....

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt

Thanks for the replies

30+ years experience with all types of firearms!!! 10+ years as a firearms instructor.

Ask away.....

That's just it, they won't. They only spout what they've been told, GUNS ARE BAD. They don't bother to learn the difference between a semi automatic and an automatic, they just see the "automatic" and assume they're all 500 round a minute death machines. If they were to educate themselves, they may change their minds...Can't have that now can we.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
and now BACK ON TOPIC

are any more New Yorkers Planning on leaving the state.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt

Thanks for the replies

Ask away.....

That's just it, they won't. They only spout what they've been told, GUNS ARE BAD. They don't bother to learn the difference between a semi automatic and an automatic, they just see the "automatic" and assume they're all 500 round a minute death machines. If they were to educate themselves, they may change their minds...Can't have that now can we.

I know, but they can't say that we didn't offer!

The ignorance of firearms displayed by many of the posters on here, astounds me! What ever happened to the phrase, "knowledge is power"? Way too many weak minds, any more....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join