It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like I'll be immuned to Anthrax and Radiation.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Isn't this what you guys always talk about, to stock up on Cipro or something? Looks like my medication gave me some symptoms, that pretty much scared me. Thought I had blood in my urine. So, hopefully not. I'm hoping it's not my kidneys. I won't know till I'm done with the Cipro. Or, unless it worsens. It's suppose to kill bacteria. Or, so it says. But how it got there, is beyond me. Doctor said it can be from stress or from the trauma of the surgery the other day. So, I don't know.

But, I just read online that Cipro was used for, well it's suppose to be used for Anthrax exposure.

Hmm, now this makes me wonder, is Cipro a type of Anthrax? So did I just take an Anthrax variant?

Talk about bad timing too. I just started school and in and out of the doctors this whole week.
edit on 18-1-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Looks like it's a fluoroquinolone, and has anti-bacterial properties.
so no, it's not a form of anthrax.
edit on 18-1-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Youre really reaching here.. ive caught a glance at a few of your threads, are you sure you dont need a psychologist?
Hypochondria pretty treatable.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Look it up, it says they use Cipro for Anthrax exposure.

Yeah, it's all in my head.

I'm making the blood up as I go.

www.drugs.com...

Cipro is used to treat different types of bacterial infections. It may also be used to prevent or slow anthrax after exposure.

Juggernog

Are you sure you don't need a psychologist?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Heya Manhater... You're right and Cipro is one of the treatments for Anthrax as the world learned in the white powder scares following 9/11, when it was actually Anthrax and not baby powder or sugar like they all are now.

It's a tail kicker of an antibiotic as I've watched both my wife and mother on it for Multiple-Resistant infections. I think it almost made them both worse while on it than the infections did. Almost......

It's just a drug though. Not Anthrax. It's for treating it because it's about the TOP of the scale for steamroller antibiotics left and among what they'll prescribe outside a hospital stay.

Take care on that stuff...It's a heck of an ordeal for some people.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Cipro is also used for bladder and kidney infections, something females always seem to get.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

You're right dude. Cipro has a black box label on it, which your pharmacist and doctor should've told you before you started taking it. Though most are lazy and don't say a word. My father took this before due to some really bad infection he had, and now he has permanent tendon damage in his arm, and is always in pain. And yes cipro is used to treat anthrax infection and has been associated with renal failure and damage. On an interesting note it has a completely synthesized background and was first discovered and patented by bayer.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
No, they didn't give any documentation for the med because I sat there waiting for over 5 hours for it. And if I waited without saying a thing, it may taken another 6 hours. But the cashier had to hunt them down, get the pharmacist to sign off and give them to me. They forgot the documentation that goes along with it.

I have to go. Let me know what I should be worried about while on the med.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
If i were you I'd go to another doctor to get a second opinion. See if they can give you an antibiotic that will have less adverse side effects.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I am not 100% on this, but recently I glimpsed a small tract on the flouriquone(sp?) and it has some nasty sidies.

I came across the flouro-whatever antibiotic drug while researching 'double vision', of which I have no experience. It is listed as a possible side effect.
edit on 18-1-2013 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Svipdagr

She never stated why she was taking cipro to begin with. Cipro has been known to combat anthrax for years, when the anthrax attacks happened after 911, cipro inventory ran out because of the over-hyped fear.
Im not trying to be mean but manhaters past posts about a lot of things are all over the place. so yea, have fun with her.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Svipdagr

You're right dude. Cipro has a black box label on it, which your pharmacist and doctor should've told you before you started taking it. Though most are lazy and don't say a word.

The fact that it has a black box warning isn't important....what the warning says is all that matters. Most will say what not to do with the med. They don't say "black box" because ignorant people will flip out over the words. It's not laziness.
edit on 18-1-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Relax, Manhater - Cipro ain't gonna kill you, but maybe the infection it was prescribed for will, if you stop taking it.
It is a very potent antibiotic, usually only prescribed as a "last resort" to combat infections in the UT and kidneys.
The only other antibiotic I'm aware of in its class of potency would be Levaquin....which can cause pain and damage to tendons. Neither are prescribed for long term use. But even after 2-days of usage with Levaquin, a relative of mine experienced lots of leg and foot pain. I mentioned it to her doctor thinking she was being neurotic, but he said the same thing had happened to him. I wasn't too quick to dismiss her complaints of pain relating to anything, after that experience!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Well black box warnings are usually the most serious warning that the FDA gives and is usually the last warning given before being taken off the market.

TextCipro, one of the antibiotics prescribed to treat Anthrax exposure, now bears a black box warning label. The FDA is requiring the labeling due to the increased risk of tendinitis and tendon rupture. Cipro belongs to the fluoroquinolone class of antibiotics. The FDA is also asking doctors to advise their patients that if they have any sign of tendon pain and swelling or inflammation, they should stop taking the drugs immediately. Patients also should avoid exercising the affected area and contact their doctor immediately. Tendon rupture can occur during or after taking fluoroquinolones, which include Cipro. Cases of tendon rupture have been reported up to several months after completing fluoroquinolone therapy, according to the FDA. The ruptures are most likely to occur in the Achilles tendon according to studies. There have been incidences of tendon rupture in hands and shoulders as well. Fluoroquinolones currently have tendon rupture listed as a side effect on the product insert. The new labeling is intended to highlight the risk to patients.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Cipro causes permanent tendon damage. Many people do not know this, but it is no joke and is irreversible and very painful. I would never take Cipro or anything like it.

July 8, 2008 -- Federal regulators are ordering new warnings on Cipro and similar antibiotics because of increased risk of tendinitis and tendon rupture. The new warnings apply to fluoroquinolones, a class of antibiotics that includes the popular drug Cipro.

The FDA has told companies that the drugs must now carry "black box" warnings alerting doctors and patients that the drugs can increase risk of tendinitis and tendon rupture in some patients.

"We have seen continuing reports of tendon rupture so we are trying to increase awareness," says Edward Cox, MD, director of the FDA's Office of Antimicrobial Products.

Web MD-Cipro

This says continuing reports, that is just not good. I wonder how many people have been permanetly injured by this medication?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by PacificBlue

Cipro causes permanent tendon damage. Many people do not know this, but it is no joke and is irreversible and very painful. I would never take Cipro or anything like it.

Maybe you would if it meant the difference between life and death. It seems, we have to choose these days if we want to live with damage or die with damage, no cake and eat it too, unfortunately.

Sometimes, we're caught in immediate danger and have to decide quickly without the time to analyze options or heal ourselves with more gentle and natural alternatives. It presents us with a conundrum and it just depends on the person and the circumstances.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

I agree that at times we must take medicine that may have harmful side effects, including some chemotherapy drugs and other things too.

However, I have tendon damage that I am sure happened when I was prescribed Levaquin, which is in the same family as Cipro. I would not take these drugs unless it was a life or death matter, as there are other antibiotics available.

I just wanted people to know that there was a side effect of permanent tendon damage, and that they should read about the side effects before taking this medicine and maybe look for an alternative if possible.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by Svipdagr

She never stated why she was taking cipro to begin with. Cipro has been known to combat anthrax for years, when the anthrax attacks happened after 911, cipro inventory ran out because of the over-hyped fear.
Im not trying to be mean but manhaters past posts about a lot of things are all over the place. so yea, have fun with her.

There is blood near the urine, not in the urine. That's why I'm on Cipro. I stated that in the first post and after you called me a hypochondriac. I do have minor pain above the area and in the lower right of the back. He saw the blood, so I don't think he thinks I'm a hypochondriac.

Doctor said it may be caused from spotting too. I never experienced spotting. It's not my period because that's done over with. I just had it.

Originally posted by Toots
Relax, Manhater - Cipro ain't gonna kill you, but maybe the infection it was prescribed for will, if you stop taking it.
It is a very potent antibiotic, usually only prescribed as a "last resort" to combat infections in the UT and kidneys.
The only other antibiotic I'm aware of in its class of potency would be Levaquin....which can cause pain and damage to tendons. Neither are prescribed for long term use. But even after 2-days of usage with Levaquin, a relative of mine experienced lots of leg and foot pain. I mentioned it to her doctor thinking she was being neurotic, but he said the same thing had happened to him. I wasn't too quick to dismiss her complaints of pain relating to anything, after that experience!

I didn't say it was going to kill me. But, Thank you for that information. Hope your relative is feeling better now.

So what if it's Generic-Cipro? Would that be the same or would that be okay? With the black box label?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
If you notice blood in your stool then you should def. go back to the doc, as this could indicate serious side effects. If you had blood in/ near you urine before then I wouldn't worry too much, unless of course the amount increase greatly. Just make sure your taking it as directed, usually on an empty stomach and not within 4hrs of dairy products, because they can decrease the effectiveness, if your really feeling having a hard time, talk to your doctor and see if you can get something else. Did they say you had a UTI??? If you have a kidney infection you need to make sure your not over doing it on fluids because that can cause your kidneys to have to work even harder. Sorry if this isn't much help.
I hope you feel better soon.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by RN311

No, he didn't say I had a UTI, he did say I wasn't pregnant.
[I was like, Thank God because first you got to be with a man for that to happen
].

But, it's just a small urgent care clinic.

Sucks, I like milk, and I just bought a whole bunch of yogurt and I can't eat or drink it. Now, it's going to spoil.

Bah.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join