It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why our World is a Prison Planet

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Why our World is a Prison Planet

Here is the reason why this world of ours is a prison planet: Our bodies.

Yes, that is right. The answer is our bodies. Let me explain...

Our bodies need food, clothing, clean water, shelter, transportation, and many other things.
In this world, nobody is free, because everybody needs these things - every day.

So you need all these things, but what can you offer in return?
To get all these things, all you can offer, is your time and effort.
This is true for most people, and therefore, they are not free.

Because everybody needs the necessities listed above, (and because these are not just freely available everywhere you look), we have competition amongst people.

And because of the competition amongst people, we get nasty things like back-stabbing, exploitation, different social classes, and things like monopolies, to name just a few. All these are mechanisms that work against somebody's freedom.

Now, let us talk about rich people for a moment, ...because maybe you think that this line of reasoning does not apply to rich people.

Rich people can just buy everything they need, but they are also not truely free.
Even rich people have to worry about harm coming to their bodies.
They are not immune against illness.
They are not immune against the loss of a loved one.
Some rich people worry about losing what they own. If you have any type of worry, you are not free.
Even rich people age, and will not live forever. They may be worried about getting older.

So, my conclusion is this:
We will only be free if we don't have bodies.

In other words, you need to be something like a true spirit being.

Without a physical body, you can go wherever you want to go, without worrying about the need for shelter, food, etc.

Without a body, you will not feel the cold. You will not feel hunger, or thirst.

Without a body, you will not need a place to rest, a place to call home.

Without a body, no harm can come to you. How can you harm a spirit being anyway?

Without a body, you cannot age and decay, like a physical body does. And therefore, you will not worry about this anymore.

Without a body, you will not have the need for any possessions. And therefore, you will also not worry about losing your possessions.

As far as I can see, this is the only way to achieve true freedom.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
So, there you have it.

I am interested to hear your comments.
Do you agree with me?
Do you disagree with me?

Please leave your comments below.

I hope you enjoyed reading my thoughts as much as I enjoyed writing them down.
QMask

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by QMask

I agree. But I also believe that our spirit can only learn the lessons needed to grow, and develop is to experience this reality in physical form. Thus the belief in reincarnation. We must understand the love, hate, pain and pleasure and learn the lessons they have to teach in order to move on. As difficult as this is, we cannot grow in spirit and knowledge without having these experiences.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Naw, our world is a school planet. It's only in a human body that enlightenment can be achieved. Enlightenment is the only absolute lesson, the only absolute freedom.

edit on 18-1-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by QMask

Even in the spirit realm there is a hierarchy so absolute freedom can't even be found there.
We are slaves to our consciousness. . .

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule
Naw, our world is a school planet. It's only in a human body that enlightenment can be achieved. Enlightenment is the only absolute freedom.

imma star that comment bluemule. the op is jumping to conclusions a bit.

but ive said it time and time again. if u are held with confines of any sort, four walls or even the confines of flesh and u cant find the door to leave when u want. then yes u are imprisoned! even if there is a door and u dont know there's one or how to find it.. it is the same as there not being a door for you!

find the door.

must i reference "The Cube (1969)" movie once more?

see here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

i've found my door.. find yours and leave and go as you please.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by QMask

I'll give it a go

There is no such thing as freedom. It is a concept that cannot exist

The mind cannot exist without the body.

Feeling hot, cold, hungry, angry, passion, anger in fact all emotions and senses are a gift not a task or a price to pay.

You list the negatives with relation to others but do not offer love, generosity, kindness, companionship, friendship.

Prison is a state of mind. If you see the world as a prison and your body as the jailor then that is what it becomes. But if you choose to accept your body as a gift that enables you to experience a world full of wonders that also becomes your reality.

I do not see any evidence for a thing called your spirit but if it does exist it has no meaning if it cannot experience the world it lives in.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by QMask

We will only be free if we don't have bodies.

In other words, you need to be something like a true spirit being.

Without a physical body, you can go wherever you want to go, without worrying about the need for shelter, food, etc.

I agree that all problems and struggles would be 'solved' without a body to care for.
However, doesn't this sound a little boring? What would we do, just float around for eternity?

Every thought, feeling and action only has relative meaning, dependent upon preceding (or anticipated) thoughts, feelings and actions.

The struggle to survive is what makes the good times seem worthwhile,
and the fear of death is what makes life seem precious.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynic

What you are saying, is this: we are on this prison planet, because we need to "grow", and "to experience this reality in physical form".

So, this is still a prison planet, and we are far from being free, in this current state.
Therefore, my original post still stands.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by QMask

I was not disagreeing with your position, but I don't think of our physical existance as a prison. It is an opportunity and a requirement to achieve full consciousness. We cannot understand the physical world, until we experience it. If that is a prison, it is one of our own making I suppose.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Your body is the first sphere of nonlocality for your consciousness, in a physical environment of layers......

Further, our lessons here, wherever that is, seem to be about the link and balance between our consciousness, identity, soul, however these fit together, and the physical realm we experience with our bodies, producing feelings and/or emotions, which are the physical reactions our bodies provide and experience when effected by the environment, others, and/or actions or happenings....

Our bodies can be a prison, themselves, if they are in pain, or tortured, or restricted against our conscious will, or if they are controlled remotely, beyond our own consciousness. But our bodies are also something of a miraculous, wonderful creation, and can provide us with great beauty of experience.....

Our emotions, now, this is an interesting area, as I believe and experience we are highly controlled and manipulated here, as well....

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I believe, as well, that "here" is designed in such a way that in order to survive, it appears we have sold our souls, or gone against the nature of life, or committed some crime against other life, to both show that we belong here and that life is itself, evil, inherently.

Think about it: the design, as you described it OP, for our survival in the environment, is that we must at some point, in some way take the energy from another living thing in order to continue on ourselves. This is just speaking to the basic needs part of your description. Taking it further, it seems increasingly we must absorb or destroy anothers' opportunities in order to achieve more than survival. It is one of the reasons our structure of popularly viewed success is scaled most efficiently by the sociopathic.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by QMask

Our world isn't a prison planet although you are free to make yourself a prisoner of it if you want to do that although why anyone would slips by me. Our world is a game setting upon which we play out the game and if you feel frustrated by the conditions then you are also free to check out anytime you want.

On the other hand you could make the most of things and take the first steps towards activating yourself as a full-on participant of the game. Its called Big Fish - Little fish. So check in don't check out.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

DeReK, you said, and I quote:

I agree that all problems and struggles would be 'solved' without a body to care for.
However, doesn't this sound a little boring? What would we do, just float around for eternity?

Yes, this is a good point. It probably will get boring after a while.
(On the other hand, there could be 7 billion+ other souls/spirit beings to interact with. This could be exiting. Just think of all the permutations, and all the possible games to be played.)

The struggle to survive is what makes the good times seem worthwhile,
and the fear of death is what makes life seem precious.

This line of reasoning, is like saying: "I like continuously bumping my head against a brick wall, because it feels so good when I stop."

In this case, you have to pause, and really evaluate what you are doing.

edit on 18-1-2013 by QMask because: fixed spelling

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

olaru12, you said, and I quote:

Even in the spirit realm there is a hierarchy so absolute freedom can't even be found there.

*) What hierarchy is there in the spirit realm? How do we know this for sure?

*) What do you mean by: "We are slaves to our consciousness"?

Comment:
If I thought my original post was a bit pessimistic, then you have superseded that, because what you are saying, is that there is no freedom to be found anywhere !!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

0mage,
you sound like a very wise person.
You said, and I quote:

find the door.

i've found my door.. find yours and leave and go as you please.

*) What "door" have you found?

*) Will the "door" that you have found, work for others as well?

I can think of one obvious door, but that may be a one-way ticket, and it is very much frowned upon.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

colin42, you said, and I quote:

I do not see any evidence for a thing called your spirit but if it does exist it has no meaning if it cannot experience the world it lives in.

In your statement, you assume a spirit cannot "experience the world it lives in".

I disagree with this. A spirit may very well "observe" the world it lives in.
Whether it can actually "interact" with it, is a different question.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by QMask
reply to post by colin42

colin42, you said, and I quote:

In your statement, you assume a spirit cannot "experience the world it lives in".

I disagree with this. A spirit may very well "observe" the world it lives in.
Whether it can actually "interact" with it, is a different question.
If you are observing something then you are not experiencing it.

You can watch a couple making love but unless you have experienced it you would not see the point of it.

Life is not or should not be a spectator sport.

you also wrote

Yes, this is a good point. It probably will get boring after a while.
(On the other hand, there could be 7 billion+ other souls/spirit beings to interact with. This could be exiting. Just think of all the permutations, and all the possible games to be played.)
The same spirits that back stab, cheat and exploit.

You still have not explained what you mean by 'being free'.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

tetra50,
you seem like a very wise person.
I get the impression you understand what I was talking about in my OP.

Anyway, you said, and I quote:

But our bodies are also something of a miraculous, wonderful creation, and can provide us with great beauty of experience.....

I am not disputing this for one second.
...but the points in my opening post still stand.

I was trying to explain what exactly makes us prisoners here on this prison planet.
I was trying to explain the mechanism of how the imprisonment process actually works.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

reply to post by olaru12

olaru12, you said, and I quote:

*) What hierarchy is there in the spirit realm? How do we know this for sure?

*) What do you mean by: "We are slaves to our consciousness"?

Comment:
If I thought my original post was a bit pessimistic, then you have superseded that, because what you are saying, is that there is no freedom to be found anywhere !!

Amigo, I have explored other realms in a shamanic tradition thru esoteric ritual and psychoactive substances that we can't discuss here at ATS and in those other "dimensions" if you will, there are power players even in those places.

And as far as being slaves to our consciousness; we are who we are, we can transcend our baser selves but ultimately we have to come to terms with our soul.

Perhaps true freedom is in a place that we as humans can't even conceptualize; But we can trick ourselves into believing we are "free" and that's probably close enough.

A Zen adept might get really close.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

reply to post by tetra50

tetra50,
you seem like a very wise person.
I get the impression you understand what I was talking about in my OP.

Anyway, you said, and I quote:

But our bodies are also something of a miraculous, wonderful creation, and can provide us with great beauty of experience.....

I am not disputing this for one second.
...but the points in my opening post still stand.

I was trying to explain what exactly makes us prisoners here on this prison planet.
I was trying to explain the mechanism of how the imprisonment process actually works.

Yes, I get exactly what you are explaining being a prisoner, myself. And my second post to you should have further explained added features I feel disply the mechanics, your word, which build the wall, and reinforce it.....

When I said in the first post that perhaps our bodies were the first layer of "nonlocal" experience for our consciousness in the layers of our connection to the physical world, I was alluding specifically to what I see may be the reasons for the prison, and the way we will eventually, hopefully transcend place, local, nonlocal and the rest.....

Enjoying your thread.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join