It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminism & The Downfall Of The Traditional Family

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by resoe26

Some Women need to know thier pinche role cuervo. Entiendes?

How delightfully racist. I think we understand each other now. Good luck finding somebody you can walk all over in life to cook your food and carry your spawn to full term.

How is that at all racist?
Why are you pulling a race card?
My Mother's side is from Galicia Spain and my father is from Mexico (Now a US citizen & he did it the right way).

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

A man will rarely say "No I don't want to be with you." to an average looking woman who is a bit shy. A woman will not hesitate to say "No I don't want to be with you." to an average looking man who is a bit shy. (Aka "Not confident")
reply to post by Jepic

I think you're misunderstanding. When I say some men aren't confident, I don't mean that they're shy. I mean they let women walk all over them. A woman isn't going to follow you unless you make an effort to lead.
edit on 18-1-2013 by Ireminisce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whosthatgirl
reply to post by Cuervo

Star for you. Thank you for such an eloquent and and well thought out response to some of the posts.

Clearly your buddy Cuervo missed the point and so did you

Enlighten us. Which point of yours did I miss? That women are overconfident and too uppity for you? That your friends are stuck in controlling relationships are can't cope with it in mature ways?

Really. Nothing I said was irrelevant. Man up and take responsibility for representing half of our species that needs to work with the other half in a mutual way. Nobody is forcing you or your friends in to arranged marriages. I'm sure you can find your diminutive passive woman on a mail-order bride site or perhaps on these forums but don't act surprised when a woman finds your views a bit immature and selfish.

Whoa there bub. Before you make assumptions. I'm already married. I got married right after I got out of the military. I have an awesome wife that is not passive whatsoever. But she respects me in the sense that I am man and she is a women. And that works amazing for us and I believe it will be beneficial for my children as well.

In this thread I was trying to attempt to get responses on peoples views of the downfall of the "Traditional Family" and possibly why it is nearly becoming extinct.

I have seen many guys my age (25) in controlling relationships. Seems almost all the women (in that age bracket) are or seem to be controlling. And why is that? Can you answer that question?
Why are young men such panochas now in days?
Is it because thier lack of a father figure growing up? Or was thier mother the dominant one in the household?
(do you understand my questions now?)

ps.
I have a awesome solid Father and an AMAZING Mother that are still married. I grew up with that and I am thankful for it.

If your main concern is the fall of the traditional nuclear family, why place blame on women evolving? Why not blame men for not being able to keep up?

As I keep saying, people are the issue. It boils down to selfishness. Women are perceived to have a more substantial role in relationships now and it's not being accepted very well by many men. Would you rather have men advance and grow up or would you have women revert and take a step backwards?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

reply to post by Jepic

At periods in my life I have had moments of shyness and insecurities. Do you know what I did? I tried to get new interests, hobbies, friends anything to boost my confidence and feelings of selfworth. Aren't men allowed to do this? Do your mums stop this? Are you incapable of striving for personel goals? Or is it just easier to blame it all on women??

I think you are misinterpreting my comment. I have nothing against people overcoming personal hurdles but that is no reason for not giving someone a chance at a relationship. Or should shy and introverted people not be given the basic need of having a relationship?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

How delightfully racist. I think we understand each other now. Good luck finding somebody you can walk all over in life to cook your food and carry your spawn to full term.

My Mother's side is from Galicia Spain and my father is from Mexico (Now a US citizen & he did it the right way).

Yeah, sorry. Just get annoyed when people assume I now Spanish just because of my name. I'm over it if you are.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Ummm.... that's exactly what I WAS SAYING. Men are ALSO to blame.
Which is why in the presenting post of this thread, I added links to the consequences of fatherless youth. And how maybe that is why these men bend over now in days.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Yeah, sorry. Just get annoyed when people assume I now Spanish just because of my name. I'm over it if you are.

Over it too Hermano (brother)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
Women need to get down of the pedestal and start being less demanding and controlling.

Who are these women?! My gods, do you realize how ignorant that sounds?

By that rationale, all men beat their wives and all Arabs are terrorists. Seriously, why can't you just say "people need to be less demanding and controlling"? There is no way to justify saying that "all women" need to do anything.

At least in London I can tell you these women are the majority.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Really, Cuervo , I do not think you see the point he is trying to make. I also do not think that you should be putting him down as much as you are. He stated he is a father and has a great wife so why the harsh comments about mail-order bride sites?

I certainly did not read this thread and immediately think he was disgracing women. He is simply stating the facts. I haven't read anything that has struck me as false so far, besides your ignorant comments.

I am a woman, wife, and mother and I whole heartedly agree that MOST women in relationships today....suck. They control every aspect of their man's life, and that should not be. Now, I will be the first to agree that there are men out there that control their women as well, but that woman did not have to spend her life with that man in he first place, she did not have to date or marry that man. That was her choice, and now she can decide to leave, or stay. Everyone has free will to do as they please. All this thread is trying to state is that women are becoming a bit too much. As a woman myself, I see it every day. It disgusts me.

-Public fights with their husbands/boyfriends where it is the WOMEN who are yelling and causing a scene, not the male. They want attention. It's silly.

-Telling their husbands/boyfriends they can not go out with their friends, they have to stay home and hang out with them instead. ...... They can go hang out with their own friends, and if there are children involved, they can make compromises so the mother can have a night out as well, or heck, get a fricken babysitter and both have a night out.

and above all...what I hate to see more than anything, and I see it all the time, single mothers looking for a boyfriend to be the next daddy to her already fatherless children, and then forcing her kids to call him daddy, and expecting the new boyfriend to do everything for her and HER kids RIGHT AWAY, demanding, demanding, demanding. What these women should be doing Is bettering themselves for their children, and wait until they meet the right person who is willing to be a step parent to her children, she shouldn't be going out of her way, SEARCHING AND SEARCHING for men because while she's searching, she is neglecting her children and their feelings. its sickening.

I like the thread, I agree with it, kudos to you Resoe.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Possibly, shy introverted people need to meet like minded people. My problem with your posts is you keep moaning about shy men not being given a chance. Are you aiming too high in life??? I look fine however I dont expect Tom Hardy to be ringing my bell anytime soon. Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with aiming for the stars but if you want some high class woman who looks amazing then you have to expect they are looking for the same in life, and why not if they work hard for it.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Precisely! You can be shy and still confident in your masculinity. But why do women assume that a guy who is not that confident is not ready to have and lead a family? I mean geez... Do we need to have the confidence of a businessman to have a chance?

I assume that if a man is so insecure that he's willing to let a woman control him then he's not ready to be the dominant figure in a traditional family. If it takes a while to find a woman that won't try and control you, then so be it. You'll build your confidence while working your way to the right girl.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ushouldntcare

Are you his wife? Hehe.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ireminisce

A man will rarely say "No I don't want to be with you." to an average looking woman who is a bit shy. A woman will not hesitate to say "No I don't want to be with you." to an average looking man who is a bit shy. (Aka "Not confident")
reply to post by Jepic

I think you're misunderstanding. When I say some men aren't confident, I don't mean that they're shy. I mean they let women walk all over them. A woman isn't going to follow you unless you make an effort to lead.
edit on 18-1-2013 by Ireminisce because: (no reason given)

The problem is not a guy being shy but women who think it's okay to walk over other people.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

reply to post by ushouldntcare

Are you his wife? Hehe.

That's what I was wondering......

honey..............?
edit on 18-1-2013 by resoe26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Hmmmm sure looks like it lol.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

I agree, but my point is the man should not let the woman walk all over him. He should move on until he finds a woman that finds joy in respecting and supporting a man. A woman that is OK with having a traditional marriage.

The only thing thing that might bring us back to traditional family values is if the men stand up, go to work, provide for their families, and let their wives know that they won't be controlled. My husband tries to tell his friends this all the time, but they'd rather sit around and complain.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Jepic

Possibly, shy introverted people need to meet like minded people. My problem with your posts is you keep moaning about shy men not being given a chance. Are you aiming too high in life??? I look fine however I dont expect Tom Hardy to be ringing my bell anytime soon. Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with aiming for the stars but if you want some high class woman who looks amazing then you have to expect they are looking for the same in life, and why not if they work hard for it.

Again, the problem is not shy people aiming high. I would say the vast majority of shy guys would be the happiest people in the world if just an average looking gal gave them a chance.
The problem is women rarely give shy men a chance. Most women want Mr. Confident with good looks.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ushouldntcare
reply to post by Cuervo

Really, Cuervo , I do not think you see the point he is trying to make. I also do not think that you should be putting him down as much as you are. He stated he is a father and has a great wife so why the harsh comments about mail-order bride sites?

I certainly did not read this thread and immediately think he was disgracing women. He is simply stating the facts. I haven't read anything that has struck me as false so far, besides your ignorant comments.

I am a woman, wife, and mother and I whole heartedly agree that MOST women in relationships today....suck. They control every aspect of their man's life, and that should not be. Now, I will be the first to agree that there are men out there that control their women as well, but that woman did not have to spend her life with that man in he first place, she did not have to date or marry that man. That was her choice, and now she can decide to leave, or stay. Everyone has free will to do as they please. All this thread is trying to state is that women are becoming a bit too much. As a woman myself, I see it every day. It disgusts me.

-Public fights with their husbands/boyfriends where it is the WOMEN who are yelling and causing a scene, not the male. They want attention. It's silly.

-Telling their husbands/boyfriends they can not go out with their friends, they have to stay home and hang out with them instead. ...... They can go hang out with their own friends, and if there are children involved, they can make compromises so the mother can have a night out as well, or heck, get a fricken babysitter and both have a night out.

and above all...what I hate to see more than anything, and I see it all the time, single mothers looking for a boyfriend to be the next daddy to her already fatherless children, and then forcing her kids to call him daddy, and expecting the new boyfriend to do everything for her and HER kids RIGHT AWAY, demanding, demanding, demanding. What these women should be doing Is bettering themselves for their children, and wait until they meet the right person who is willing to be a step parent to her children, she shouldn't be going out of her way, SEARCHING AND SEARCHING for men because while she's searching, she is neglecting her children and their feelings. its sickening.

I like the thread, I agree with it, kudos to you Resoe.

Virtually every flaw you pointed out has been a regular trend in many men for centuries. My annoyance with his complaint is that I feel people are hyper-aware of this because it is relatively new. PEOPLE who do the things you described suck. PEOPLE. Men do this, too. I don't see complaints about how we need to stop the "masculinity movement" but we are guilty of the same flaws.

And you are right, I was a bit harsh. Out of context, the opening post in this thread paints Resoe a bit differently than he did when he clarified his position. He's not a bad person; I'm just not on the same page.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ireminisce
reply to post by Jepic

I agree, but my point is the man should not let the woman walk all over him. He should move on until he finds a woman that finds joy in respecting and supporting a man. A woman that is OK with having a traditional marriage.

The only thing thing that might bring us back to traditional family values is if the men stand up, go to work, provide for their families, and let their wives know that they won't be controlled. My husband tries to tell his friends this all the time, but they'd rather sit around and complain.

Ding Ding. Jackpot

Nice to see that there are still others out there that hold on to a solid marriage the way it was meant to be.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

reply to post by resoe26

Hmmmm sure looks like it lol.

Not my wife. She doesn't get on ATS really.
She is more of a Games.com person... you know.. Scrabble.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join