It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Patriot Oath

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I woke up this morning and like I do every morning I check the news, no not the MSM but the alternative media. Seems they report the news as it is and don't put the Government spin on it. I know to take it for a grain of salt as I do most news unless it has several sources to back it up. However I digress...

This morning I came across this video and I was slack-jawed.

It's basically some media puppets complaining about the new NRA ad that calls Obama a "Hypocrite" for using armed security to protect his kids, while balking at the idea of all schools doing the same for ours.

It made me sad to watch this as these people along with many others take their freedom for granted.

Then I got to thinking about my wife's military oath.... I was a contractor so I never got to take the oath so I got to thinking about writing a Patriot Oath.

I am not a word smith by any means and I wish I could speak in such a way like our founders did. So here it goes:

The Patriot Oath:

I am an American Patriot, like those that came before me, I believe that all men and women are created equal. We were endowed with certain natural rights that no man, woman or government may take away, of those be; life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. To affirm those rights requires conviction and principles to stand with the great men and women who have made America the beacon of freedom that shines for all the world to see. Our American Constitution is the supreme law of the land written by We the People, and I as a Citizen and a Patriot have a duty to defend it, not only against threats to it from a foreign land but here domestically as well. I hereby pledge my fortune, and my life to keep our Constitution for the united States the supreme law of the land and defend it against all enemies both foreign and domestic, so help me God.

Thoughts?

edit on 18-1-2013 by SWCCFAN because: add sentence...

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I don't believe in taking oaths. I will let me actions speak for themselves.
An oath is meaningless until the person is put to the test. Just look at how many people break their oath, or vow, to remain faithful to their mate.
I won't go putting to much trust in people simply because they make some public or private oath.
But it interesting to get a glimpse into the intimate feelings of the founding fathers. Thanks for posting that, it is rather thought provoking.

edit on 1/18/2013 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

Thanks.

I think an oath is a promise not necessarily to an organization or government, but to one's self to stand on the principles that they affirmed by taking the oath.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Extremely cheesy and a bunch of nationalistic propaganda.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
No one can stop and idea whose time has come. Now is the time for all good men and women to come to the aid of our nation and our Constitution; for once again the core of the very freedoms we take for granted are under attack. We must stand up united as one voice and let it be known that freedom will not perish from this land. Liberty will not die because many of you fell prey to the propaganda, although we are few in number we still have a voice and we will proclaim that freedom will prevail over the tyranny and oppression that we are increasingly being put under. Freedom is not free and as Thomas Jefferson once said: It was paid for by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
Extremely cheesy and a bunch of nationalistic propaganda.

Care to elaborate?

With such a shallow comment, I don't think you could add anything of worth to the conversation, but thanks for your input....

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

It's basically some media puppets complaining about the new NRA ad that calls Obama a "Hypocrite" for using armed security to protect his kids, while balking at the idea of all schools doing the same for ours.

I'm going to assume that you believe in capitalism as your preferred economic system...

Obama is a multi-millionaire, he has been so for years now, even before his presidency. He can afford to send his children to a private school with 100 guards. This is how capitalism works... the people with more paper get treated as more important than the people with a little amount of paper because they can "afford" to. It is an economic system based on inequality to function.

It's ironic to so many people cry at the outcome of their beloved economic system. I guess it's because they never sit down and actually think about what the system entails.

I am an American Patriot, like those that came before me, I believe that all men and women are created equal.

So they're created equal they surely aren't going to be treated as equal in this country...

We were endowed with certain natural rights that no man, woman or government may take away, of those be; life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

The death penalty is legal in the US, this line sorta contradicts that.

. To affirm those rights requires conviction and principles to stand with the great men and women who have made America the beacon of freedom that shines for all the world to see.

I'm not interested in joining your "patriot" cult.

Our American Constitution is the supreme law of the land written by We the People

Nope. It was actually written by a very small group of guys a couple centuries ago.

I hereby pledge my fortune, and my life to keep our Constitution for the united States the supreme law of the land and defend it against all enemies both foreign and domestic, so help me God.

Sounding like a cult again.........

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
If you don't care what happens to other people , don't complain when it is done about you.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

cult
/kəlt/
Noun

1. A system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object.
2. A relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister.

Synonyms
worship - religion - adoration

Um?

I am not seeing the cult here .... A person affirming themselves to be a free human being along with the very document that founded this nation cannot possibly be a cult.

That is utter non-sense.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

You seem to enjoy your freedom of speech, without which, the very words you say could be used to persecute you, and take what freedoms you think you have. but wait , the Constitution and those who take an oath to it keep you protected so you can and may spout your unpatriotic thoughts.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Not as wordy as my own, but great none the less. It is a time to reaffirm our convictions, because soon may be the time that we have to stand in front of the world and swear allegiance to them. God bless.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by chopperswolf

the Constitution and those who take an oath to it keep you protected

I'm not going to worship someone for reciting some silly paragraph. Why would you be so gullible as to trust them? Just look at all the corrupt police, military, and politicians that took a similar oath, one that is actually legally bound.

unpatriotic thoughts.

Patriotism is a nice name for nationalism...and nationalism is just non-nonsensical.
edit on 18-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

I would take your oath.

I like it.

Some things to consider..

I would say "persons" instead of man or woman, I would x the pledge of fortunes to defend it, and also I would add personal honor and virtue of brotherhood to the oath on which we swear by pain of death.

EDIT:
I might not say pursuit of happiness, since that has not really been defined as it is. I would just say pursuit of personal security and well being.

Also I would have the oath taker swear to honor State sovereignty.

edit on 18-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Your whole patriot pledge revolves around practically worshiping the constitution and pledging to fight to the death for it.

Christians do the same thing when they get "saved".

And your pledge is the exact opposite of being a free human being... you are pledging to protect the STATE. The constitution is a statist document.

Are you willing to die for a state run post office? Because the constitution mandates there must be one.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
OP
pay no mind. You know who we care for....

Most people come from places that have used nationalism to commit atrocities. In the US our "nationalism" is brother hood, which is why I said to include it in the pledge.

Most places have NO LOYALTY, steal and hurt each other out of rabid self interest. You dont need to be a corporate scum bag to do so either, common people. Not even little towns the world over are free of vile gossip and mistrust of each other. There is no union to the world anymore, while back home in American small towns the bond of brotherhood still holds true.

THAT is what is seen as the enemy to the globalists, and so they mock our patriotism and use it to their ends so as to sick the minions of morons on us. Burn flags and defecate on their own national heritage.

Leave them be. They are not happy with themselves and so want people to join them in the crap hole of self hate and doubt.

We arent "proud" to be American. We dont need to be the greatest country to love our home. We LOVE our country and our people. Only a fool would throw that away for the trend of the day (pride or hate, however we divide).

Leave them be. Like I said, YOU KNOW WHO WE CARE FOR....

HOLD IT DOWN
Enough time's been wasted and now I'm faced with our realities
And what's to come of this scene
So many come and go, some have disgraced it
I think, it's time we take a stand show them what we mean

You can't stop this, this thing of ours
Hold it down
This things is ours, hardcore is ours

Time after time, line after line
I must express the truth 'cuz that is what we stand for
Some live to lie they will defy and deny our roots I pay no mind
You know, who we care for

And I'm not only speaking for myself, I can't
I hope, I speak for everyone else out there
'Cuz a lot of people think that we don't care
But they can't stop what I'm bringing, can't stop what I'm bringing

Tryin' to make a change, do what I can
They can't stop what I'm bringing, can't stop what I'm bringing
You can't stop what we're bringing
Tryin' to make a change and hold it down 'cuz we can

OUR FAMILY
Times are hard and getting rougher
Could never understand why my family had to suffer
May be it's because we're not as fortunate as others
At least we've got each other, and we can rely on one another

Working hard just to make ands meet
Through good and bad we refused to accept defeat
Trying to give us what they never could have
Not a day goes by that we don't thank god for what we have

Times are hard but getting better
We paid our dues but money doesn't last forever
Maybe it's because the money doesn't always matter
At least we have each other and we can rely on another

I thank my family for everything that was given to me
Being there no matter what, even willing to die for me
They're not at fault if I'm not as good as I'm supposed to be
They did their part and now it's all up to me

I thank god and all my family
Did their best and now it's up to me

edit on 18-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Would you have the people of The United States to be further enslaved by a corrupt government and system? I do not worship the constitution and its amendments, it is a framework of ideals for equality for all peoples in this land, it simply puts forth in writing the rights all people have, a set goal for equality, and has been amended so that these rights that all persons are born with are to be recognized and not infringed upon by those we put in governance over us. when we the people recognize tyranny in our midst. it is our responsibility as a free people or society to set this tyranny to rights. we must have a framework to unite all races and cultures in this land we call home. our leaders have strayed far from these ideals and we have been long-suffering , and we as a free people have the right to correct this. if you dont stand for something you will fall for anything

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by chopperswolf

You seem to enjoy your freedom of speech, without which, the very words you say could be used to persecute you, and take what freedoms you think you have. but wait , the Constitution and those who take an oath to it keep you protected so you can and may spout your unpatriotic thoughts.

It should be noted that people get persecuted everyday in this country for exercising their freedom of speech. The ideals of freedom are great on paper, but reality falls far short.
I believe in those ideals, but just don't see them practiced here or anywhere else. I don't think anyone should be denied the right to utter an oath if they want to. The problem will be with how those who refuse to do so will be treated.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Words are simply another dark form of magic spells. Words hold ideas and can be used for control or manipulation us, for good and for evil. "Patriot/Patriotism" is a perfect example of this. People are controlled, manipulated and blinded by words like this and have no idea that they are being led down a specific path these words induce. So many people have died in the name of these words with no real idea what the true agenda was behind these words.

Other such words are democracy, freedom, terrorism, defense, loyalty and bravery. They are spoken to control. To guide and to herd people.

I know, most don't agree with this understanding, but it is a fact. Think for yourself. Turn off the TV and see your world around you in a broader perspective. This reality is not what you believe it to be...

But, as always decide what is right for yourself.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

I agree that we have wandered far from the foundations and ideals, those who would stand up for equality should not persecute those who wont or can't , for such is their right as free and equal in society, but those who will stand for fairness should not be demonized or ridiculed by others who accept the yoke and restraints placed on them by corrupt, false, masters who would control all for their own gain.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I may not agree with what you say, but i will defend to the death you right to say it. do you know who said that?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join