It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you care much about guns ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I ask people to keep it humanical than political , please.
edit on 18-1-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by 11235813213455

So you think you're going to win this on the same worn out platitudes then? I see..

These are not your words. These are not your thoughts. These are the words and thoughts of the ideology that has been forced on you at a young age and you are simply parroting them for your masters.

How do you even know me ?

Are you a shrink or something ?

I wouldn't pay you as a shrink.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Sorry, did you completely miss me saying we never should have gone into Afghanistan or are you ignoring it on purpose?

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Never should have gone into Afghanistan. Hell, the US never should have established a standing army.

Forgivable.
edit on 18-1-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
IDK this right wing fanatic gun hysteria is getting really boring tho.

They're brainwashed and believe anything they read off a right wing extremist blog. These people are the easiest controlled political group in the USA, yet they think they're above everyone else. They run off pure paranoia and loose all ablity to think logically.

Sad really.

Careful your intelligence is showing........

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
If the Right wants everyone to show an ID when it's time to vote, then everyone should be forced to submit through thorough background checks when buying a tool that is specifically designed for killing.

Conversely, the left want there to be no identification or proof of elegibility on the right to vote whatsoever but want to remove the right to keep and bear arms entirely.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Tell me something I don't know.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by mideast

So , you like your constitution , you don't like your laws and bills ? You support patriot act ?

Yes, I like the Constitution.
No, I don't like many of our laws.
I do not support the patriot act.

Do you like our Constitution?
Do you want the freedoms it describes?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

So , you like your constitution , you don't like your laws and bills ? You support patriot act ?

I don't know your constitution much.

But I like freedom as long as it supports and follows justice.

Otherwise it can be a bribe.

And bribe is not coming always you know.

+ I do know many beautiful laws and lessons. But I see they are mostly being ignored by actions.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

bravo to you, as well as nanocyte and waterbottle. i sometimes wonder the same thing when reading these boards... i'm way bored of discussing the gun issue from a uk thread that has eaten up too much time for me to get more involved in this one, but thank you for raising this

edit on 18-1-2013 by skalla because: shpelling

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

You should read it.
Also the Bill of Rights.
Also the Federalist Papers.

It might provide insight in how many Americans think.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

The first ten amendments of the US constitution

www.ratical.org...

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I don't have the answer on how to keep guns away from the bad guys. The one thing I do know is that if our goverment attempts to take guns away......there will be a great loss of life.

Let's say they do take all of the guns away, surely they will then get rid of their guns too.......right?

One word for the OP......FREEDOM.....

Jus' sayin'

spez

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
IDK this right wing fanatic gun hysteria is getting really boring tho.

They're brainwashed and believe anything they read off a right wing extremist blog. These people are the easiest controlled political group in the USA, yet they think they're above everyone else. They run off pure paranoia and lose all ablity to think logically.

Sad really.

I'm certainly not right wing and I care about gun control. You should stop with the left-right thing because this affects all of us. Or maybe you aren't aware of Obamas new campaign.. the one he & his crew are about to embark upon.

To the OP; Most of us want our brothers & sisters to come home and take no joy in them being there. We care about our guns because the changes they are trying to make in the Constitution go beyond our beliefs.. but I don't speak for everyone.

Instead of pushing the divide, why not stop with the blame game already.. after all, we citizens didn't push for these wars and have no control over them. Some people might think they have control, but it's just an illusion.

edit on 18-1-2013 by RobinB022 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
The link between the ideas you are juxtaposing is rather tenuous; having said that, the reason we care about our guns is that we don't want to be in the same # they are in. Unless it has escaped your notice, the guys ravaging Afghanistan are the same idiots who want our guns.

What exactly is the point of this thread?

edit on 18-1-2013 by D377MC because: form

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I care about both, i would stop the killing today if i were given
the ability to do so, i have done my part, i openly disagree with
our governments actions in many instances, i write my congressmen
and senator about things when i feel the need arises, i am mindful
of my rights and wish to protect them, my right to bear arms and
my right to desire peace with everyone, if only it were as simple
as us saying no don't do that.........

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by WildWorld
I don't care about guns, I care about my constitution.

The Bill of Rights is an integrated oath where the 2nd amendment ensures the prosecution and protection of the other 9.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I'm not some right wing gun nut. I'm a moderate. I support smaller government, repealing the patriot act and ndaa, bringing our troops home from wherever they are deployed to, legalized victimless crimes (all drugs, gambling, prostitution but not pimping), and our bill of rights (which includes gun ownership). I served in the Army and was deployed to Iraq in 2005. Please stop stereotyping Americans. Obama isn't pissing off just the right wing he is pissing off the moderates and even liberals. The MSM wants to classify us all as right wing nuts so they can marginalize us and you are buying into it.
edit on 18-1-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Who says that we don't care about Afghanistan? What an empty statement. We should have pulled out of there 8 years ago. Better yet, we never should have gone in the first place. Our hands were bound from the first day our troops set boots on the ground. I have friends and relatives who have been permanently injured as a result of Afghanistan. All of them injured by IED's while patrolling the streets for safety. They never saw or engaged their attackers. They never had a chance to defend themselves.

We care about our constitutional right to bear arms! Our right to engage in recreational and competitive shooting events. Our right to hunt for sport and sustenance. And Above all our right to defend our homes and families from those who wish to do us harm and take what we have worked for.

You can't erase history and you certainly cannot change it and all that has resulted from it.

Why do people care so much about taking guns away from law abiding citizens? Why no accountability for Criminals and their actions? Why blame the gun and not the person who pulled the trigger? Why are so many gun laws already on the books ignored or under enforced on a daily basis?

The violent criminal mind will always find a way to act out their urge. If they don't do it with a gun they will use a knife, a baseball bat, a pipe bomb, a chemical bomb, a match and some gasoline etc etc etc. Disarming me will have no effect on the criminal mind. It just makes their task easier and emboldens them to act out with greater level of violence.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

I don't know your constitution much.

But I like freedom as long as it supports and follows justice.

Otherwise it can be a bribe.

And bribe is not coming always you know.

+ I do know many beautiful laws and lessons. But I see they are mostly being ignored by actions.

Then it seems kinda silly to me that you would start a thread concerning our constitution and our rights. Perhaps a little research would have went a long way into understanding how our system works, and would have made you look like less of an fill in the blank_________. Seems I have wandered into another thread that serves no purpose whatsoever except to belittle Americans without actually researching what your complaining about. In order to understand something you need to learn about it otherwise you look kinda silly to put it mildly.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Flag and star!

I will say it. Hypocrisy is at it's fullest. For too long people could care less what happens to other human beings, even in many cases supporting the deception to justify it.

Even now so many who are angry about their rights being violated are saying with the same breath that they are ok with the "crazies" being disarmed but no no not them.

By allowing some to be labeled crazies and throwing them under the bus even though they have not committed any crime shows they are STILL ok with denying some people their rights without just cause as long as its not them.

Too long murder is justified by making the target non-persons, objectifying them first before wrong is done to them.

So as I see it, people are not repenting for the injustices they turned a blind eye on and therefore supported but are now mad because it might now effect them as well.

But hey, disregard everything I have said because Im crazy for my views *winks

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join