It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Stop Mass Shootings (video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
This guy makes a lot of sense , and I think breaks it down better then I can in my state of hyper sensitivity sometimes to the issue.......

He has a huge point on the glorification of the psychopaths......

Im not sure I could come up with an actual valid argument against his points......

What say you?

And please watch.......before you comment.....

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I agree with the video completely. As the spirals of life turn, psychopaths are more recognized than our heroes. All the heroes in the last century that tried to help humanity evolve where either ridiculed or killed, and I'm not even going to start mentioning names; you all know them well. Subconscious programming of the modern world, makes me sick.

"I find it strange the way human nature wants heroes and yet wants to destroy their heroes. It's a kind of mass insecurity people want something to look up to and get a buzz off but, at the same time, want to destroy it because it makes them feel insecure"

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

*Golf Clap*....

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Well spoken young man, but hardly a new idea. In the form of a 4 minute youtube video, it might actually garner some real attention though.

Definately one to toss up on facebook
edit on Thu, 17 Jan 2013 22:00:02 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
S&F
Liked and Shared
Good find!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

He has a huge point on the glorification of the psychopaths......
I read this line and my thoughts went to..

Charlton Heston

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I authored a thread regarding Contagion Theory that fits well with this.

The media is mostly responsible for the ongoing violence as stated in the video. They promote and glorify sociopaths. Hollywood does the same, shows like Dexter among others accomplish this sort of double think.

~Tenth
edit on 1/17/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
On one hand it is a very well spoken argument.
On the other hand this guy really didn't say anything that the pro-gun side hasn't been saying forever now.
He pretty much just said that the whole gun argument is stupid and then gave the word for word argument that the pro-gun side says.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Thanks for the responses and input guys.........sorry im in and out on this thread i think im coming down with something, lets hope its not one of the various forms of the flu, altho I havent had the flu in over 10 years (since i stopped the vaccine but thats another thread)

I think you guys are right tho, unfortunately people dont have the attention span much to read anymore, and videos are the way to go......

I will def check out your thread Tenth, ive often thought what he said was true......I suppose its the old roman gladiator arena mentality that keeps us "sick" on psychopaths, instead of uplifted by the heroes

new topics

top topics

join