It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Earth the center of the universe, cosmos dimensions etc?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Sorry if i'm creating a topic that has been posted on here before but i did find one in my search, with that said i have a big question to ask.

Why is it that Earth is the enter of everything? i mean why is there an alien struggle so focused on Earth? isn't there other more suitable places out there in the cosmos? my problem with all of this is that once again it feels like people are in the belief that the Earth is the center of existence.

If we are truly at the center of things then i would say that we should nationalize our world and kick the aliens out and figure out how to save ourselves from our own destructive ways.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by razor1000

It is FLAT, too.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Annie Mossity

its flat lined
even a zombie is livelier.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

It isn't the center of anything, we create that feeling so that we don't feel so alone. Some people are frightened by the idea that there is life on other planets, other are frightened by the idea that there isn't.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Whos to say these aliens arent out exploring other worlds as well? With the infrequent amount of ufo sightings, I find it hard to believe that an alien race's entire space fleet is located on or near earth. If we know next to nothing about these visitors there is no way of knowing all the worlds and intelligent species they are interacting with.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Why is Earth the center of the universe, cosmos dimensions etc?

Because we have huge ego's, and everything revolves around us.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Because the Aliens are from here too, only in another dimension.
They are closer than you think.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

yes exactly! people only care about themselves for the most part, that quality if you can call it that really makes me detest humans but every now and then i run into people who are kind and i want to be kind to them in return and this feels good. sometimes i will even help a selfish person out of that kindness i feel for people when i see them in a tough situation and i don't seek anything in return. let it be said however that i am well trained and i too can be selfish and an asshole with these kinds of people.

Yes i went off topic sue me

what i see is too many people who think that were being used by secret societies, black programs and alien influence because we must have something that you can't find anywhere else.

any advanced civilization can make its own slave force trough cloning, resources abound in barren rocks floating in space and any advanced race should be able to manipulate the elements. i could go on with this so whats so important about us?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

yeah i'm up on that, we cant see them and they cant see us under normal circumstance but some have means to cross boundaries and carry out some matrix(speaking about the movie) like agenda on us.

what i have to wonder is how many races have evolved from earth prior to the dinosaurs or since, take a loot at all these ancient structures around the world, did we really make them and if so what happened to make us forget and have to re-learn the techniques?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The answer is obvious. Humans only know about life here on Earth.

I spend 99.9 percent of my time here on Earth either awake or asleep even in my dreams. The Earth is the center of our lives. I only spend a tiny amount of time in my dreams traveling to other star systems. I don't care to travel a whole lot.

I was thrilled at work when I heard they were going to cut back air travel in 2008. Of course if our entire universe is like a tiny bubble and is the size of an atom in a much much larger universe, the distances involved in traveling to the next bubble of a universe is extremely far.

Now I'm wondering what happens to photons of light when they get stretched out of existence due to traveling through space time that expands faster than the photons can travel the distance. I might need aliens to come here to Earth and tell me.
. It's nice to be at the center of the universe.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

I don't know about the photons i'd guess that it would probably end up seeing the back of it's self ahead of it, i'd like to travel the cosmos but i promised my baby girl i wouldn't leave her again after i came back from Afghanistan so if you meet some aliens send me a post card from wherever they take you to experiment on

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Because human vanity knows no limits.
We want to believe we are the epitome of developed species, the most advanced, intelligent and civilized.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedmoonMWC
Because human vanity knows no limits.
We want to believe we are the epitome of developed species, the most advanced, intelligent and civilized.

Its is fine to aspire to greater heights but we shouldn't cause other people to suffer in order to get there. greed drives today's society and i don't need to source that, its just a sad fact caused by our system of wealth distribution.

now i'm not saying that lazy people who do nothing should have the same stuff that someone who works their whole life for should, rather that people's self achievements should allow them to gain all that they need and want.

the price for a house should be a bachelor's degree, companies should shuttle works and cars should be something you apply for and based on needs rather than wants.

you get my drift, but how to get to this kind of world without being ruled by a single group is a mystery to me.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Because you get more book sales if your readers feels like their in someway even remotely involved in some event.

So make earth planet zero in your theory or ideas and even joe shmoe can feel like their part of the galactic scene. Write it from the point of view we might just be some backwater hovel a few others might visit from time to time and im sure you'd turn your readers, listeners, adherents off.

Hey we might be something special in the end, but you've gotta start by taking it from the mindset of just what are the people who talk of earth being some special Eden or nexus are selling.

Granted im one of those who go with the idea earths just another long lost or ignored colony (yeah kinda BSGish
) of humans that somehow for what ever reason knocked itself back into the stone age at some point in its long distant past. ie ancient aliens, but 'we' are the ancient aliens to begin with and somewhere out there lays the real 'center' of the universe... we might end up back there someday, if we survive.

Originally posted by razor1000
you get my drift, but how to get to this kind of world without being ruled by a single group is a mystery to me.

Simple, everyone does what they can for society and others alone, and in total, not for money or personal gain... you work no matter the job, because it makes society tick and allows others to live a happy life without want or fear, and you can have the peace of mind that every one else is doing the same for you in turn. ie work with no expectation for or requirement of material gain.

Unfortunately try getting people to do that with today's mindset without some group thinking their more or less important than others would be impossible, I know I would have alot trouble becoming a member of such a world.
edit on 17-1-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I would think one question that is needed to be answered first is: Before we claim anything the center of anything, must we not know the dimensions of the thing (universe) before we can claim we know where the center is?

Peace!! ID

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
If infinity exsists, and the universe is infinite, then each one of us is the center as we have infinity in all directions.

IIIIIIII >O< IIIIIIII

edit on 18-1-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Why is it that Earth is the enter of everything?

It is not, and most people, especially educated ones, Know so.

i mean why is there an alien struggle so focused on Earth?

There is no alien struggle focused on Earth. What makes you think so?

isn't there other more suitable places out there in the cosmos?

Yes, countless places, likely millions in our galaxy alone, and many billions more just in the immediate vicinity of our cluster of galaxies.

my problem with all of this is that once again it feels like people are in the belief that the Earth is the center of existence.

Which people? Not me. Not too many I've come to know well here on ATS. In fact, nobody I've encountered in recent memory thinks this is the case.

If we are truly at the center of things

We are not truly at the center of "things". We don't claim to be. We are not pretending to be. YOU might be, but please speak for yourself.

...then i would say that we should nationalize our world

How do you propose we "nationalize" our world? With some hesitation about TPTB, a New World Order, globalization, and related issues, perhaps you may wish to seek a majority consensus on "nationalizing our world". It's our world too - and some of us may not agree with you.

...and kick the aliens out

Ahh - so you KNOW there are aliens here to "kick" out, eh? Got any evidence you might want to share? Also, when YOU go "kick" the aliens - can we come and watch? I'm sure your mighty "kick" will have great affect on superior beings. Colloquially, as for "kicking them out", presumably you mean evicting them from our planet. How do you suggest this be accomplished? By whom? You? Again, mind if we tag along for this show?

...and figure out how to save ourselves from our own destructive ways. [

Ahh... finally - something we can agree on! Not the method, but the root of the problem, perhaps. Although, I am a bit perplexed by the assertion that "kicking aliens out" would somehow facilitate us "saving ourselves". If anything, I might consider that aliens may be in a better position to do so. In fact, that may be precisely why they are here...

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I've often thought the same thing as you.

I look at a bug or a mouse and I wonder in the large scheme of things if we're any different. A mega advanced alien civilization would probably be as interested in us as we're interested in bugs.

However, one part of this argument that has a hole is if lower life-forms can't be the center of everything then why do we farm cattle? Why do we have chickens and pigs in slaughter pens? The irony is that a pig or a chicken might think they're somehow special until they see the grim reality of their existence. The fact that we're lower than the advanced alien civilization doesn't mean they won't have a reason to farm us. Similarly, the fact that we're so much lower than them doesn't mean they won't observe us scientifically just as we observe other lower life-forms on earth.

Because we're so much lower doesn't mean we won't get a chance to see signs of other advanced alien civilizations. Just as how a mouse might see a human, we might see aliens. However, what we can do with that information is probably every bit as limited as it's with the mouse.

I think the reasons people on earth look at things as though humans have an importance is because they want to believe there's more to life than just living and reproducing and dying. It's why 90% of people believe in God. They want to think there's a larger purpose than just the biological one.

Lets take a step back and be honest. This life ain't that great. If we were significantly more advanced, we'd probably outlaw natural evolution and view today's world as wild. Just as we have outlawed rape and yet daily we can see animals raping each other in the zoos. Much of what goes on in the wild would be considered criminal if humans were doing it. Point is that when a person really digs deeply into the nature of our existence they see a lot of dirt and gloom and despair. Because we live in this present day world, we have become accustomed to it. Unless we dig too deeply, we're ok with it, as long as we follow the golden rule as it applies in this present day world. But in another 200 or 500 or 5000 years, it'll no longer be acceptable what we do today and our values and rules will change. Bottom line, nature is not rainbows and butterflies, it's a lot of murder, rape, disease, death and terrible disasters. It'll always be that way, no matter how advanced we're. It's just existence.

To my present day mind the highest order of "godhood" is to look at a lower life-form and to see some of myself. If I can cuddle, I will. I know there's not a lot I can say that they'll understand just as if I met an angel there's very little I would be able to grasp. But we can both understand simple basic actions that're non-aggressive. If the angel is non-aggressive and seems friendly, that's as much as I will ever need to know. And repeated contacts seem to highlight that it's a spiritual connection being sought. Much in this world cannot offer me the same connection as when I "connect" this way. Broadly, reality is a struggle. We all go through it so long as we're alive. If I could push a button and have all our questions answered and all our misery removed, I would. But I cannot. All I can do is live my life and when the opportunity presents itself connect with something else that reminds me that we all share this common experience and so we're not alone in our trials.

I hold in the back of my mind the hope that all of this is just a play; a stage; an act; a tour de force; a masterpiece. Maybe when a amoeba or a bug or a bacterium or a mouse or a horse or a bird or a monkey or a human or a different earth life-form dies they "wake up" and realize they're a member of a mega advanced alien civilization that reached the limits of growth and now lives an eternity in an endless sequence of reincarnations sprinkled across ages of time and space forever. But of course it's just a miserable hope that there's more to this reality than the biological one. It's just me using the God part of my brain to give me an extra kick in my step. In all honesty, I think that there's nothing more than the biological reality and everything is as it seems. Evolution is the reigning champion. However, I still like to occasionally tickle my imagination and use the God part of my brain.
edit on 18-1-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

If we all contributed a bit and we regulated excesses and ensured that everyone was involved in government we could live a decent life and not need to slave. However, we'd have to make some compromises on that road. And along the way, there'd be factions that want to break off and swim into the outer reaches of what's known to hammer out their own life their own way.

But it's hard. We're so individualistic. We don't change easily. We're narrow minded. Selfish. There's no such thing as utopia. There IS a balance though! Finding the balance is the main goal.

There's a lot I don't like about today's world, but I also understand I'm only one person. A lot of what I think has to be thrown to the side and ignored if I want to create a balance. Since I am an individual, I will always have ignorance. Our society depends on all of us. But how far does it go? Do we become a colony of ants? Or do we become a chaotic country of warring tribes? There seems to be cliffs on all sides. The goal is to find the middle to give us some safety.

I'm split between wanting to support a NWO and not wanting us to be robotic slaves. On the other hand, the reverse is a world potentially torn by war and disagreement.

Sometimes I think our problem isn't disagreement but existence itself. But then again, I don't know. Again, I'm just an individual and I'm immersed in a ocean of ignorance.
edit on 18-1-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

hahaha, yes i love this answer, i've heard it before but i'm glad you said it. i thinks it is one of Einsteins theories that everything is the center of everything in relation to that one object.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join