It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If not made by intelligent extraterrestrials, what explains crop circles?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
What's the next best hypothesis?

Let's examine and eliminate all other possible explanations. I don't think there's anything more plausible than intelligent designs.

In my opinion, the next best guess is that it's ball lightning randomly creating arbitrary patterns, so it's a natural phenomenon, which DOES NOT explain the many complex, intricate designs. Some even have a message! A natural phenomenon would make sense if they all look like giant snowflakes. But most are anything but snowflakes

edit on 17-1-2013 by FormerSkeptic because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FormerSkeptic

People with alot of time on their hands, and LOTS of planning.......

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Again .. the lack of an answer leads us to leaping to conclusions.. conclusions that aren't backed by evidence either...

It's kind of a silly proposition.. if science can't prove it .. it must be God... can you prove God? .. no ... so you're in a bit of a dilemma .. Science can't explain it .. and you can't explain the being you attribute it to .. whether it be aliens OR god ...

Plausibility dictates that these are human creations.. and most of them do seem to be .. there's lots of groups out there who have websites ... who do this ... it's a type of awesome graffiti ..
edit on 1/17/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman

Difference is .. it doesn't take a lot of time... but it does take a little planning... but not even much .. if you have a 3d rendering software and you can model out these things in advance you can put it together pretty quick.. the next thing is just planning your moves.. you could plan it in a few hours and execute it in less... there's PLENTY of documentation on youtube to back that up... ( the short time it takes to execute )

My ultimate hypothesis is that this has been demonstrated in practical reality numerous times.. even on large scale.. in both crops.. sand and snow .. there's no evidence these are extra terrestrial .. and it's been proven to be possible by people on our planet... so the burden of proof is on those that still believe otherwise.. it's been turned into a commercial business for some and a status symbol for others... people have figured out how to do this down to a science.. quick and efficient.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
delete

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

If not made by intelligent extraterrestrials, what explains crop circles?,

ummm, can we start with intelligent and clever humans first?

Peace!! ID

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Yeah, that's what I think too! However..............some of them are really cool......and it does make you wonder how they did some of them in one night!

Peace!! ID

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItDepends

Peace!! ID

That is beautiful really ... it was obviously done by intelligent design ... and most likely .. a clever/intelligent human

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Peace!! ID

It doesn't take a lot of time, I've seen documentaries.. and I work in 3d design myself.. you can come up with complex patterns easily .. then it's just a matter of logistics.. and I've seen these people pull off complex mathematical designs in a short space of time.. you can go from start ( design ) to finish ( doing it ) .. in a few hours..

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I was watching Qi the other week ( A quiz show in England ) and it stated that one group was doing most of the crop circles in the UK, with wood and tape, Not trying to diminish your opinion or anything of sort and I didn't really have any ideas on how they were constructed before I watched Qi A few weeks ago, interesting to speculate though

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Difference is .. it doesn't take a lot of time... but it does take a little planning... but not even much .. if you have a 3d rendering software and you can model out these things in advance you can put it together pretty quick.. the next thing is just planning your moves.. you could plan it in a few hours and execute it in less... there's PLENTY of documentation on youtube to back that up... ( the short time it takes to execute )

My ultimate hypothesis is that this has been demonstrated in practical reality numerous times.. even on large scale.. in both crops.. sand and snow .. there's no evidence these are extra terrestrial .. and it's been proven to be possible by people on our planet... so the burden of proof is on those that still believe otherwise.. it's been turned into a commercial business for some and a status symbol for others... people have figured out how to do this down to a science.. quick and efficient.

Crop circles are something that I have recently been looking into. Although people have been caught on video making crop circles. There is something that allot of people don't take into account, and that is microwaves. Many crop circles contain traces of microwaves, and even contain small magnetic particles. Although it is possible for people to replicate, it is far more difficult.

As for a conclusion on the origin of crop circles, I haven't a clue, but I will say they are quite remarkable.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I believe that someone is systematically making all sorts of images in cereal crops!

It is the ONLY explanation.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Because there are no intelligent space hero's. Only dumb ass demons that managed to completely screw your head up. And read the guidelines for making a thread on ATS. You actually have to write something around here.
edit on 17-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I like this topic and I like Crop Circles.

It's hard to believe that the more complex and exact crop circles are created by 'pranksters'. In the dark, in a short period of time - don't think so. Also there are the 'Crop People' watching during the season.

ETs - why England (and yes I know they are in other places too and different media - ice, mud...)?

My current best hypothesis is that they arrise in areas with a high water table and 'conductive' soil from the collective subconscience speaking to (or trying to) our collective conscience.

What do you think?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The most puzzling thing about the crop circles is that none of the cells in the plants structure are broken as you would expect them to be if they had been bent over and forced down by some type of physical force.the plants cellular structures are perfectly intact as if the plants had grown flat like that. very strange.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Peace!! ID

It doesn't take a lot of time, I've seen documentaries.. and I work in 3d design myself.. you can come up with complex patterns easily .. then it's just a matter of logistics.. and I've seen these people pull off complex mathematical designs in a short space of time.. you can go from start ( design ) to finish ( doing it ) .. in a few hours..

Really?? I didn't know that......in fact, I saw show on Science Channel or Discovery or History Channel with four students from MIT, engineering students and they made a relatively simple design, and it literally took all night about 8 hours........
EDIT: Found reference

In 2002, Discovery Channel commissioned five aeronautics and astronautics graduate students from MIT to create crop circles of their own, aiming to duplicate some of the features claimed to distinguish "real" crop circles from the known fakes such as those created by Bower and Chorley. The creation of the circle was recorded and used in the Discovery Channel documentary Crop Circles: Mysteries in the Fields.[30]

LINK Mentioning MIT Students

EDIT: Also found the YouTube video of the MIT students for anyone interested

Peace!! ID

edit on 17-1-2013 by ItDepends because: added salutation

edit on 17-1-2013 by ItDepends because: added youtube video

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I watched something on Netflix a couple months ago about a couple of guys who do them at night. They have been chased off and almost shot by the owners of the property. They said it was their art, and it was fun to play jokes on people. Look for it on Netflix...

They were however only two guys with some neat tools, they couldn't have created every crop circle that has existed. I'm sure there are more people playing tricks and/or looking to see their art on the tv though.

I believe it's possible that ET's have done a few for a specific purpose whatever that purpose is I dont know. Maybe it's not for us to know.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The top video has been debunked to death.

Since most are fake, let's at least have an example of a crop circle not made with stomping boards, two miles from the nearest building (the farmer's house) in young wheat, soon overgrown and not seen by many people.

Ogbourne, St. George, Wiltshire, June 2003

Maybe aliens, but it is at least theoretically possible to make crop circles with some unknown secret microwave weapon (if controlled by a good computer system and carried by some manmade hovering aircraft) and give the appearance of something made by aliens rather than hoaxers (with bent nodes instead of broken stalks, etc.).

edit on 17-1-2013 by xpoq47 because: Additional info

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
It's my opinion that a Government is making most of the elaborate crop circles with direct energy weapons in the form of a satellite that can emit high powered microwaves. I think what we are seeing is this weapon being calibrated and they are showing the precision of such a weapon by printing an image across the landscape. I did a thread awhile back that explains it better.

Are crop circles the product of Direct Energy Weapons being calibrated?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Normally I would say, the fact that we can replicate something, means just that. We can replicate it. But in this case, I have to go with Miniatus and others. There just isn't enough evidence to convict ET of the crime. Besides that, we lack a motive.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join