It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subway caught lying about their footlong

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Connecticut’s own Subway, the world’s largest fast food chain with 37,000 locations, is facing criticism after an Australian man posted a picture on the company’s Facebook page of one of its famous footlong sandwiches next to a tape measure that seems to shows it’s just 11 inches.

gma.yahoo.com...
I'm going to Subway tomarow to find out for myself!
edit on 17-1-2013 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

Mod Note: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 17/1/13 by davespanners because: Removed caps form title

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
They probably started taking off that extra inch last year to save money. Breads expensive, especially that fancy kind. Lol

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Damn, the amount of times I have been lied to about getting a foot long

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
I'm going to Subway tomarow to find out for myself!
edit on 17-1-2013 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

Yes, by all means do!! Who wants to get screwed out of an inch. You pay for 12 inches, you should get 12 inches..

Please let us know what your findings are. Maybe a picture with a tape measure would help.

Peace!! ID

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
That's what she said!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
For all the times i claimed to have 12 inches and lied, i can't really give subway a hard time about it.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaedur

Yeah and subway is only lying by an INCH!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
It is cold outside

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Ha! Fancy bread?

An ingredient in thier bread??

Azodicarbonamide; Industrially used to make foam plastics...

Lol Subway is horrible. Not here to ruffle feathers about what you like to eat, but support a local sandwich shop, better for you and wayyy better tasting.

I'm like Joey from friends when it comes to Sammiches!

Peace (Also this is a great site for health suggestions)

Health Wyze's 2010 Worst restuarant of the year.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Oh My God!! I just had a six inch BLT Subway today! They asked me what vegetables I wanted on it. It was a BLT. How about lettuce and tomatoes? And it was REALLY GOOD, but NOW I discover I may have been CHEATED by a half inch!

Call the cops! Call the lawyers! Class action suit! In ten years Subway will have to pay out millions of dollars to lawyers and I'll get a certificate for another BLT in the mail!

I am SO angry that I've been CHEATED by a half inch. It has ruined my whole day! I'm going to file a claim for PTSD.
edit on 1/17/2013 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
who the hell is obese/wierd enough to measure a frikkin sandwich?
just eat it you fat freak.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikku
who the hell is obese/wierd enough to measure a frikkin sandwich?
just eat it you fat freak.

LMFA
!!!

Peace!! ID

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

point is true.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Isn't Australia on the metric system? Should anyone from there be measuring in feet (or inches as it were)? And the tape measure itself - was it made in Australia or China? How accurate is it?

When they bake the bread in the U.S., I'm sure they just eyeball it and so sometimes they're going to get 12 inches and sometimes 11.5 and sometimes 12.5 etc. When someone on the metric system is baking and eyeballing, I'm not sure what they're going to get.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Oh My God!! I just had a six inch BLT Subway today! They asked me what vegetables I wanted on it. It was a BLT. How about lettuce and tomatoes? And it was REALLY GOOD, but NOW I discover I may have been CHEATED by a half inch!

Call the cops! Call the lawyers! Class action suit! In ten years Subway will have to pay out millions of dollars to lawyers and I'll get a certificate for another BLT in the mail!

I am SO angry that I've been CHEATED by a half inch. It has ruined my whole day! I'm going to file a claim for PTSD.
edit on 1/17/2013 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

Yeaaaah, now I'm gettin' pi$$ed. Those b
stards are screwing people. You lost a 1/2 inch, that's like rubbing it in your face, I mean 6 inches is suppose to be 6 inches......hate to say this, but you got screwed.

Peace!! ID

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Apparently Facebook is the megaphone of the people

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi
Isn't Australia on the metric system? Should anyone from there be measuring in feet (or inches as it were)? And the tape measure itself - was it made in Australia or China? How accurate is it?

When they bake the bread in the U.S., I'm sure they just eyeball it and so sometimes they're going to get 12 inches and sometimes 11.5 and sometimes 12.5 etc. When someone on the metric system is baking and eyeballing, I'm not sure what they're going to get.

Way to go! Tell Aussies how to measure things.! You should research 'Kangaroo Court"

Many tape measures in Aus are dual measurements but we get the choice when we go to buy them. Many tradies use both systems - why? Because all of our older buildings were built in the imperial system!

I have three tape measures, metric, imperial and dual.

P

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I agree with the OP. If you advertise 12 inches, then deliver 12 inches! Consider that saving an inch is not only an 8% saving in bread, it is an 8% saving on fillings as well.

Give an inch and they will take a foot!

What will it be next year? 10" Is that OK

Would you accept 9"

It all starts at an inch!

8% is one hell of a saving on all the supplies.

P

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
It honestly, to me, looks like some one cut it sideways, and when doing so it squished a inch, omg!

But yeah, if it was like every sub was short, that one less inch of satisfaction. Who wouldn't be upset...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
for shame subway, FOR SHAME!! Next time I'm bringing my ruler with me and measuring out in front of them. I'm going to have a fet!

Here's something even more despicable. One time I walked into Subway with my horse head mask on, AND THEY DIDN'T HAVE ANY HAY! Discriminating bastahds!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join