It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Customer service. And why many can't stand it!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

It stood out to me like a sore thumb, methinks perhaps its actually ME who's been spending a lot of time here

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by slapjacks

I have been on both sides of customer service and neither is fun. I always hated it when someone started the conversation with......you are going to give me............really since I don't own the company I do not think I can "give" you anything. If you calm down and tell me what the problem is maybe I can help you...........no using profanity is not going to get your point across to me any quicker. Telling me that you know I can do something is really not going to get you anything either. What will get you somewhere with me is staying calm and telling me what the problem is without using profanity and listening to me when I ask you a question so that I can figure what is going on and I can then help you.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Customer service is dead. The current generation just doesn't get it, I see employees doing such appalling things all of the time.

...and don't get me started on automated phone systems. They are all useless, don't save any time, and instantly put me in a pissy mood.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
Did the guy at least speak English? The customer no service people I get don't!

edit on 17-1-2013 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

He spoke English but it obviously wasn't his first language

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteWitch2002
reply to post by slapjacks

I have been on both sides of customer service and neither is fun. I always hated it when someone started the conversation with......you are going to give me............really since I don't own the company I do not think I can "give" you anything. If you calm down and tell me what the problem is maybe I can help you...........no using profanity is not going to get your point across to me any quicker. Telling me that you know I can do something is really not going to get you anything either. What will get you somewhere with me is staying calm and telling me what the problem is without using profanity and listening to me when I ask you a question so that I can figure what is going on and I can then help you.

I have more respect than that.. sometimes.. the guy was doing his job just like everyone else. the fact of the matter is: don't put someone in a position where the predominant language is English, when the person can hardly speak it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join