It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Confiscation Bill Introduced in Congress

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
It really is amazing that so many people are freaking clueless.

Those who give up their weapons are not and have never been a threat from those who know US history confiscation is nothing new FDR did it for gold.

I don't look at it as I would be "giving" up anything. When I read this the first thing that came to mind was the old saying "A fool and his money are soon parted".
When I can turn in a $300 rifle and receive $2000 in return it doesn't take a mathematician to tell me it's a good deal.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

Those who give up their weapons are not and have never been a threat from those who know US history confiscation is nothing new FDR did it for gold.

I don't look at it as I would be "giving" up anything. When I read this the first thing that came to mind was the old saying "A fool and his money are soon parted".
When I can turn in a $300 rifle and receive $2000 in return it doesn't take a mathematician to tell me it's a good deal.

Well, like MrTranny said on another thread, if this passes, good luck finding even a Hi-Point carbine for less than a grand....Why would someone sell it for $300 if they can get as much as you can from the IRS?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

I don't look at it as I would be "giving" up anything. When I read this the first thing that came to mind was the old saying "A fool and his money are soon parted". When I can turn in a $300 rifle and receive $2000 in return it doesn't take a mathematician to tell me it's a good deal.

Right just pay no never mind to the fact this nation is 16 trillion dollars in debt and the money they use comes from us.

Good deal eh a fool and his rights are soon parted for that "free" money.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt

Originally posted by SpaDe_

Well, like MrTranny said on another thread, if this passes, good luck finding even a Hi-Point carbine for less than a grand....Why would someone sell it for $300 if they can get as much as you can from the IRS?

Now this I could see as a problem just like when the government did the tax program to turn in gas guzzling used cars. After that happened there was no good used vehicles on the market for quite some time. This was a problem for people who couldn't afford new cars or a lease.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

Originally posted by six67seven
if you read the OP its obviously a credit program

A credit program is the opposite of confiscation:

confiscate
v confiscate [ˈkonfiskeit]

to seize or take (something) away

Which brings me back to the title of this thread as knowingly false, misleading, and inaccurate.

the title is not my title, its the title of the article at infowars
get over it please thanks

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Reduce mayhem? As a public benefit?

Yes. do have a cogent argument otherwise?

What do you think the Feds are doing to the public? With their ridiculous ideas, bills and executive actions, claiming that "assault weapons" in the hands of law abiding, tax-paying citizens are in any way, shape or form, the cause of "mayhem"???

Having a semi-auto-rifle with a massive magazine makes it a lot easier to shoot a lot of rounds very quickly compared to, say, a single shot bolt action rifle, or even a 5-round mag bolt action rifle.

If you do nto want to see that then there is nothnig I can do to help you sorry.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Under this bill i would get nothing.
I live on a untaxed veterans pension and do not have outside income.

plus this is for the gun only and does not cover the other equipment that fits the gun and becomes unusable with out the gun. and is valued about equal to the gun its self. Mags, tools and spare parts

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Jesus Christ they are ramming these bills down faster than a F*ng gerbal down a swamp hole

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
Why are people so scared to stand up for themselves? I need a handgun to protect myself from criminals. I need a rifle to hunt game. I need an Assualt rifle to defend my rights during revolution, and, which won't happen, a foreign invasion.

Each weapon type is needed for certain circumstances. Assault weapons are man killers, and FMJ is needed to penetrate personal body armor. We have to be able to compete with what the government will field.

edit on 17-1-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

And, repeat after me, governments HATE competition!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

Is the calico really a POS? I have always wondered about them. They obviously caught my attention with that ingenious loading mechanism they came out with.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Go ahead take my AK, I feel I'd be far more effective from 700 meters.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I'm gonna let my imagination run wild here....(again)

226, Radium or Ra. The means to rid of a cancer (you know, us, the cancer upon the earth) or Ra...that Egyptian Sun God guy Horus, Atum,

hmm 226 years ago this year (2013) the US Consitution was signed in 1787.

226 is the Hebrew number for Hebrew word אוֹת, or ot, meaning: sign, omen, mark (put upon Cain).

edit on 18-1-2013 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Reduce mayhem? As a public benefit?

Yes. do have a cogent argument otherwise?

What do you think the Feds are doing to the public? With their ridiculous ideas, bills and executive actions, claiming that "assault weapons" in the hands of law abiding, tax-paying citizens are in any way, shape or form, the cause of "mayhem"???

Having a semi-auto-rifle with a massive magazine makes it a lot easier to shoot a lot of rounds very quickly compared to, say, a single shot bolt action rifle, or even a 5-round mag bolt action rifle.

If you do nto want to see that then there is nothnig I can do to help you sorry.

Here's your REAL public benefit...

Why do some feel that it is OK for LEOs and the military to possess or have access to certain types of weapons, but can't seem to apply their own logic to the average citizen?

Is it the training? Is it the oath? Is it the heirarchy involved, or the level of organization? The uniform? Why can a cop or soldier have a fully automatic M-16 in the trunk of their patrol car or HMMWV, but for the average citizen, it must be unacceptable?

I'm curious why some see the military and law enforcement in a different light than any other Patriot?

Picture this...If you were charged with protecting the citizens of a particular area, and were trained and armed and paid, to do so, would you feel slighted, if your bosses, suddenly fired or relieved of duty, 80% of your co-workers?

Now, apply this across the board. The police and the military, MUST have some notion that a law-abiding gun owner, is not just a benefit to their ability to perform their jobs, but a necessity! How many times have the cops been pulling their hair out, trying to reduce crime, only to have the bad guys, slip away into the night? Now, how refreshing must it be, for those same cops, to see a civilian stop a threat, or assist in the apprehension of a wanted felon? If we are disarmed, won't the streets be MORE dangerous for law enforcement???

Now, what if the US was invaded? I know, far fetched, but indulge me...Would our military feel better knowing that the average American would stand by their side in defense of our Country? How would they feel if 100,000,000 potential soldiers were relieved of the ability to assist them?

Please tell me what you think.....

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
For what it is worth, I know an APD officer (his wife works for me). I asked her what he thinks about all this, and he is PISSED. He is 100% for the second amendment and citizens' right to carry. I am sure he is not alone in his opinion among his fellow officers.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
For what it is worth, I know an APD officer (his wife works for me). I asked her what he thinks about all this, and he is PISSED. He is 100% for the second amendment and citizens' right to carry. I am sure he is not alone in his opinion among his fellow officers.

He is NOT alone....In the course of my career, selling guns, I became friends with the majority of law enforcement in my town and county. 9 out of 10 cops have NO PROBLEM with guns. They DO have a problem with criminals. And, they have a bigger problem with criminals with guns! But, that is because they are criminals!

It's completely about the mindset of the person with the weapon and NOT about the weapon itself!

Now, if only our elected officials, could get that through their sand-filled ears...

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
Why are people so scared to stand up for themselves? I need a handgun to protect myself from criminals. I need a rifle to hunt game. I need an Assualt rifle to defend my rights during revolution, and, which won't happen, a foreign invasion.

Each weapon type is needed for certain circumstances. Assault weapons are man killers, and FMJ is needed to penetrate personal body armor. We have to be able to compete with what the government will field.

edit on 17-1-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

You NEED guns just like the Civil war and the NEED for Slavery??

right now americans are ADDICTED to GUNS, the same way we were ADDICTED to SLAVERY.
Does this sound familiar? You will NOT take our SLAVES!!! Same as "You will NOT take our GUNS."

When will everyone realize that guns are not right. Do you believe in Jesus or Buddha, etc? If so, would they carry guns or weapons?? Would they fight and KILL for protection?? NO. Honestly Nobody's life is worth more than another person's life. We are all equal. No matter how bad or messed up, or criminal you are, we are all the same. No one deserves to die. Everyone needs help, and some need help more than others.

That person that tries to rob you. Perhaps they are poor and hungry and that's all they know (Go see the movie Les Miserables, and about forgiveness with the criminal Jean Valjean). Perhaps they need whatever they stole from you, more than how much you do. Perhaps you give it to them, and ask if they need more.

Guns only begat more violence. All it takes is for someone with an anger problem to then feel that they can take another's life, and then they can do it easily.

We as americans are addicted to POWER. Having a gun provides a false sense of POWER. Which means those who own guns are WEAK. You can't solve your problems with words, or your hands, that you must take a weapon. WEAK. We as americans are FEARFUL. Why are you so scared of your fellow man, that you need to own a killing machine? Do you need to own NUKES as well? for proection? At what point, do you stop being SCARED, and face the truth of reality, and help your fellow human.

We all need help. We must all choose NOT to be SCARED. Be strong, without a weapon. Help those that transgress against you. Solve your problems with your fellow man. Stop trying to be BETTER than anyone else. We are all the same.

Just like Slavery was WRONG. Gun ownership is wrong as well. Yes in the 1600's and 1700's and 1800's, slavery was OK, and so was guns. Because we hadn't EVOLVED far enough consciously yet. Hopefully by now, in the year 2013, we will WAKE UP and expand our consciousness to know that slavery is bad, as well as having an easy killling machine such as a gun is wrong. Not one life should be taken no matter how bad they are. enlighten one another, and realize you are only as strong as your weakest link. Think about the homeless and the less fortunate than your self.

A good man with a fist may kill one or two before being tackled. A good man with a knife may cause a lot of blood but maybe only 2-3 people before he gets tackled. however a good man with a gun can kill 20 people in a less than a minute. Does that seem right to you? What are you scared of? FACE YOUR FEAR. head on.

When the POWER of LOVE, overcomes the love of power, the WORLD will know PEACE.

An Eye for an Eye, leaves everyone Blind.

You don't fight hatred with more hatred, you fight it with Love. You don't fight FIRE with FIRE, you fight it with WATER.

ponder on those thoughts.

namaste.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Something politicians and pundits, and hollywood screen writers portray that leaves out pyshics there is that force called recoil that effect aim,accuracy.

Faster a person pulls a trigger the barrel rises which decreases accuracy gun owners clearly know their weapons better than pundits.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by uSNUUZuLUUz

Equating guns to drugs and slavery. TYPICAL lefty tactic. Compare guns to something bad, and people will think they are bad, too. Does that crap actually WORK with you people?? Are liberals THAT stupid??

Wow. Fantasyland right there.

Here's a challenge for you: Hold out your hands. Now grab a handful of POWER and LOVE with one hand, and grab a GUN with the other. Which one do you think is going to protect your life when some crazy person decides to kill you? How much ammo do you think you'll want to have when that happens? I'll answer that last question for you: AS MUCH AS YOU CAN GET.

edit on 18-1-2013 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Equating guns to drugs and slavery. TYPICAL lefty tactic. Compare guns to something bad, and people will think they are bad, too. Does that crap actually WORK with you people?? Are liberals THAT stupid??

Wow. Fantasyland right there.

Here's a challenge for you: Hold out your hands. Now grab a handful of POWER and LOVE with one hand, and grab a GUN with the other. Which one do you think is going to protect your life when some crazy person decides to kill you? How much ammo do you think you'll want to have when that happens? I'll answer that last question for you: AS MUCH AS YOU CAN GET.

my point exactly. You don't fight FIRE with FIRE. You fight it with the opposite, WATER.
The solution to guns and crime is NOT more guns and more crime. But with Peace and LOVE.

In addition to be addicted to GUNS, is the problem of property. In reality you do not own anything. Everything that is of the Earth, is for the Earth. Once someone defines OWNERSHIP, then one must PROTECT one's ownership, and that leads to violence, separtism, and guns.

Once you realize that you don't own anything, many conflicts go away. Imagine there were NO county boundries, NO land ownership. There would be nothing to fight for, as everything would be shared.

Live together or Die Alone.

Choose either to have your GUNS, and barracade yourself inside your own home, and be 1 vs everyone else.

OR choose to live as a community, with support of everyone around you.

If you choose Guns, you choose violence, and be SEPARATE, and that you must protect your property.

If you don't choose guns, you choose abundance, and equality.

Don't bring FEAR upon yourself. And we as a country need to get over our ADDICTION.
We slightly got over our addiction to Owning Slaves.. Now we need to get over our addiction to OWNING swift and easy killing machines such as guns. ...

Eventually we can get over our addiction to "property" and "owning".. and finally be a PEACE and at ONE with the world.

Just --> "IMAGINE"

Lyrics::

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Dude, I cordially invite you to go up to a wolverine with a heart full of love and peace, and try to put earrings on it.

Let me know how that works out for you.

Rather than sitting around imagining what the world MIGHT be like IF this and IF that, I actually live in the real one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join