It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did the shooter hear the first responders at Sandy Hook and casings in the parking lot?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
According to all reports, AL shot himself as he knew that law enforcement was closing in.
Now, if he is shooting a pistol or an AR-15, with ear plugs, how would he hear anything in a classroom while firing? Did he leave the school and encounter them since it seems that there were shell casings all over parking lot and a few cars were shot. It is in this article.

LInk to article

This is a nice quote

He fired about 150 rounds in all during the classroom-to-classroom spree and rapidly changed clips, sometimes after firing only half of the magazine's rounds. Privately, investigators wondered whether the reloading habit was influenced by the endless hours the quiet, withdrawn loner spent playing violent, first-person shooter video games, the Courant reported.

Nearly a month after the shooting, police were still finding bullets and casings scattered around the school, including some in the parking lot. Three staff members' cars, including one belonging to slain first-grade teacher Lauren Rousseau, were shot, leading investigators to wonder if Lanza opened fire on cops who responded to the shooting. No cop cars were hit and police who were there don't remember being shot at, the Courant said.

What or who was he shooting at in the parking lot? This was the first classroom he went into also, the one who's car was shot. There was also the report he was at the school the day before so why has this not been mentioned again. A new question seems to be who did he encounter in the parking lot since we know he was shooting there now. He would not have shot before he went in it would make no sense.

edit on 17-1-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

There's no way he could have shot up those cars without cops noticing it.. Had to happen before..

I can't make sense of it though.. Maybe he knew who drove which car and wanted to hurt them individually?
Or..

I don't know..

Did a witness make a run for it? Chased back out the door after the firing started?
edit on 1/17/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

If only this was the only thing that didn't make sense in this case, unfortunately, everything seems to keep adding up and making this event seem weirder and weirder. I don't buy the original story/ lone gunman theory... but investigation is still underway, so I can't make any absolutes on what I think really happened.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The story is now so obfuscated, by the media and the cops, that nobody will be able to make a lot of "sense"from it.
It looks to me, a lot like some sick psywar scenario......
The information, and the physical evidence is totally comromised now.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Compiling ncocting any sort of 'official timeline' or 'storyboard of events' from this fiasco will quite likely prove much akin to putting together a missing pieces puzzle with a blindfold on.

it's already well over a month and we are just now hearing of him having worn earplugs and such. :shk:

What's next? an after the fact, post-mortem, colonoscopy showing he had another firearm where the sun doesn't shine!!??
.. which he shot himself with after being handcuffed and hogtied by the principle or some such .

:shk::shk:

I can understand investigators wanting to keep certain 'card close to their chest', so to speak, but these aren't the type 'revelations' you should expect this far after or into an investigation.

next up ... he was wearing 'skittles socks' and only went off after urkel pushed him off the see-saw on the playground the day before.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
According to all reports, AL shot himself as he knew that law enforcement was closing in.
Now, if he is shooting a pistol or an AR-15, with ear plugs, how would he hear anything in a classroom while firing?

Using the act of thinking, there is nothing that states that he used his ears to detect if the police was coming.
Normally people who do these kinds of things kill themselves before they can get arrested. With that in mind, he killed himself before it was too late.

What or who was he shooting at in the parking lot?

If it wasn't the police, then quite possibly someone / a group of people who fled the scene?

There was also the report he was at the school the day before so why has this not been mentioned again.

Why should it be? Not everyone are obsessed with every detail of the killer's activities. Or it could have been a rumor that couldn't be verified. It's easy for the media to hear people claiming that "they saw a suspicious looking guy lurking about the day before". If anything, it's interesting for the police. The media is not the police. Nor are you.

A new question seems to be who did he encounter in the parking lot since we know he was shooting there now.

A good guess would be: More people he wanted to kill?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Good one..But, so true.

I think ATS new reporters should go down to Sandy Hook and investigate the shooting. I believe that's the only way we are going to see any type of truth to this story. I wouldn't trust the news media as far as I could throw them.

edit on 17-1-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSparrowSings
If only this was the only thing that didn't make sense in this case, unfortunately, everything seems to keep adding up and making this event seem weirder and weirder.

Could it be because you are not an investigator, reading news articles about it on the Internet and speculating with other people in the same position?

I don't buy the original story/ lone gunman theory... .

Maybe this is one of the reasons why things are complicated for you? Trying to find something that isn't there? And that without being an investigator but by reading news articles?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I love when people try to make sense of a nonsensical act. The last reports stated that he shot the cars before going into the school and that two of the shot cars belonged to two administrators shot in the school. The cops have all stated that they were never fired at.

You can't use the argument that he wouldn't have shot the cars before going inside because "it doesn't make sense". Shooting 6 year olds makes no sense either. That's the problem with mentally ill people-- they are unable to think rationally like a non-mentally ill person would unless medication is able to counter act the mental illness -- which obviously it didn't in this particular case.

My guess would be that he had a specific hit list. They had said he scoped out the school prior. He more than likely knew who he was targeting, scoped out the lot at dismissal and/or before school, and easily enough in such a small school found out who drove what. Angry girlfriends often take their aggression out on their ex's vehicles -- why is it hard to believe Lanza could have done the same?

One thing is certain-- this story is so messed up even if the real truth were to come to light, I am not sure anybody would believe it. How many times can reports say "oops" before they lose credibility, at least with this story, entirely?

Lastly, they said that he saw a cop come into the building, ducked into a classroom, and shot himself. The cop never had a chance to fire. I don't think he did hear them, he saw them.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
It does not make sense to shoot before you were to attack someplace where it seemed he wanted to cause massive casualties. He planned this. Nothing seems spur of the moment.

edit on 17-1-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

You don't know when he shot [towards] the cars or why.
That doesn't make it a conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The reasoning for the ear plugs is lame. 1) he won't care about going deaf, and 2) if he wants to kill children, he probably won't care about them screaming.

Maybe it was an ear piece of some sort, maybe to implant mind control music into his head. That makes more sense to me than ear plugs.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

police who were there don't remember being shot at, the Courant said.

Are you kidding me. They DON'T REMEMBER if someone was shooting at them.

What else don't they remember? Does that mean they just guess about what they report as fact?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
OMG are you kidding me??

Nearly a month after the shooting, police were still finding bullets and casings scattered around the school, including some in the parking lot.

What?? The state police turned the scene back over to Newtown because they were done with their part. Really? What happened to every shell will be collected and analyzed no stone unturned yada yada.......

No cop cars were hit and police who were there don't remember being shot at, the Courant said.

They don't remember? I seem to remember hearing one officer say on the radio something about there might be a shooter on the roof.

Also here is another article same topic.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SMOKINGGUN2012

Top notch crime scene investigation. Lucky there is no defendant.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Nevertheless

I read all the news articles, and I would stop questioning, if the mainstream media wasn't so contradictory and full of BS. Its called thinking out the box they set things in. Their is nothing wrong with questioning the official story. History has shown us many times that there is far more to events than meet the eye. I also think that with one month already passed the investigation should be well underway and we shouldn't still be wondering what weapons where actually used to kill.....
edit on 18/1/2013 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

edit on 18/1/2013 by TheSparrowSings because: re type thought

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
It is coming out that he shot the cars before going in. He shot the car of the teacher whos classroom he went to first. Then there is the argument a few days before. Someone in the town is tied in someway, if not directly but indirectly and maybe since it is a small town maybe it is quieter than usual. There are also 2 cars which means he drove places.

So back to the earplugs. Was this because there was a certain person he wanted to kill and did not want to hear them? Protection. He is shooting children. Don't go for the it was habit because he went shooting with his mom. The fact he was reloading before empty also shows calculation. Crazy would be spray and pray. He was not crazy. He knew what he was doing.

To me, this makes it more personal than random. Could the story of him passing the high school contrived also. The conspiracy is the motive and if he planned this alone. He acted alone in my mind. No 2 shooters. I was just wondering if he at one time go back to his car (did a gun jam) which is why they found the other gun in the car. We won't know for a bit but it is too long to not release something other than this....

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSparrowSings

I read all the news articles, and I would stop questioning, if the mainstream media wasn't so contradictory and full of BS.

This seems to be the source of the problem and conspiracy theories.
You should realize that the media only reports what is being said. The media was NOT present at the time of the shooting. A lot of reports, especially in the beginning, can be inaccurate because the media is desperately trying to find out what is going on, thus incorrect claims creep in.

If you regard these claims (of which some are true, some are not) as facts, then of course things do not add up. That does not mean there is a conspiracy.
Second, you are not an investigator so you do not have first hand access to the evidence and witnesses, so trying to build up what has happened will most likely fail. Well, it won't fail if you make it into a conspiracy theory, of course, because then anything could be true.

Its called thinking out the box they set things in. Their is nothing wrong with questioning the official story.

Again, please understand that there is no "official story". What is official is that the guy shot a lot of kids. Exactly why and how will be presented when those responsible for the investigation have finished.

History has shown us many times that there is far more to events than meet the eye.

Yes, but perhaps less times than you would probably claim.

I also think that with one month already passed the investigation should be well underway and we shouldn't still be wondering what weapons where actually used to kill.....

Quite frankly the investigators' job is to investigate until they're done, their job is not to inform TheSparrowSings of which gun killed whom as soon as they feel like they've figured it out. This cannot sound unreasonable to you?
Try to enjoy your life while waiting for the "official story" (that yet doesn't exist) and hope that no other madman will kill you before you get hold of it.

And after you've read it, don't compare it to random news articles. Contact the witnesses first hand if something's unclear to you and you really feel like there is a conspiracy.

There is not a single thing that point towards a conspiracy, yet you're obsessively on about it around here?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I really don't understand this as a conspiracy.

The news media are going to report anything they hear. Right or wrong. So you have to expect conflicting or unbelievable facts to be bandied about.

What's the big deal with ear plugs? Have you ever shot in a confined space? It's worst with the halls being made of concrete block. It HURTS! Not just ringing in the ears but painfull. Especially 150+ rounds. Go down to your local indoor gun range. Stand inside for a couple of minutes. If you can.

Quit looking for a psy op under every text book. This guy was crazy not mentally ill but crazy. You can't expect rational answers in cases involving crazy people.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Sure, I will wait for the investigators to finish their job and then come forwards and tell us absolutely nothing. They likely won't be able to tie up the loose ends. I also think you are confused in believing that I think this whole thing is a conspiracy. I don't. It would just be nice for some official people to come out and say 'Oh, btw, these things that where reported on day one are false and here is the reason why." (ei: person running away in the woods, people be said as dead but giving statement, medical examiners claiming that the rifle was the gun used in the massacre but no rifle was ever found inside as it is reported as today) I will look back to this thread once the investigation is complete and hope you will come and help me "understand" that what investigators say is fact and all other inconsistencies case are irrelevant.

I will agree with you on one point, we shouldn't be talking about the event until the investigation is over. That is why, in Canada, media is not to report on anything until the investigation is completed.

But I will never, regardless of what they say in the end, believe that a 20 year old Autistic kid (socially isolated) would go on a massacre because he liked to play video games and had "mental problems". In my opinion (and YES, that is ALL THIS IS, opinion) he doesn't fit the portrait of a mass murderer.

(PS - This is a conspiracy site, I see you only joined in December, people are generally going to think that things are weird or a cover-up... its what the site is used for.)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join