It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radioactive Sleet/Snow Fall: Arkansas ??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny
With that short of half life, I would say It’s just normal radon fallout. Or radon decay products so to speak.

The prevailing wind was probably bringing high radon content air from north west of you. When it hit the precipitation, it scrubbed the radon decay products out of the air, and deposited them in the precipitation.

Some of the highest radon levels in the nation are to the north west of you so the cold air coming down and hitting the warm air is most likely bringing those natural decay products with them.

In most of the country you will get a radon induced radiation spike when it rains. It caused a lot of false alarms in the military in the early years of the nuclear industry until they figured out what was causing it, and finally figured out it was caused by natural processes that have been going on since before humans existed.

Good post

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I live in Ward, Ar just on the Lonoke/ White county line. The storm that brought the precipitation came up from the southwest. It followed I-30 up from texas.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by radpetey

That is why normal professional nuke monitoring sites don’t pay attention to alpha or beta radiation. The radiation that normally comes from radon decay products. They do it to avoid radon induced false alarms. They only pay attention to gamma and higher energy particles which normally result from man made nuclear related programs.

I have seen some amateur radiation monitoring sites use a beta sensitive probe, and they always get spikes during rain events and it makes people freak out for no reason once in a while.

Originally posted by digginforthetruth
I live in Ward, Ar just on the Lonoke/ White county line. The storm that brought the precipitation came up from the southwest. It followed I-30 up from texas.

The moisture that was deposited came from the south, but the cold air that hit that warm front to condense it and generate the hail came from the north, north west. That is the air that most likely had the radon decay products in it. It takes two clashing fronts (hot and cold) to produce precipitation.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by slapjacks
Wasn't there something not to long ago about Birds dying in Arkansas? Or was that debunked by chemtrails? correct me if i'm wrong.. This seems to play a corresponding role.

Found the most recent bird death's report.

January 2, 2013 in TN. The other two were from AR.

www.foxcrawl.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I always understood that snow was just slightly more radioactive than background. Just like cinder blocks. It's a bit more, but not enough to do any real damage.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

Great information.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
About that story of birds dying.
That was in Beebee,AK and it's what prompted me to join ATS.

Last January,a chill was sent up my spine on news that there had been a massive bird die off in Beebe,Arkansas. Could this be the beginning of the end of the world? That was my thinking at the time. I searched frantically for an answer for a month. Then,I came across ATS. I immediately signed up,logged on,and was swept away with all the info here. My original reason for my search for the truth was quickly directed to the many things posted here,and so,I forgot about it. So,now,I feel I have come full circle,and I want to further research the origins of the "light bulb" going off in my head.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Awesome. Now I get to fear letting my child play in what little snow we've gotten this year. I can't help but feel humanity screwed the pooch on this one, somehow. IDK if it was purposefully or accidentally, but I'm sure it's somehow related to human activity.

ETA: reading through the replies and some of the theories given, I was wondering about the sinkhole theory. Louisiana seems kinda far to not have reported issues like this between White co. and the sinkhole(could be wrong here, not knowledgeable in this area). If sink holes can do that, maybe they are forming their own in the area. I know that southern MO and northern AR are prone to that.
Fukushima could be a very likely culprit too.
What would help either theory is if someone could put a map together of places with higher than normal readings. I can't just be that one area if it's being carried in snow.
edit on 17-1-2013 by PutAQuarterIn because: add

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Just FYI, the debris burning from Fukushima is scheduled to last until at least April, 2014.

And yes, the radiation can go up into the upper atmosphere and take a long time to rain down.

There has also been unexplained high readings in the upper Michigan peninsula, ever since that strange bit of explosions and military activity up there last summer.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I caught this on 1/11/2013, and if you watch it close a strange purple smoke is bellowing off it several times as it passes in low earth orbit. Some say it is the sun but i do have my doubts, I leave it up to you to decide, here is the link: www.youtube.com... We are aprox 150 miles from Memphis Tn.
edit on 18-1-2013 by candlelight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Memphis is aprox. 20 degrees WSW of my location, and this is the direction of my camera.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I found this information also, the bombs setoff in Japan had this look about them, ... atomic weapon against Hiroshima, Japan. This atomic bomb, ... a bubbling mass of purple-gray smoke and you could see it had a red core . Now what would it look like from outter space??? My father keyed me to the stories of this, that he heard the smoke from the bombs was a purple in color, and this is because they used purple granite in the construction of them.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
All just a theory, but it seems like this is all anyone has at this point. So I did the research to see and came up with this.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
When I was a kid, a truism sort of like not eating yellow snow was that you never ate or made snow ice cream out of the first few inches of snowfall, because the first few inches of snow was likely to be full of airborne radionucleides.

Grant you, my childhood was a bit atypical so this may not match the sorts of things your parents warned you about, but it's true, the first few inches of snow are often full of whatever's floating around, after that it's safe to eat.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Like I said, everyone has their theories, but the truth is what we seek, maybe someone will tell us what is truly going on.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
As it is now disinformatiom seems to be the rule of thumb, and they think we are going to buy it, well as the sightings grow this will not fly, answers are needed and then maybe we can all put our heads together to figure out how to fix the problem.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by candlelight
I caught this on 1/11/2013, and if you watch it close a strange purple smoke is bellowing off it several times as it passes in low earth orbit. Some say it is the sun but i do have my doubts, I leave it up to you to decide, here is the link: www.youtube.com... We are aprox 150 miles from Memphis Tn.

Is there a video of what you are mentioning?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
When I was a kid, a truism sort of like not eating yellow snow was that you never ate or made snow ice cream out of the first few inches of snowfall, because the first few inches of snow was likely to be full of airborne radionucleides.

Grant you, my childhood was a bit atypical so this may not match the sorts of things your parents warned you about, but it's true, the first few inches of snow are often full of whatever's floating around, after that it's safe to eat.

Just brought back some memories from my childhood

My parents told me the same thing. Those were the good old days.

I would dare make ice cream out of snow now. No matter how many inches fell.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by digginforthetruth

And isn't that the low pressure came out of Mexico and that probably means it had Pacific.moisture and some from the Gulf of Mexico..

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join