It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: 7-Year-Old Brought Loaded Gun To School In Queens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Hi all

wow this is getting crazy... A seven year old brings loaded gun to school.. And in New York...

update .. A gun was found in the bookbag of a second grade student. A lockdown was called at the PS 215Q campus by school officials

this is still devolping so no info yet...

newyork.cbslocal.com...

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – A 7-year-old child is under investigation after bringing a loaded gun to a school in Queens, police said.

The incident happened Thursday at P.S. 215 in Far Rockaway. Police said the child brought a loaded .22 caliber gun to school.

No other details are known at this time.

Stay with CBSNewYork.com as this continues to develop.

t

edit on 17-1-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
But American kids need armed protection. What better way to cater than to let them carry their own. after all, they're citizens too.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
So how many laws were broken?

I guess we just a couple more laws then we'll all be safe.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Early education. Early education. Early education.

Little kids back in 1800s probably didn't bring loaded guns to school, but they all knew how to properly use them. Now we glorify guns in video games. I'm not saying they create mass murderers or anything, but they certainly take the level of danger out of guns for many kids who see them as a toy or fun. We need to get back to the basics here.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Well especially in Queens, I'm not surprised this child brought gun. Those schools are dangerous for some kids. That area is especially rough.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I think the point would be that the kid got a hold of a parents weapon and took it to school, highlighting some of the issues trying to be addressed with training proposals.

What idiot parent leaves a loaded gun anywhere a child could get access to it... without them even noticing...

See? That's an argument for both sides.

The gun was probably purchased legally, so gun laws wouldn't have stopped it
Clearly the person who owned the firearm was not maintaining it in a responsible manner.

Now, how on earth would anyone have stopped that? gun laws? Maybe, maybe a mandatory gun safety and responsibility course might have clued the parent in.

Who knows, maybe the kid is trained at 7 to handle a weapon, that's beside the point. This right here is how school shootings happen, and something needs to be done to at least work towards solving it. One angle of that would be making it harder for guns to end up in the hands of a child like that.

Thank goodness no one was harmed, and hopefully the kid won't be scared for life over this.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Hopefully the kid won't be scarred for life? Say what? From the gun or the bullies?

The kid brought the gun to the school for a reason.

He was probably afraid of the bullies.

He won't be scarred for life from the gun, he's going to be scarred everyday from the people who attend there.

I place any bets on it.

If your going to try to use the theory protection from a gunman entering the school, I highly doubt it.
edit on 17-1-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Its sad, but not new here

This happens a few times a year here, just like when young kids bring weed, or coc aine

Still very sad

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Call me crazy but I just think this gonna end up being someones stupid protest to these gun control laws.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I am thinking that perhaps this little boy's reason for bringing the gun to school..was not to hurt anyone...but to protect himself and his friends.

Really...I think we all know his parents are in big trouble.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Hmmmmm......I wonder if the DHS is going to step in and charge the little kid with domestic terrorism? A few years ago the kid would have been suspended from school for a few days and probably receive some sort of punishment at home, but nowadays it wouldn't surprise me if this child were charged with a felony.

new topics

top topics

join