It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Will Take The Fed Seven Years To Deliver 300 Tons Of German Gold

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
yeah i see your point, if i did the math right it equals about 21,900 gold bars.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
well, it was their gold to begin with.

how they acquired it will go down in history as one of the most brutal and evil horrors to happen to mankind.

listen to the vets. look at their eyes. look into their eyes.

that is a world without God's protection.

the next one we will not survive.

prep all you want, you will not survive.

choose peace. and love. and mercy. and God will choose those things for you and for all of us.

edit on 17-1-2013 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
Perhaps it helps to read the actual release from Bundesbank.

To this end, the Bundesbank is planning a phased relocation of 300 tonnes of gold from New York to Frankfurt as well as an additional 374 tonnes from Paris to Frankfurt by 2020.

They are planning a phased relocation of a total of 674 tonnes of gold. You don't just move 674 tonnes of anything. It takes time, it needs to be secure before, during and after shipping. You need to do it with as little public notice as possible. You need to ensure, during various checkpoints, that the gold is still there. You need to ensure that the vault that will hold all this gold is built to the proper standards, can house that much gold etc.

Then, upon arrival, it needs to be catalogued and stored. You don't just dropship 674 tonnes of gold and then tell the crew to pack it away.

Does this mean that the fine folks here in NYC don't have the gold? No. Not at all. Do they? who knows but the 7 year plan is nothing more than the time frame the germans have set up.

zerohedge is a great site. It's informative as hell but it's also a hell of a doom and gloom site. They're conjuring a story out of nothing.

Keep drinking the Koolaid dude.

It was only three months ago when Germany were happy to have only 150 tons repratriated from the Fed. Now they want all of their gold from France and 300 tons from the Fed.

Bundesbank: "We want our gold."

Bernanke: "We don't have it, all of your gold has been sold into the open market to suppress the price of gold and keep the financial system afloat."

Bundesbank: "How long will it take you to recover our gold from the open market?"

Bernanke: "We can get you about 45 tons a year. We can only do it very slowly, we don't want the price of gold to escalate too fast."

Bundesbank: "Okay. We will tell the public that we are doing a transfer of 300 tons over 7 years and we are happy for you to hold the remainder of our reserves."

Bernanke: "But we don't have the remainder of your reserves."

Bundesbank: "That's okay. The public does not need to know. At least they can see that we are taking some action to verify our gold reserves."

Bernanke: "Good."

edit on 17-1-2013 by ConspiracyNutjob because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I am starting to think that possibly China and North Korea are planning to invade the US. This would explain why the US government is building new bunker (www.sodahead.com...). This would also explain why Germany is taking back their gold as they would not want the gold to be stolen during an invasion.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
So does this give some credibility to the rumors that the government is behind most of the cash for gold buy back schemes? Funny how most of the cash for gold programs became popular right around the end of 2008.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ted4d

Seems like it's that time of the month for you mate, here here..

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
If the Fed does not have the Gold they will have to go on the open market & buy it - which in turn would increase the spot price of Gold. Supply/demand my guess it would be a shock to the paper markets - the Feds buying all that physical at once could sky rocket the spot price would in turn be detrimental to the paper markets hence the 7 year delay so it doesn't happen all at once.

edit on 17-1-2013 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Originally posted by randomname
well, it was their gold to begin with.
how they acquired it will go down in history as one of the most brutal and evil horrors to happen to mankind.

Would you mind to elaborate?

Is producing actual value and running sound budget policies now considered "evil" in the U.S.?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by olliemc84

Originally posted by ted4d
It won't take 7 years, and furthermore, there is no legitimate reason to make a posting saying so. So why do it?

edit- and finding a rubbish article saying it will be 7 years doesn't count as legitimate. Facts is what we want, not cut and paste BS.
edit on 17-1-2013 by ted4d because: (no reason given)

Yahoo

All 374 tons of German gold held in Paris vaults will be moved back to the Bundesbank's vaults in Frankfurt by 2020, the bank said Wednesday. A further 300 tons of gold stored in New York will also be brought back.

2020 - 2013 = 7

You arguing something without doing an ounce of research on the topic is rubbish.

edit on 17-1-2013 by olliemc84 because: (no reason given)

All 374 tons of German gold held in Paris vaults will be moved back to the Bundesbank's vaults in Frankfurt by 2020, the bank said Wednesday.

The article says 7 years from Paris not the US.

S&F

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Going to through this one out there, if they ship it all at once the annunaki from nibiru will snatch the shipment for their failing atmosphere if their even still alive. So ship in small increments only like have Mr T fly back and forth a million times sneaky.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ted4d

You seem to not be catching the implication that it takes 7 years. Not because of some difficult physical task, but because it will take that long to collect their gold and get it to them. As in it might not have been held safely and secured and might have been used without Germany's knowledge.

Given your posts you legitimately thought that the posters here thought it took 7 years to actually move something.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

If it's 5 percent of what we hold it should only take a few months to return and there shouldn't be any problem. It should be there and ready.

In reality it should only take a few months to move that much gold.
edit on 18-1-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by theone88

There wouldn't be a chance in hell anyone could invade America. It would be safer here than anywhere else in the world. Also, I doubt the US would be trying so hard to disarm the public if there was even a slight concern of that.

Honestly I probably shouldn't have addressed that idea because it's that far fetched. No one could ever invade the US.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ed1320

LOL..
I'm glad someone here has a sense of humor. So if these intergallactic beings existed they would have to snatch it in transit and couldn't get it from vaults..

Your insane theory isn't very realistic

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ted4d

Please take a look a Detroit..this , among other things , is why it might take a while to squeeze the money out of poor working class such as myself....People such as myself are not rewarded for having kids on welfare nor get a credit ...actually the people whom do not produce future tax payers are penalized...Not rewared as we should be....in essence people like me ; whom make enought to get by buy noy enough to really get ahead are the ones to suffer..If I had , had a few kids with what I make then I would be living better than I do now. What people dont realize is that the people like myself have less money then the people whom have all the kids; because we dont get the tax breaks...In the USA ; they are rewarded and it is took from the working people to geive to the them..if I had a few kids ; I would be living better than I am now.. and yes ; I grew up poor so they would eat well etc.....just saying...people have there Spawn and think oh , look at me...I shold get a two or three thousand tax break; hate to tell you but NO you shouldnt ....keep in your briches...I should not have to pay for food stamps nor any other benefits ; such as tax breaks...the single people ; without kids ; should get tax breaks...open your eyes...there is no gold to give them................wake up...

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNutjob

Bundesbank: "We want our gold."

Bernanke: "We don't have it, all of your gold has been sold into the open market to suppress the price of gold and keep the financial system afloat."

Bundesbank: "How long will it take you to recover our gold from the open market?"

Bernanke: "We can get you about 45 tons a year. We can only do it very slowly, we don't want the price of gold to escalate too fast."

Bundesbank: "Okay. We will tell the public that we are doing a transfer of 300 tons over 7 years and we are happy for you to hold the remainder of our reserves."

Bernanke: "But we don't have the remainder of your reserves."

Bundesbank: "That's okay. The public does not need to know. At least they can see that we are taking some action to verify our gold reserves."

Bernanke: "Good."

Making up conversations in your head doesn't make it real. Unless you can show us a single bit of evidence to refute the bundesbanks statement that they are planning on a 7 year transfer of gold from the US and France to Germany, then it's nothing more than fear and paranoia which, coupled with those imaginary conversations can make for a nasty cocktail.

It was only three months ago when Germany were happy to have only 150 tons repratriated from the Fed. Now they want all of their gold from France and 300 tons from the Fed.

I never said a thing about the reason for the move. No doubt they'd rather have it on their soil, given the ever increasing risk of global economic calamity or the next world war. All I did was quote the Bank's statement that they planned on moving gold from the US and France to Germany. You then went and conjured up a conversation to back up your claim.

Keep drinking the Koolaid dude.

Wow, you didn't throw in a sheeple reference as well. Very impressive.

It should be noted that the koolaid you suggest I'm imbibing, in this case, is a big vat of concocted conspiracy cranberry flavored koolaid, brought to you by those wonderful gloom and doom fear mongerers over at zerohedge. I suggest you use a straw when you drink it, the color stains your lips and teeth.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Gold is heavier than other metals so it must not look like a big pile to get 300 tons of it. A 19 meter cube block of gold is all the gold ever mined.

The most evil thing they could do is sign it into German hands, put it in one shipment and sink that boat in the middle of the ocean. Or nuke the island of Manhattan, or hide little radioactive metals along with the gold, making it toxic. Hide bars in taxi cabs and tell the drivers to go to Germany, they'll never get there.

The incremental payments are to stall until someone negotiates better economic arrangements with other nations, or until someone gets assassinated, whatever comes first.

It's like watching a couple of pirates negotiating.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by macman

If it's 5 percent of what we hold it should only take a few months to return and there shouldn't be any problem. It should be there and ready.

In reality it should only take a few months to move that much gold.

No it takes a whole gold moving program with lots of special deals in the contract in order to move any gold. First, the Fed expects to get paid for moving a muscle. They are going to use some of the tightest security for shipping their precious metal. There are going to be about five phases: the planning, the loading, the transport, the unloading, and the re-securing, repeated over seven years, maybe a ton at a time, so that's 300 shipments. They're going to make a special committee with special officers with a special name plus the secret background work. They're going to need special trucks with special drivers or special jets. There are going to be red-tape waiting lines and all sorts of spying going on because when that gold is moving it has the potential for disappearing.

It would take three months if they were smuggling the equivalent weight in drugs across borders.
This is gold, something they don't want to part with and that they don't get paid for moving.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure that the Germans have a vault, or several vaults, plenty big enough and secure enough to handle an immediate shipment of that much gold.

I'm also pretty certain that if you had money (or valuables in a lockbox) in a bank in another country, and you demanded they open their vaults and return your belongings, being told you're going to have to wait 7 years would become a bit of an issue, and rather quickly.

The fact that this is not person-to-bank, but country-to-country, makes it even more interesting.

While I don't see anyone 'invading' the U.S., I think invading or otherwise compromising NYC, Fort Knox and Washington, D.C. as being a realistic response given enough motivation. Somewhere right now I think a lot of German hair is on fire. If I were them, I'd consider kidnapping Ben Bernanke and hold him for ransom, the problem being that we probably don't want him back. With any luck, they'll 'kidnap' the Bushes, the Rockefellers and the other global terrorists and hold THEM ransom. Good riddance, etc.

Ah, nothing like watching two or more nuclear powers with their toes right up against an economic line in the sand deciding their next chess move.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
This whole thread seems to be garbage or Forbes is lying.

Forbes Article

Reading this it seems to make good business sense and gold can only be shipped in small ammounts but read the article to see how small

Just an FYI
edit on 18-1-2013 by mikell because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join