It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOOGLE Denies Killing a Donkey in a Botswana Hit-and-Run

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   

GOOGLE Denies Killing a Donkey in a Botswana Hit-and-Run

www.ctvnews.ca...

Google released a statement today denying its mapping team ran over and killed a donkey in Botswana.
Social media sites were abuzz over the past 2 days with claims that a Google Street View vehicle ran over -- and possibly even killed -- a donkey in Botswana’s Kweneng region.

The sequence upon clicking the link to Google Maps indeed begins with the donkey in the distance, appearing to come towards the camera on the side of the road.

When the camera moves past the donkey, if the street map user rotates the angle to look back at the donkey, you can clearly see it lying on the ground on its side.

Kawai says the opposite of what people are claiming occurred: the donkey was lying in the path as the Street View vehicle approached it. Kawai says the donkey may, in fact, have been “enjoying a dust bath” -- and that it moved safely aside as their car moved past it.

The problem, he suggests, is that people were viewing the images in the wrong order.

Those with doubts may be assuaged with this image taken of the donkey, taken off the side of the car, which shows it's alive and well.

You can view this image on google maps link HERE

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
That being the case it is very interesting to see it standing up in one picture and then flat on the road in the other picture after you zoom past.

It is kind of funny and bizarre at the same time. Made me laugh a little at first, but it just goes to show you that using google maps street view can produce some crazy pictures...happy huntings!

I should add that it kind of looks like the Donkey was indeed enjoying a dust bath and the street car paused to watched this joyous moment. But on the other hand, Google may have edited these images to save Face. After all, they do have a way to manipulate anything they post up. So you never really know!

edit on 17-1-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
its already an old thread

its going to be hijacked by the gun lobby

crazy ass 2nd amendment mofos who see everything as attempts to take away their guns.

\God bless them all, republicans and democrats.

they're all nuts, like the religious zealouts who kill people arounf the world, and recruit children into insanity.

Good job, guns don't kill people.

Nuclear weapons don't kill people.

Idiots kill people.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
That would probably do alot of damage to the car

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

if you look properly at the Google Cameras all around the car and then before and after shots. you can tell that the donkey is enjoying a sand bath, the Google car has disturbed the donkey and finally the donkey has stood up and walked off the road and down towards the track in the next pictures. you can also clearly see the donkeys hoof marks in the sand leading away from the road. So unless the donkey was walking backwards and into the Path of the car then its NOT a Hit and Run..... Plus I think the biggest giveaway is the truck is driving on the left hand side of the road and further back in the pictures you can see a land rover with a trailer and a trail of dust coming towards it in the distance which passes the donkey on the road first

Gee some times I wish people would check out these before posting

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure that what they say is true. If you go down the road a ways, there's another vehicle. Also, there's a sign at the side of the road.

If you turn the picture so that you're approaching the vehicle and sign, it looks right.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Hmmm...economic doom, Constitution being used as toilet paper by those sworn to defend it, American people can't feed their families, losing their homes, staged this and that, drones swarming over American citizens heads, State ordered murder of citizens without any process...

And if a Google employee knocked down a donkey in Africa, then reversed backwards and forwards over it...this is important how?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
The thing that shocked me about it all is google is now mapping botswana.. will google evetually map the world?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by surfin4it
its already an old thread

its going to be hijacked by the gun lobby

crazy ass 2nd amendment mofos who see everything as attempts to take away their guns.

\God bless them all, republicans and democrats.

they're all nuts, like the religious zealouts who kill people arounf the world, and recruit children into insanity.

Good job, guns don't kill people.

Nuclear weapons don't kill people.

Idiots kill people.

Thats funny, your the only one talking about guns arent you?? Actually, you just mention that this is an old thread, and then you go on and talks about guns, first you tell us how crazy people who talks about guns is, and then you give your own viewpoints about guns... Take a look at the donkey, aint it nice??

I sure looks to me, that the donkey was just taking a sun bath like they sad. But people love to jump to conclusions...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
propably yes.. some time in the future

I would have thought, if they did indeed run over the donky, there should be more blood, gu.. and such things. Doing a roadkill without mess is a hard task

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I believe that the donkey was originally dead, and the Google van ran over it and brought it back to life! Yay Google!

edit on 17-1-2013 by avocadoshag because: Added smiley to show that it's supposed to be sarcasm

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Talliostro

There would not necessarily be a lot of blood.
I grilled a deer with a Grand Cherokee traveling 110 kph. (cruise control)
The deer landed 20 feet off the road. there was only a little blood coming from the back end, though touching it with my foot revealed smashed ribs and hips on the very dead deer.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Dang it!

top topics

join