It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2nd Amendment Is What Makes The Other Nine Possible

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by sonnny1

True. But if history repeats itself I highly doubt that the government will be stupid enough to wage war in the woods wearing BRIGHT RED coats!

You have me there.

The Second is what Makes the other nine possible. I still await someone who can show me that without it, our Country stays the same.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

A very good read and solid thread, to be sure! I very much enjoyed reading it. I tend to agree entirely as well with the Rights of the Constitution being interlinked with some holding just a bit more importance over others in the order of importance.

After all, the right to be free from quartering of troops isn't much for daily life or consideration but might come to be an interesting point of argument someday when we have .22 squirrel guns to argue with and those making the point are telling us how it's going to be. Without the 2nd to protect the rights of the 1st to say something, I guess there isn't much debate about how that scenario turns out for the citizen. In that unlikely example of a specific right to be abused, I suppose we'd be left asking if the Lieutenant or Captain wants turn down service for his men and would how would they like their eggs in the morning. ? lol... It's absurd to consider but made more so by the fact it wasn't worth worrying bout until yesterday because it could simply never happen.

Now? Well... it'll be some time for all the repercussions of yesterday to be felt and known I believe. However, the direction is set and the path is determined. I think it's going to be felt strongly enough in due time. The above, while funny to consider even now, may not be funny at all given time and circumstances, huh?

Whoever started that saying about how we 'may live in interesting times' needs his fingers broken and tongue cut out. I'll show the loud mouth about interesting times, I'll tell ya!

S/F for some things to think about!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by sonnny1

True. But if history repeats itself I highly doubt that the government will be stupid enough to wage war in the woods wearing BRIGHT RED coats!

No, but the aggressors may very well have shiny blue helmets!

That would be my guess at who would step up to attempt disarmament.....I don't think there will be many in the US military willing to do the bidding of TPTB on US soil.

edit on 17-1-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Anyone who wishes to not abide by the Constitution can leave this country...and that includes those in government; in fact, I would propose allowing them to deduct the cost of moving from their income on their final income tax filing.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Perhaps
how would it be possible for the citizens of the US to organise themselves in such a way that this outcome would be possible??

After all, it doesn't appear that it would be achieved through the electoral/voting process.

I'm going to try to tackle this one. Keep in mind I am myself in the process of digging deeper into this subject as well and trying to tackle it from a more historical and informed aspect rather than just going about regurgitating the same old same old.

In another thread I posted this article written by a pro-2nd attorney named Daniel J Schultz: lectlaw.com article. He attempts (and does a good job actually) to explain more in depth what the actual wording of "well regulated militia" means. In his article he references Alexander Hamilton's letter to NY, also known as Federalist #29

In Federalist #29, Hamilton states that indeed the militia is made up of the population of the country that are not enlisted in the standing regular army and that that militia should be trained and outfitted equally with the standing army of the country. Having said that, he also understands that to do so is not a quick and easy process and would put undo strain on the progression of industry and agriculture as it would take able bodied citizens from those industries and hinder their progress.

To oblige the great body of the yeomanry, and of the other classes of the citizens, to be under arms for the purpose of going through military exercises and evolutions, as often as might be necessary to acquire the degree of perfection which would entitle them to the character of a well-regulated militia, would be a real grievance to the people, and a serious public inconvenience and loss. It would form an annual deduction from the productive labor of the country, to an amount which, calculating upon the present numbers of the people, would not fall far short of the whole expense of the civil establishments of all the States.
Source being the Federalist #29 linked above.

In the following paragraphs it is my interpretation (someone please correct me if I am wrong) that what Hamilton then proposes is a state guard of sorts to be a bridge between the common citizenry (read militia) and the standing army. This state guard would train as if they were regular army in the tactics and weaponry of the day and would serve then to train the common citizenry if the need ever arise should the US be invaded by a foreign force. This 'state guard' could then be called upon to increase the ranks of the standing army against a foreign force leaving the common citizenry with the tools and knowledge to defend not only themselves but their land as well while the 'state guard' and regular army are off doing what they must. Now, notice I said "should the US be invaded by a foreign force".....

I get the feeling that the 'state guard' was never meant to serve the interests of the standing army of the US on foreign soil.... meaning our 'state guard' was never meant to be deployed outside the borders of our own nation... like they are now.

So to answer you question of how can this be achieved? As it was intended to do, it cannot if my interpretation is correct there. However what Hamilton does not address is the veterans of military service who may be willing to take up that duty, where able, in training the common militia (general citizenry) in tactics at the very least.... weapons is another thing entirely and for another post/thread should it come up.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
There are Corporations with satellites in orbit with weapons on them, as well as systems here on the ground where they can pin point energy at people to give them cancer/kill them. They can do their own rapture and decide who will be allowed to walk this Earth.

Ole 'ma and 'pa with their shotgun ain't going to be able to protect their lives. God's not deciding who lives and who dies on Earth now.

Game Over for Humanity and our species.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

You know.. I keep hearing this and usually as a basis for why we shouldn't try or shouldn't have hope for change to come in any positive way.

At the same time I hear about these super-weapons and control plots out of the movies...I see the U.S getting it's butt kicked in places like Iraq and Afghanistan.

So if these things DO exist at all (which I'm starting to have a hard time believing) then apparently the criteria to USE any of it is so extreme and tight as to make them worthless in any real sense anyway. It's like Nuclear Weapons. They're great to show off on parade day, but one can't USE them for anything without it being the last actions in life. So..what good are they, really? At least we know the Nukes really do exist tho.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
History certianly is repeating itself just like some people in this country where certain people were 3/5's of a person back to the days of old how gun owners are the new 3/5's.

You can try to explain inherent rights to people, but it is a waste of breath they don't get it and never will.
edit on 17-1-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Funny thing,

The 2nd Didn't Stop the Destruction of the 4th Amendment. (Patriot Act)

Soooo, This is just another Bunk Gun Thread.

[off topic remark removed]
edit on Thu Jan 17 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Funny thing,

What would you protect your 4th amendment with? A butter knife? Why didn't you stop them?? Maybe we should ban butter knives because they don't work to preserve our rights.

* Thread Closed *

Talk about a usurpation of power. When did you become a mod?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I'm tired of hearing about the 2nd Amendment and the Constitution. Who gave a group of people the right to dictate our lives? I certainly didn't. I could care less about the Constitution; but i certainly do care about OUR GOD GIVEN RIGHTS; which supercedes ANYTHING the "Constitution" has to say. Don't mean to offend, but, that's the REALITY we all need to see and WAKE UP to!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by sonnny1

Funny thing,

* Thread Closed *

It won't happen again. The emotional trauma of 911 weakened us momentarily. All we could see were Terrorists everywhere, lurking behind every corner. We were duped into thinking we needed the Government to protect us by stripping some of our rights away.

Repeat....It WILL NOT happen again. As emotionally horrifying as Sandy Hook was, it is not an excuse to chip away at the 2A. If anything, it should strengthen it. There is evil in the world, and there must be people willing to fight it with whatever they have to fight it with.

Sonny1...I totally agree 100%. The 2A is what gives the other 9 a foot to stand on.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlowinSmoke
I'm tired of hearing about the 2nd Amendment and the Constitution. Who gave a group of people the right to dictate our lives? I certainly didn't. I could care less about the Constitution; but i certainly do care about OUR GOD GIVEN RIGHTS; which supercedes ANYTHING the "Constitution" has to say. Don't mean to offend, but, that's the REALITY we all need to see and WAKE UP to!

There will always be Man made Laws.

Crazy as it sounds, without some of them, our World becomes insane.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Funny thing,

And why would it? Congress and Government is supposed to be limited. The Patriot Act just proves my point of Government becoming too big !

From Executive Acts to the Patriot Act, This is the MAIN Reason we need to hold on to our Constitutional rights........

The Second glues it all together.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Funny thing,

So was George Washington's quote saying the exact same thing as the OP just another bunk gun quote?

Lol

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Great thread!

Our birth is what makes the rights possible, the 2nd just allows us the protect all of our rights.

You know I sometimes wonder if the gun grabbers have stock in all of the gun companies as NOTHING makes the price skyrocket like the threat of a gun grab. Wouldn't it be just like TPTB to create a hysteria for their own financial gain... and our potential enslavement?

Derek

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Funny thing,

As much as I hate to agree with you on this, I have been saying the same thing for a while now.
See this thread If you are interested in where the
bill of Rights stands today: www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is a partial breakdown of the effects of the Patriot Act, NDAA and RICO with links to the PDF files for them.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Viesczy

Those in power are Millionaires.I am sure they are making their money while they let our Constitution get trampled on.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

I'm going to try to tackle this one...
This Post

reply to post by eriktheawful

The OP is saying that the reason we still have the other 9 rights...
This Post

reply to post by slugger9787

How did our forefathers gain their freedom from England's Tyranny?...
This Post

Thanks to the above for their thoughtful replies.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
No it doesnt. It isnt 1776 anymore, when all an army was was men with muskets. To stand up to an armed tyranny emanating from the us you would need tanks airplanes helicopter antitank antiairplane antihelicopter etc. . Do be true to the spirit of the 2nd Americans would need an arsenal to stand up to the army which is not in private hands right now. Right now the weapons in circulation kill americans every year, but they are not sufficient to stand up to the military or foreign invasion either.

I am sorry you are gonna have to hope that the soldiers in the armed forces are just as loyal to the united states as everyone else.
edit on 18-1-2013 by Merinda because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join