It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Control is the greatest threat to America (heres why)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Most of all of you know that already. Denying the 2nd Amendment right is a huge threat to America.

However, I want to add another angle on this topic that has been missed and I think it needs to be looked at by both sides (wether you believe in gun control or not).

The concept is simple.

Anyone who is a police officer or in the military has taken an oath to defend the constitution. Therefore, by the President taking such action by the stroke of a pen, he is effectively breaking up the police and military and the rule of law in this once great nation which by the way can be great again. But we need to fight the good fight and make it great again.

But for now, say goodbye to the rule of law, because its going to take a hiatus until order is restored.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by txinfidel

Let me reiterate this. For the sake of clarity.

If the President, or Congress orders any type of gun confiscation on a state or national level. It will divide the police and military in two.

Why isn't this thread getting any attention?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
No one is banning all guns.

Don't know where this idea came from.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Why isn't this thread getting any attention?

Because there are 20 million other threads just like it.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
No one is banning all guns.

Don't know where this idea came from.

Here you go

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

They don't have to impose a ban on all guns for this to happen.
They have to order the police to enforce whatever ban they come up with and then it is done. Our police and military will effectively been broken in two.

This is unlike any other thread I have come across.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
2nd Ammendment is not being broken.

Americans can still bear arms.

Obama is not confiscating any guns.

The fact that most Americans don't understand this is very telling. A lot of stupid people own guns.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Thread number 202 and counting?

If you don’t think the government will take your guns, you need to watch this video again… If new gun regulations are put in place over the next few weeks, you will have almost no defense against a tyrannical government. Remember no high capacity clips, no assault style riffles. They are doing everything they can to prevent you from fighting back. This is not about the school shooting—that is just the excuse they are using to take your rights away. Open your eye and look further down the road as to what this means… now, are you sure you want to give up your rights?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by txinfidel
Therefore, by the President taking such action by the stroke of a pen

Except he didn't issue any gun control order...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logman

The fact that most Americans don't understand this is very telling. A lot of stupid people own guns.

beat me to it and said it better.
QFT.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

yet...

However it is happening on a huge scale at the state level.
Just look at NY.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Originally posted by Ghost375

beat me to it and said it better.
QFT.

He may have already beat you to it. But theres a brit who already bent over for his government speaking from a country that has little guns but more surveillance cameras than it does people.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Banning or confiscating of assault type weapons and high capacity ammo clips is an infringement of the 2nd amendment, the amendment is there to protect against a tyrannical government… removal of that firepower would make us helpless against the auto weapons the government goons have access to.

The 2nd Amendment is not about home defense, hunting or sport shooting, these are just things we do with our guns.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shdak
Thread number 202 and counting?

If you don’t think the government will take your guns, you need to watch this video again… If new gun regulations are put in place over the next few weeks, you will have almost no defense against a tyrannical government. Remember no high capacity clips, no assault style riffles. They are doing everything they can to prevent you from fighting back. This is not about the school shooting—that is just the excuse they are using to take your rights away. Open your eye and look further down the road as to what this means… now, are you sure you want to give up your rights?

You've just disproved your own point.

These people had guns and the police still confiscated them. What a joke.

If the police come for your guns and you resist, your AR-15 is going to get you killed. If you don't understand that then you don't understand what the 2nd Ammendment is for.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Logman

I dont think I get it. The AR will get you killed, by jamming?

If someone gets killed its because somebody is taking arms against another US citizen. Sad but thats the reality.

You say gun owners are stupid, but NO ONE should be so stupid to try to disarm the American populace.

If Obama wants my gun, he can come and get it himself.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Logman

That was my point, people didn't think it would ever happen, and it did. Now that some people know the truth it maybe a little more difficult if they try again.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

If you ever need this just google "the mother of all stats". When people think about gun control they should just pause and look at this.

jpfo.org...

We have seen this happen too many times in history to allow it to happen again.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

lol.... I guess I forgot the 1994 Assault Weapon Ban banned all guns

Oh wait..... it didn't ban or confiscate any existing guns. All it did was ban certain semi-autos from being created.

edit on 17-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Don't fall into their trap. They are simply stating progressive rhetoric. Don't argue with responses that don't have merit. Notice how people who dissent against the gov are painted as crazy, stupid, dangerous, don't care about kids. That is by design. If these posters aren't shills to the agenda, then they are responding that way due to programming, subconciously. They've been trained to attack.

You know this issue is important and you are dissenting. Keep up the good fight.

To those than honestly think this won't expand to all guns, please look to the UK. You know the place we are supposed to believe is safer, even though they have the highest violent crime rate in Europe.

Hungerford - 1988 - school massacre and outrage - semi-auto rifles, large capacity, military style outlawed
Dunblane - 1997 - school massacre and outrage - all firearms outlawed and confiscated w/exeption of single shot long rifles, two shot shotgun, antique, and muzzle loaded.
Cumbria - 2010 - mass public shooting and outrage - UK still considering further gun control.

So, no matter what is outlawed a nutter will find a way to take lots of people in public. The Patriot Act , SOPA, NDAA have all been laying the infrastructure for the gov to handle dissenters. The DHS guidlines on domestic terrorism clearly make everyone a possible domestic terrorist, and that is by design to. When the 2nd goes down here, the first will be next . . . just like UK, as well.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join