It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riot Covered Up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Riot Covered Up

heraldpalladium

Benton Harbor Michigan 20 arrest students and their parents more than 200 involved
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
wsbt

edit on 16-1-2013 by Maxmars because: fixed link formatting

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Because 3 girls got in it they decided lets all get into it. The school says it's nobodys business. The government just put $245000 into a home across the street from the school and sold it for less than 10% because nobody wanted to live there. It's about 10 blocks away from me. The school is $1100000 in the red and is asking for a loan to hire more administrative staff.

heraldpalladium
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 16-1-2013 by mikell because: 11 mill not 10

edit on 16-1-2013 by Maxmars because: fixed link formatting

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mikell

Is there a gang problem in that area? Sounds a lot like gang fights to me.

Not sure about that school district, but in NY they were ridiculous. If they found out about fights off school ground, after school hours, they felt justified in suspensions and expulsions. I think it backfired, as people stopped bothering to take beef off school grounds, since they were going to probably be punished for it by the school anyways.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Not sure how this is being covered up. I read about it on cnn late last week. Also saw a video of the fight, i believe on Huffington's site. Its being covered. Not covered up.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

The problem is affected by adults who hang out along Empire Avenue, and business owners who allow large groups of young people to gather around their stores.

Do they have the same problem we did, that being there was literally nowhere to hang out? When we gathered at the "town park", they threw us out for congregating in groups, when we hung out after school hours on school grounds using the track etc, we were thrown out. Before we got rid of the good for nothing police force, they were always harassing us for being young and hanging out with friends.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Did you add the whole "covered up" part to get attention to your otherwise mediocre thread?

new topics

top topics

join