It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oceanliner tipping over, Simpsons cast/writer dies from allergic reaction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Didn't sleep at all so that is when these thoughts usually hit me so I thought I'd put them out there this time because last time this happened was mere hours before the Miracle on the Hudson crash and I thought my vision was ridiculous (birds bringing down a plane) and said nothing.

1. I envisioned a large oceanliner docking, or in dry dock for repairs. It somehow tips over (either from a large wave or from a badly constructed support) killing many. Oddly it has a name Sandy or Sandra in the tragedy. Not sure if it is the name of the Captain, the ship itself or the owner. For some reason a famous ballet dancer is injured (not sure if that is related uhhg).

2. Someone in The Simpsons either cast or writer will die mysteriously from a known or unknown food allergy. The oddity will be that the investigation finds no trace of where the substance came from (no wrapper, no tupperware, not even in the pockets of the person etc), even after a search of the entire building and garbage disposal areas. I believe at first the death will appear to be choking or a stroke of some kind.

I hope I am wrong on both

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Interesting thoughts there. I hate that when you have a "feeling" about something that could go wrong. Not very fun, at all.

No disrespect, but I hope you're wrong too.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
This is a list of ocean liners past and present, which are passenger ships engaged in the transportation of passengers and goods in line voyages

all of the ships named with an S no sandy or sandra

MS Sabaudia - Yes (2 Different names) (See: MS Stockholm (1941) -
MS Sagafjord - Yes (3 Different names) (See: Saga Rose) -
MS Saga Rose 1965 Yes (3 Different names) Scrapped in China in 2010
SS Santa Paula 1958 Yes (4 Different names) Bombed in 1990 as a result of the Iraqi occupation of Kuwait and scrapped in 2002
SS Santa Rosa (1916) 1916 Yes (3 Different names) Sunk by aerial torpedoes in 1942
SS Santa Rosa (1932) 1932 Yes (2 Different names) Scrapped in Aliaga, Greece in 1989
SS Santa Rosa (1958) - Yes (3 Different names) (See: SS The Emerald) -
RMS Saxonia (1899) 1899 No Scrapped in 1925
RMS Saxonia (1954) 1954 Yes (3 Different names) Scrapped in Alang, India in 1999
SS Scharnhorst (1904) 1904 Yes (2 Different names) Broken up in 1934
SS Scharnhorst (1934) 1934 Yes (2 Different names) Sunk in the Yellow Sea on November 17, 1944 by the United States Navy submarine Spadefish
RMS Scythia 1920 No Scrapped on January 23, 1958
SS Shalom 1964 Yes (8 Different names) Sunk outside Cape St. Francis on July 26, 2001
MS Sobieski 1938 Yes (2 Different names) Scrapped at La Spezia in 1975
SS Southern Cross (1955) 1954 Yes (4 Different names) Scrapped at Chittagong Bangladesh in 2003
SS St. Louis (1894) 1894 Yes (2 Different names) Scrapped in 1924 in Genoa
MS St. Louis 1928 No Scrapped in Hamburg, Germany in 1952
SS St. Paul 1895 No Scrapped in 1923
SS Statendam (1917) - Yes (2 Different names) (See: SS Justicia) -
TSS Stefan Batory 1951 Yes (3 Different names) Scrapped at Aliaga, Turkey in 2000
SS Stella Solaris 1949 Yes (2 Different names) Broken up in 2003
MV Stirling Castle 1935 No Scrapped in Japan in 1966
MS Stockholm (1938) 1938 No Destroyed in a fire on December 19, 1938, subsequently scrapped
MS Stockholm (1941) 1940 Yes (2 Different names) Sunk by British bombers on July 6, 1944 and scrapped in 1949
SS Stockholm - Yes (4 Different names) (See: SS Potsdam (1900) -
SS Strathaird 1931 No Scrapped in Hong Kong in 1961

edit on 16-1-2013 by GonzoSinister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

I am not even sure if it was a commercial liner, it was metal grey (on the side and bottom) and at first I thought it was a Naval ship yet it was several stories tall.

I am not sure if I should have stayed with my initial thoughts and jotted them down because once I 'see it' then I start to ask myself questions about it and it could turn out to be as sloppy as some eyewitness testimony because I second guess myself and fill in gaps of the initial 'thought'.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by dianashay

i'll keep on looking for ships\liners that are either due to be docked for refits etc or hold the name sandy\sandra

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I only found this: The Lusitania:

At a time when German ocean liners were beginning to snip away at the Blue Riband record, the Lusitania was commissioned by Cunard in 1907. With its steam turbines the Lusitania could eclipse 25 knots, which ensured that it set a new Blue Riband record on its voyage to Sandy Hook in 1907.

it got sunk by a German U-boat long ago though.

But apparently Sandy Hook, NJ is quite a hoppin' place for ships. Who knew.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Indeed it is....

However

hmnzs endeavour which is a new zeland naval ship - Sandra Walker is the first female captain of a large ship in the New zeland navy.... she took the post last year i think.....

just a thought.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I can't even fathom to guess, especially if it puts out bad karma into the universe. There is no way of knowing, until it were to happen. If not, then my perceptions are wronggg for sure.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
This happened today. Thankfully only four injured.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

hisz.rsoe.hu...

"...to cancel a cruise Luxury cruise line Silversea has been forced to cancel a cruise onboard the Silver Explorer after the ship was damaged by a onboard the Silver Explorer after the ship was damaged by a giant wave in rough weather while on an 18-night voyage in giant wave in rough weather while on an 18-night voyage in South America. Media reports claimed four crew suffered minor South America. Media reports claimed four crew suffered minor injuries when a wave struck in the waters between Tierra del injuries when a wave struck in the waters between Tierra del Fuego and Antarctica..."

The above quote was messed up somehow during copying & pasting it. And now my phone will not allow me to fix it. Sorry.
edit on 17-1-2013 by nerdyclutzyblonde because: Explanation for the quote

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nerdyclutzyblonde

www.travelmole.com...
www.usatoday.com...

that just freaked me out.

only 4 crew members injured thank god.

"
According to reports, the damage was severe enough to interrupt the current voyage and cancel the upcoming Antarctic sailing scheduled for January 21st. If reports are accurate, the wave would have struck the vessel about 30 feet above sea level.

The ship was returning to the embarkation port in Argentina where it will then proceed to an undisclosed location for repairs. It wasn't clear how long those repairs would take, but the line said it
anticipated that Silver Explorer would resume its normal Antarctic schedule with a 10-night voyage departing Ushuaia on January 31st.

edit on 17-1-2013 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Triumph www.usatoday.com...
The new damage to the beleaguered cruise ship, which broke free from its moorings on Wednesday at a repair yard in Mobile, Ala., is visible about halfway up the hull from the water.

abcnews.go.com...

Update on Carnival Triumph in Mobile, AL

facebook: April 3, 2013, 7PM ET

Earlier this afternoon, due to strong winds that reached speeds exceeding 70 miles per hour during a severe storm in Mobile, Ala., Carnival Triumph, which was in wet dock at a Mobile shipyard, broke away from its moorings. The ship drifted, and was secured.

With the assistance of tugboats on site, the ship has been moved to the Mobile Cruise Terminal. Lines have moored the ship, and, as a precaution, tugboats will remain alongside the vessel as well.

All of the approximately 600 crew and 200 contractors who were onboard the vessel are safe and have been accounted for through a roll call. There are no reports of injuries. While assessment of damage to the ship is ongoing, initial indications suggest the damage is limited.

According to reports, two shipyard employees on an adjacent pier fell into the water. One has reportedly been rescued by the U.S. Coast Guard and the search continues for the second. Our thoughts and prayers are with the missing shipyard employee and the family.

www.huffingtonpost.com...
Tugs slowly towed the ship into port in Mobile, Ala., where it has remained under repair.

After the ship escaped, it rested against a cargo vessel. It drifted for a couple of hours before being secured as of 5 p.m., and moved to the Mobile Cruise Terminal, Carnival spokesman Vance Gulliksen said.

Coast Guard officials said they saw no sign late Wednesday of the missing BAE Systems employee who was knocked into the water with a co-worker when near hurricane-strength winds blew their guard shack over. The other man was rescued.

Coast Guard Petty Officer 2nd Class Bill Colclough said the missing man worked for BAE Systems that runs the shipyard. Authorities are unsure of how deep the water is where the men fell in, but the company's website mentions its ship-repairing operation is adjacent to a 42-foot deep ship channel.

The pier where the ship was docked wasn't damaged but one adjacent was when the ship bumped into it, said BAE spokesman John Measell.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
shameless bump, lol

I still say part of my prediction is right. injury in dock repair. besides, the ship was damaged because of Hurricaine Sandy.

ballerina, no clue. but 7 Cuban National Ballet Dancers Defect to Miami at the same time.

the simpsons, www.nytimes.com... dies at the same time.

www.cancer.org... allergies.
edit on 5-4-2013 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join