It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stranded

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I sit here on a cold ,wintry night,looking at the sleet and freezing rain covering my yard and my street.
I have but one cigarette left and a few beers.The kids are sleeping soundly,and the dogs are snoring loudly.
It's late ,and I must go to bed and cuddle with my sleeping wife.

But ,I can't.

I got fired today.

How do I tell her,when do I tell her.That is what's consuming my mind now.

It was such a simple ,stupid mistake,one little slip in judgment that will change our lives.
Our future seems to have just slipped away as if a gentle wind just blew upon a raging fire,and snuffed it out.

What the future holds,I don't know.But I feel this relief,this sudden freedom that I can not explain.
I feel guilty for feeling this way,but to me,it's a new beginning.A new adventure.

I think I will have that beer right now and that last cigarette and hopefully get off this damn hill I have been stuck on all my life.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Your being fired news sucks. I'm guessing it wasn't a job you loved though. I get the sense of freedom you are feeling, and it is a very good feeling.
It feels so good, that it means more than money. Easy to say from behind a keyboard and not mindful of the bills at the moment, but its a grand feeling.
I am hopeful and in anticipation of the new doors that open, cuz we both know they do.

I hope this doesn't mean tragically drastic fiscal stuff for you and yours, and that your wife understands what happened. I bet she will.

Been a fan of your posts and such here - from your words on this site, I believe you are a good man, and other work will be on the way to replace what was taken from you.

All that and only one smoke left-- aye!
All the best.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Dang dude.

I was surfing the SS forum, and found this.

You gotta tell her in the morning. C'mon man. YOU have to TELL her.

Sorry for the job loss, but you, you got the internet, you got skills, and you just have to bust your butt to find another job.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

I sit here on a cold ,wintry night,looking at the sleet and freezing rain covering my yard and my street.
I have but one cigarette left and a few beers.The kids are sleeping soundly,and the dogs are snoring loudly.
It's late ,and I must go to bed and cuddle with my sleeping wife.

But ,I can't.

I got fired today.

How do I tell her,when do I tell her.That is what's consuming my mind now.

It was such a simple ,stupid mistake,one little slip in judgment that will change our lives.
Our future seems to have just slipped away as if a gentle wind just blew upon a raging fire,and snuffed it out.

What the future holds,I don't know.But I feel this relief,this sudden freedom that I can not explain.
I feel guilty for feeling this way,but to me,it's a new beginning.A new adventure.

I think I will have that beer right now and that last cigarette and hopefully get off this damn hill I have been stuck on all my life.

That's pretty deep. What a sick feeling...

I know how it is to be stuck between "nothing" and "nowhere."

I'm sorry

edit on 17-1-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Thank you all so much!
I was in a deep depressed mood then when I posted that.
Bad news and alcohol don't mix well.
I have told her and we have worked out a plan.
I got off the hill.

All is fine now.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Damn, I couldn't imagine being fired while having kids to take care of. I truly, truly wish the best of luck for you in the future.

-Ghoster
edit on 17-1-2013 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Concentrate on the feeling of freedom, adventure, the excitement of new experiences. Fear can paralyze creativity.
Sending some heavy mojo your way...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

Concentrate on the feeling of freedom, adventure, the excitement of new experiences. Fear can paralyze creativity.
Sending some heavy mojo your way...

Strangely,I am feeling relaxed and free.
Been doing this damn dangerous job for 26 years and I'm tired of being pushed to do more.
You can only do so much.People die in my line of work if your aren't totally aware of what you are doing.
Your cell phone going off could mean the difference between going home or falling down an elevator shaft.
Did I mention I work on elevators for a living?

new topics

top topics

join