It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angry! Angry! AAAAngryyyy!!!! D:<

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
My Android phone is my only way to access the internet.

It's been fine for quite a long time, but now when I go on ATS, There manifests about 50% of the time, an invisible button that covers the entire top portion of the screen.

I'll click on one of the headline threads, or try to go to the firehose, or maybe just flag a thread or try to check my mail...ANYTHING above the point where a thread would normally begin...and instead of doing what its supposed to do, the whole upper section of the page will highlight as if I've clicked an advertisement, but there was nothing there, so it was some new sneaky invisible ad they're using now... I guess.

When the link loads up its the same everytime... A TLDR PlugIn that summarizes articles on the web for you. I would never want to use such a thing, and don't know if I can get this particular TLDR PlugIn to operate properly from my phone...

But if I do what it wants me to do and try to download it, will that invisible ad go away so I can go back to using my ATS pages like normal again? I don't have to use it though, do I? I'll buy whatever, or give you whatever money you're trying to get from me, just tell me how to get my ATS working properly again, please!?

Has anybody else experienced this living nightmare I've endured for the past week or so?

Also, what's up with pages reloading suddenly, out of nowhere?? On a phone that takes time :/ and interrupts what you were trying to read! Is it for when people add stars and replies and whatnot? If so, isn't that what the REFRESH button is for??? So I can do it at my own convenience. There should at least be an option to turn tuat off... It's very annoying >:/

Other than those two things, I have no other serious complaint about ATS as a site. I do have a few other slightly less serious grievances, though they will be held back for the moment in light of the more urgent matters at hand. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Use the mobile site. ;-) no ads, no pop ups.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I just tested this on my Android, as I havent used it to access the site in awhile, in my case a new page doesn't load but when I go to click a link and don't press directly on it (missing the link by a little bit) my whole screen flashes as if I did clicked a button/link.

Sounds like they have the z-index in the css setup wrong, probably should be set to -1 instead of 1

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Same thing is happening to me. I've just been zooming way in.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Just get a computer

Other than that im sure many people will recommend that you get whatever phone they have.

The truth is mobile devices were really just given the internet to do quick searches, none of them really give you the same experience as a computer.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
ATS is currently not well-optimized for mobile browsers. We're working on deploying a new version of ATS that supports webkit mobile browsers (Android included) as a web app, but the job is big and the resources limited.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by opal13
Use the mobile site. ;-) no ads, no pop ups.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Yeah... I used to do that. It's not the same. Unless they changed it. Did they change it? Either way thank you for replying with a helpful suggestion
I would give you a star but for some reason...stars maybe are not allowed in this forum? Not being one to be one-upped by any form of a system, I shall certainly find another post of yours and give it a star. I won't be giving any assurances of the quality of your post, I'll just star it anyways no matter what.

So if you post a simple post like "srry double post", and someone stars it, you might be like "wtf why would someone star that? But now you can be like, "oh that guy must've came by to give me the star he owes me".

Likewise, if you write out a post that you out your heart and soul into, and it gets only one star, you might be like "well at least one person understands me", but now you will have to consider the possibility that it was I who merely dropped in to pay what was owed, for a favor long past... For you see, I will not reveal the time or day to you or anyone for when this debt is due to be paid. You could be walking down the street 8 years from now with your wife and children, maybe you just got out of the county fair, just had a dandy old time, and then suddenly you see a man dressed in 1800s attire with an Amish style hat just staring at you... and that could be me, biding my time until your fate is sealed with the repayment of an ancient debt...

A favor done.

A promise made.

A legacy that spans unknowable distances across the ravages of time. Why is he in Amish clothes? I don't know.... *spooky...*

And you never knew a simple internet post could change your life in an instant. Thanks again for your help buddy.

Ya know, on second thought, I'm not sure if I wanna go against the structure of this web forum... I mean, I'm sure they have a good reason for not letting me give you a star. No hard feelings I hope? You did good. That's all that matters, right?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
ATS is currently not well-optimized for mobile browsers. We're working on deploying a new version of ATS that supports webkit mobile browsers (Android included) as a web app, but the job is big and the resources limited.

Hey, woah there... Compared to many other sites, I've had very few problems on my Android. Give yourselves more credit. I mean, sure, the page reloads everytime you give a star or flag, and I'm sure that hinders activity a little... But overall its pretty great.
To all:
I kinda feel like a jerk now for complaining. Maybe I should've put it in rant or just asked a mod... You know, I guess I forgot what was really important here. And that's knowing we are all here for eachother and knowing that we have a place to talk about stuff to others who understand us...and the best part is, we know without a doubt that nobody is monitoring our conversations. Well, I hope we all learned an important lesson here today. And that is, that even if you come up with a totally original, well thought out thread that is relevant and discusses issues never discussed before that are being experienced by multiple members across the board, don't expect even a single solitary flag for your efforts!!

Haha I'm just kidding... lawlz...

From my thread history I would think it would be pretty apparent that I'm not in it for the flags... *folds arms*

TRUST ME... If I wanted to get flags... I could GET flags, ok? What you don't believe me well watch THIS! ...*nothing*... Waaaait a minute. I'm not falling into your little trap, fella. I know what's true in MY mind and in MY heart, and that's all that matters.

Sincerely yours,
Enigmato Maximilian

Afterthoughts: I guess the message you should get out of this thread is how much i like ATS, and how much I dislike it when something interrupts that experience I've come to know and love over the years. Essentially, a compliment.
I am glad I made this thread because now I know for sure that others are also experiencing this. It's comforting, in a mood stabilizing pharmaceutical kind of way... And while I'm sure it won't deter any hardcore members, I'd hate to see a newcomer be turned away due to difficulties notwithstanding.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0nZ
I just tested this on my Android, as I havent used it to access the site in awhile, in my case a new page doesn't load but when I go to click a link and don't press directly on it (missing the link by a little bit) my whole screen flashes as if I did clicked a button/link.

Sounds like they have the z-index in the css setup wrong, probably should be set to -1 instead of 1

Of course, the Z-index, why didnt i think of that? XD Sounds like you jnow what youre talking about...maybe they could use your help! It seems like something you could fix in less than 15 minutes.

Unless you're like me and you just like to make sh# up for fun, out of boredom, or just to toy with people... Hmmm. Not too sure what to think about you, mister! Just kidding. Thanks for the reply, you may have taught me something...or you may have filled my head with more junk. Either way, the next time someone has a problem similar to mine...or even just somewhat similar, I'm gonna try to sound smart... "Oh, yep they must've had the X-Index settings off by negative 1..."

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
Same thing is happening to me. I've just been zooming way in.

I was actually doing that too... It seems to have a slightly higher than 50% success rate.

I'm just wondering...why TLRD every time?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Wow that's great news! i was going to pledge for a android app of ATS

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans
Just get a computer

Other than that im sure many people will recommend that you get whatever phone they have.

The truth is mobile devices were really just given the internet to do quick searches, none of them really give you the same experience as a computer.

Yeah, I guess I just lost touch of what's really important and I hope we all learned a big lesson today... In the end what really matters is that -static interference- I'm sorry Mrs Panther, we ran some tests and I'm afraid your husband's body is almost 90% Owens-Corning Fiberglass. I'm not even sure how he's still alive... I'm sorry, he's not going to make it.

Yours Truly
Enigmato Maximilian

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dutcheagle
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Wow that's great news! i was going to pledge for a android app of ATS

Hey bud. In case you didn't know, there is an Android app for ATS LIVE, to replay the radio shows I guess. I don't know, I never listen to them or visit the ATS LIVE threads. But if you're interested you may want to check that out.

Sincerely,

Enigmato Maximilian IV
edit on 1/16/2013 by 3n19m470 because: Heeeey! ^^^This guy gets it!!!^^^

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

Yes it is becuase the ads have been placed disporitonatly on the site to force you to click them so they make money. Pretty dishonest in my view but to each their own. Use the mobile site it is alot easier to navigate.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Yes i know i already have that one but thanks for teling
,although it doesnt work on my phone i only see the ATS LIVE logo when i start it up and thats it.In case people wonder i have a LG Optimus L7.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kadmiel

Yes it is becuase the ads have been placed disporitonatly on the site to force you to click them so they make money. Pretty dishonest in my view but to each their own. Use the mobile site it is alot easier to navigate.

Of course that was my first thought too... However I have decided to suspend judgement until further evidence comes forward...if it ever does. SkepticOverlord's reply, I suppose, could appear to be rather ambiguous since no actual details were brought forward. And I suppose I could have given my thread a more sensational title, like "The Great 2013 ATS Cash Grab!!!" to bring more attention, but its just whatever, and I don't have the technical knowhow to really uncover the truth of the matter. Skeptic Overlord could have just as easily razzledazzled me with some technical talk and I would be none the wiser. So pressing the issue would not really accomplish what I want at this point.

What I want at this point? I suppose just public awareness for now. And a few people know now that they are not alone in experiencing this strange phenomena. They can now come out and tell their story for the first time without fear of ridicule or persecution. After all is said and done, I think that is what really matters here. I myself am a living breathing walking testament to the healing power that comes with the simple acknowledgement that you are not alone.

edit on 1/17/2013 by 3n19m470 because: Damn you, Auto-Correct!! The bane of my existence...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

,although it doesnt work on my phone i only see the ATS LIVE logo when i start it up and thats it.In case people wonder i have a LG Optimus L7.

Well, that is certainly odd. I use an HTC Incredible 2, but I am due for an upgrade within the next month. If anyone has suggestions for me, please don't be shy.

I've been eyeing the Incredible 4g I believe its called. The new DNA is much more expensive and while it does have some better things, it also lacks some features the Incredible 4g, and even my Incredible 2,possess.

For example there is no removable storage. Not a huge deal I guess... But why? There were a few other things...

Thanks for your reply! I will have to check out the mobile site to see if it has gotten any better since I last used it... I kinda like seeing the avatars
And other images and videos which i used to notice were not available in the mobile version. Sometimes there would be a link, but sometimes not.

Take care,
Enigmato

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3n19m470

Well, that is certainly odd. I use an HTC Incredible 2, but I am due for an upgrade within the next month. If anyone has suggestions for me, please don't be shy.

I've been eyeing the Incredible 4g I believe its called. The new DNA is much more expensive and while it does have some better things, it also lacks some features the Incredible 4g, and even my Incredible 2,possess.

For example there is no removable storage. Not a huge deal I guess... But why? There were a few other things...

Thanks for your reply! I will have to check out the mobile site to see if it has gotten any better since I last used it... I kinda like seeing the avatars
And other images and videos which i used to notice were not available in the mobile version. Sometimes there would be a link, but sometimes not.

Take care,
Enigmato

I have a suggestion... How bout you take that phone of yours and shove it..... You know where.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Hey, when you fix this, hows about fixing the messages code so you can do messages from an iphone? I suspect it uses flash, because all I get is a blank page.

top topics

join