It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 N-weapons 'aimed at US'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 07:26 PM
link   
LOL, I don't know if I believe this but it's worth reading.

www.news24.com...

Sydney - North Korea has at least 100 nuclear missiles aimed at the United States and will use them if new economic sanctions are imposed against it, a propagandist for the Stalinist state claimed on Sunday.

Kim Myong Chol, who styles himself executive director of the Centre for Korea-American Peace, said: "It's quite obvious North Korea may have minimum 100 nuclear warheads, maximum 300. They all lock onto American cities."

Kim, who rejoices in the title "unofficial spokesman for North Korea", was speaking in an interview recorded by Australia's Channel Nine network overseas, although it was unclear in which country.

He said he was flattered the western media had given him that label adding: "The news magazines call me a spin doctor for North Korea and Kim Jong (President Kim Jong-Il). It's an honourable title for me."

Asked if North Korea intended to use the weapons if the United States did not give in to its current demands he replied: "If the US attacks North Korea, North Korea will definitely use those nuclear weapons against the US mainland".

Would it also use them if an economic embargo was imposed?

"Yes, definitely," he said. "North Korea will use those nuclear weapons against the US mainland if America imposes additional economic sanctions on North Korea."

Weapons 'not a breach of international agreements'

He claimed the nuclear technology used to make the missiles had been tested in Pakistan and the weapons had been produced before Pyongyang's non- proliferation agreement made with the former US adminstration in 1994.

They had not, therefore, breached international agreements, he maintained.

Told that Pakistan had denied the claim it was implicated, which he had made previously, Kim said: "Of course they must deny that."

He also rejected a charge by Australian Foreign Minister Alexander Downer last week that an official of North Korea's ruling political party was aboard a North Korean ship accused of smuggling heroin to Australia.

The freighter, Pong Su, was boarded and seized by Australian special forces troops on April 20 after a chase which began when it allegedly unloaded the heroin off southeastern Australia five days previously.

Some 26 North Korean crew remain in custody charged with helping import 50kg of pure heroin into Australia.

"I'm afraid the Australian Foreign Minister is entirely wrong," Kim said.

"The ship may be a North Korean ship, the strong likelihood is that the ship was simply used by some evil forces to traffic heroin. This doesn't mean the North Korean government was involved here."

He claimed the person on board described by Downer as an official of the Workers Party of Korea was not an official, although he may have been a party member as one in 20 North Koreans are members of the party.

He also maintained that no-one had produced any hard evidence that the North Korean government was involved in the traffic of drugs or narcotics.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Info
LOL, I don't know if I believe this but it's worth reading.

www.news24.com...

"...a propagandist for the Stalinist state claimed on Sunday."

Enough said.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I saw this interview and this Stalinist sopkesman had so many contradictions in his statement that it was hard to understand exactly what he was saying.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Yes, this is drivel of drivel, isn't it? Still, I don't see NK rushing to deny it.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 12:14 AM
link   
The great thing about NK of course is that it is so completely sealed-off and isolated that one claim almost anything about it.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Whether or not North korea has 300 nukes isnt the real concern. The point is, North Koreas nukes are of such shoddy quality, would any of them be capable of crossing the pacific? Its like the difference between a beat up pinto and a spiffy new Lexus. Both are cars capable of driving cross country, question is, which one has a better chance of making it? Our nukes are far more sophisticated and tried, thiers are bordering on garage made out of the anarchist cookbook second rate nukes. The only country that had even a match for our nukes was Russia.

Speaking of which, where are Russias nukes now?

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 02:46 AM
link   
You are right Skadi, NK nukes are untested. They may well have a working nuclear weapon but it is another generation of technology to mate a warhead with an ICBM.

If you believed their ' unofficial ' spokesman on Channel 9, they tested a nuke in Pakistan during their series if testing. However Pakistan strenuously denies this.
What may have happened is a Pakistani weapon was tested but was designed in North Korea.

The Chinese unfortunately are progressing rapidly in their strategic buildup. Their missiles are gradually becoming more and more sophisticated as well as warhead design. We can thank Clinton for this.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Darned thing about nukes is that they are more complex than HE. If the U.S. launched 100 missiles, you might be amazed at the number of warheads that didn't detonate.

Another thing is how avionics equipment has a way of going bad when it sits unused. This goes against both sides, of course. I imagine (hope) the western world has more time and insight and replaces components on a scheduled basis.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 05:23 AM
link   
To the best of my knowledge, Thomas, no one has ever exploded more than one airborne nuclear bomb at a time.
I wonder if the emissions from the first might not damage the second and third etc.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 08:24 AM
link   
"North Korea has at least 100 nuclear missiles aimed at the United States "

Only in Kim's delusions....

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Speaking of which, where are Russias nukes now?

From a educated guess, I would place that into the hands of the Chinese. It was in china that ALOT of Soviet
weapons trickled down to the other countries. Starting with N. Viet.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 10:02 AM
link   
to keep them out of others' hands...

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Both you guys are right: We and China probably got quite a few of Russias nukes. China is indeed in possesion of some frighteing stuff, yes, thanks to traitor clinton. China is the next forseeable super power. They already have the military part down, now all they need is the economic part, which is still in its infancy, and they become pretty damn frightening.

Clinton did sell us out to china. Its funny, Bush and clinton are the same president, facing opposite directions. Clinton was a sociopath who turned his destructive tendancies on the american people. ( White water, Filegate, Chinagate, Waco, ruby ridge, Eliam) while negelcting critical issues overseas. Bush is a sociopath who is turning his destruction outwards on the world (Iraq, afghanistan, rift with europe, and tenatively, Iran and Syria, maybe north Korea).

As i watched the Iraqis cheer the downfall of saddam, a thought intruded without prompting: who, now, will liberate us? Who out there will save america from a string of evil, shadowy, traitorous leaders? When is our D-Day going to come? How can you liberate a nation whose sociopath in charge changes every 4 years?

My only answer: American people, if they ever break the media, TV, and complacancy spell and realize the very ideals of individualism, self sufficency, and right to be are becoming eroded chunk by chunk every day. There is no one in the world to save america because no one in the world cares about us, the actual people here who suffer the results of psychotic rulers and a sick decline into oblivion.

America, we must be our own heros.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Let NK keep running its mouth and its threats. They know, as well as the rest of us know, that if they start a war with the US that will be the end of their country. The North Korean's are afraid of us, notice how that NK leader (don't remember his name, Polywang? or something) went into a state of hiding after we launched 40 Tomahawks at the "surgical target" of Sad'am? I think they will think twice before getting into a war with us.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 08:04 PM
link   
It sounds to me like there isn't any hard evidence being presented on either side of the debate. However, Kim Jong Il himself has stated that he was confident that NK would win in a war against the US, as well as stating that the US isn't the only ones who can make a pre-emptive strike.

I think it would be very dangerous, from a political perspective, to shrug off the threat.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   
A guy who claims to have a 100 nukes is threatening one with more than a thousand.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Estragon
To the best of my knowledge, Thomas, no one has ever exploded more than one airborne nuclear bomb at a time.
I wonder if the emissions from the first might not damage the second and third etc.

I know the US has done extensive research on the timing of warheads on target. When a target has multiple warheads assigned the detonation intervals have to be staggered. This is because after the 1st explosion other warheads would be subjected to a massive updraft, possibly pushing the next warhead off target. This is especially important for targets that require a surface detonation ( ie. silo ).

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   
"However, Kim Jong Il himself has stated that he was confident that NK would win in a war against the US, as well as stating that the US isn't the only ones who can make a pre-emptive strike"

Didn't someone else say something similar? Who was it now? Sada something? No, No, Saddam...yeah, that's it...So Damn Insane said that too!

new topics

top topics

join