It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS POP3 Account Login Problems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Does anyone else have an abovetopsecret.com POP3 account? Have you been having login problems for the past week or two? Well, I cannot log into my account. I'm told my username or password isn't valid. That cannot be. They're the same they've always been. I've e-mailed Simon twice now asking about the problem, but have heard nothing back from him. Simon, might you be here? Could you please advise?

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 06:15 PM
link   
ATS has moved to a new server, and all the old e-mail accounts as well. However, it's impossible to move existing passwords due to the differences in the two servers.

Your new password was e-mailed to you about three weeks ago in anticipation of the new server change. The e-mail also included the log-in changes which are:

Login Name: "[email protected]"
Password: ##yourpassword##

Send me a U2U if you're still having trouble.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   
William, thanks for the quick reply. I never received the new account information. It was likely a false positive due to spam filtering. As for a U2U, I seem unable to send whatever that's supposed to be. I click. Nothing happens except for the same page I'm viewing opening again in a new window.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 06:58 PM
link   
You must have an aggressive pop-up blocker on your system preventing the use of the U2U feature.

Send me an e-mail: [email protected] and I'll send you the new password.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 07:20 PM
link   
...for some reason the same thing happens when I disable it. FWIW, I've not had the problem elsewhere. And, pointing to the U2U link at the bottom of your posting reveals: "Shortcut to post.php?tid=917#." That doesn't seem to be calling for a pop-up. But thank you, I'll e-mail you immediately.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 07:23 PM
link   
What browser are you using? So far, you're the only user I know of who has this complaint.

I already sent the information to the hotmail account you used to register for ATS. Let me know if everything works okay.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Internet Explorer (version 6.0.2800.1106). Also, everything is [theoretically] fully updated on my system. And I may have gotten it wrong before, but now I see, "Shortcut to viewthread.php?tid=9171&pid=83573#," when I point to the U2U icon at the bottom of your posting.

Thank you!

Moments later...but this is weird--I receive notifications about replies to these postings, but the e-mail you sent with the password has apparently slipped into another void. Could you please send it to the other addresses I provided in my e-mail? It should show up somewhere.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   
What happens when you click on "U2U" in the top menu bar on the site.

You are seeing the correct link in the U2U button.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 08:02 PM
link   
...the new password has been received and my login problems are resolved.

When I click on the U2U link at the top of the page, the same thing happens as before--the page I'm currently viewing merely duplicates itself in a new window.

top topics

join