It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Private companies to run probation services

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
So we have a probation service that does probationary work for offenders leaving prison, but the UK government wants to pay someone else to do their job. It makes no sense outside of TPTBs agenda.

www.politicshome.com...

What is the point of this initiative if Grayling himself admits it won't really reduce re-offending much in the short term. When has privatisation EVER produced better results in th UK? Well it never has.

This reminds me of the recent privatisation of job centre responsibilities. The job centre does a necessary job of finding people work. It's not perfect but has lots of resources, knowledge and contacts. But the plan is to usurp their role and pay private companies thousands for each person they can get into work and remain in work for 6 months.

It aso reminds me of the 'free schools' initiative, where schools are privately built and run without the requirement to follow a national curriculum. They are really 'school to work' production lines that won't educate but instead will produce little drones only capable of the job they were tained for. But it gets worse, not enough of these shools have been created so the government is now going to build them and then hand them over to a private company.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Other sources

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.guardian.co.uk...

www.guardian.co.uk...

This is madness. Every time part of the prison/criminal justice system has been privatised its ended in tears.

Privatised prisons led to prisoners going AWOL.

Privatised electronic tagging led to widespread abuse of the sytem with no response from the tagging comanies.

I aso seem to remember privatised prisoner transport companies led to escapes.

So I have no confidence that privatising this will reduce offending. The reverse will probably happen as the private companies fail to do their jobs properly.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
These privatisation schemes are a scam of the ruling elite to get control of the service because they already have control of resources and manufacturing.
The ripping off never stops, or even slows down,
The members get paid off when they retire from parliament....
They get plum jobs and contributions to their private foundations which pay them hefty stipends...
There is not much more to be ripped from the people however, and the gov boys are busy selling off what they can to feather their nests.....
Crony capitalism at its worst.

join