It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is Christianity monotheistic?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 01:03 AM
link   
What's adhominid? Does it have anything to do with "argumentum adhominid" cause I know wht that is. But anyway, krossfyter is right: Religion cannot be analized with logic.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by omega1
If you are so sure of yourself another one....Where do you suppose the trinity arose to be worshiped if it is not in the bible(which it is). Spontaneous Generation?

look out for those who qoute the bible and believes some qoutes but yet thinks its corrpupt.

lol

to hypocritical right!!

messed up.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 01:07 AM
link   
what you mean krosstfyre???

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I dont know about the bible having a specific sentence mentioning the trinity.....but it certainly mentions the three parts of it in the bible.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 11:55 AM
link   
"perhaps a basic understanding of the multi dimensional aspect of God can help you out in understanding the trinity better. if you reject it.... thats resistance and that doesnt help in trying to find out the truth on your own."

Ah, but you see...you're still avoiding the other facets to this. First, let me then grant you (for argument's sake) that the Trinity is one deity. There...done, (that takes care of Jesus and God, the demigod argument, etc.). We still have Satan to consider, as well as the heirarchy of Angels and Demons which don't factor into the Trinity. Any way you slice it, you're still looking at a polytheistic religion... The point of the thread, is to point out that many Christians think of themselves as worshipping one God, when in fact, they are acknowledging an entire Pantheon...much like ancient Romans, Greeks, and Egyptians.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Would God wash the feet of a man.

John 13:12-17

So when he had washed their feer, taken His garments, and sat down again, He said to them, "Do you know what I have done to you? You call me Teahers and Lord, and you say well, for so I am. If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet. For I have given you an example, thatyou should do as I have done to you. Most assuredlt, I say to you, a servent is not greater than his master; Nor is he who is sent greater than he who sent him. If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them.

Jesus ( which was his title, some say his name was Yosha bin Yosuf) was humbling himself right here.

[Edited on 7-5-2003 by abstract_alao]

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

They certainly don't consider it polytheistic...which it is. Heck, it's almost a veritable Pantheon....

I'm sorry, if this Christian of 30 years, and one who has taken the time to not just be a "Christian" (said in a airheaded, non reading manner) but actually read and study, pray and get the guidance of the Holy Spirit, doesn't seem to care what a nonChristian thinks of me and my understanding, too bad.
The reason why I don't seem to care because I don't. You think you are going to look in and tell me? You think that you, a mere human, is going to contradict anything the Holy Spirit has led me to understand?

You have much bigger fish to fry to stand around why I am so stupid as to not understand my relationship with God the way you think I should, do you understand that?

Clear enough, Abstract?

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

Originally posted by Gazrok

They certainly don't consider it polytheistic...which it is. Heck, it's almost a veritable Pantheon....

I'm sorry, if this Christian of 30 years, and one who has taken the time to not just be a "Christian" (said in a airheaded, non reading manner) but actually read and study, pray and get the guidance of the Holy Spirit, doesn't seem to care what a nonChristian thinks of me and my understanding, too bad.
The reason why I don't seem to care because I don't. You think you are going to look in and tell me? You think that you, a mere human, is going to contradict anything the Holy Spirit has led me to understand?

You have much bigger fish to fry to stand around why I am so stupid as to not understand my relationship with God the way you think I should, do you understand that?

Clear enough, Abstract?

Chavez, you are wrong.

There is no Holy Spirit, the trinity is man-made.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by krossfyter

"Third, there is no logical reason to deny the possibility that three persons can exist in one God.� Critics may not like it, but it is not a logical impossibility.� God is infinitely complex and we cannot understand His vastness nor simply claim He can't exist in three persons."

Krossfyter, we can also claim that God is a Four-Inity LOL, but a Four-Inity nor a Trinity, is taught in the Bible.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Estragon
As for God in three persons. Well, whether or not it is a "logical possibility" - and I'm not sure what that might mean in this context - is largely beside the point: it is not in the nature of religious faith to be constrained by logic.

God invented logic - therefore I shall use it to find out the truth in religion.

Krossfyter, you are right and I am wrong.

Peace.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by omega1
If you are so sure of yourself another one....Where do you suppose the trinity arose to be worshiped if it is not in the bible(which it is).

Good question, although since it is taught in the Bible, it shouldn't be a problem for you to show me.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 02:32 PM
link   

look out for those who qoute the bible and believes some qoutes but yet thinks its corrpupt.

Lol bro something is really wrong with you. It ******IS****** corrupt, but I quote it to show that what YOU believe in - whether corrupt or not - is WRONG.

to hypocritical right!!

Your religion is very hypocritical, I agree.

messed up.

Very

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   
People like Krossfyter or Helen670 have what you call concrete thinking. They are so wrapped up in what they believe that they will ignore whatever another side points out. lol

Allahu Akbar - God is Great.

Peace.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by abstract_alao
Would God was the feet of a man.

John 13:12-17

So when he had washed their feer, taken His garments, and sat down again, He said to them, "Do you know what I have done to you? You call me Teahers and Lord, and you say well, for so I am. If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet. For I have given you an example, thatyou should do as I have done to you. Most assuredlt, I say to you, a servent is not greater than his master; Nor is he who is sent greater than he who sent him. If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them.

Jesus ( which was his title, some say his name was Yosha bin Yosuf) was humbling himself right here.

whats your point? just curious.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by another_one
People like Krossfyter or Helen670 have what you call concrete thinking. They are so wrapped up in what they believe that they will ignore whatever another side points out. lol

Peace.

like you are any different.

im throwing pearls to swine.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 02:39 PM
link   
WATCH OUT ALL!!

another_one:

a rabid anti christian with an aweful website

a troll.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by another_one

Peace.

like you are any different.

im throwing pearls to swine.

No, I was an atheist, later on christian, but always had an open mind. Always looked what BOTH sides had to say..

I also never ever followed a faith blindly, like someone you might know

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   

WATCH OUT ALL!!

another_one:

a rabid anti christian with an aweful website

a troll.

I don't have a website.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 02:41 PM
link   
watch him deny. predictible.

anyways.. its no use to argue or talk to a troll anyways. and its no use to throw pearls to swine. i know whats up now.

thanks to everyone else on this board who has told me the truth about this guy another_one.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 02:43 PM
link   

watch him deny. predictible.

anyways.. its no use to argue or talk to a troll anyways. and its no use to throw pearls to swine. i know whats up now.

thanks to everyone else on this board who has told me the truth about this guy another_one.

lmao get a life

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join