It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project longevity, another Sandy Hook connection?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I did an ATS search and didn't find anything on this topic yet.

The Huffington Post published this article on November 27th, 2012, Huffington Post

The initiative, known as Project Longevity, will send new federal grant money to Connecticut and involve agents, academics and social workers working for or with the FBI and the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

Federal help for the effort is welcome even if Obama is not making a push to change laws that make guns easily available in much of the country, said Ron Pinciaro, executive director of Connecticut Against Gun Violence.

"The community needs to show a little more outrage on these things and demand that it be a top priority," Pinciaro said. "That will be more useful than another law right now."

It's disturbing to read this article knowing that it was published just 2 1/2 weeks before the Sandy Hook fiasco. Now we know that there was federal money going into Connecticut for gun related programs. Attorney General Eric Holder is even part of this program, which should scare the daylights out of people!

U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder and Connecticut Governor Dan Malloy are scheduled to discuss the plans at a news conference in New Haven, Connecticut, at 11 a.m. (1600 GMT).

Scary stuff ATS, the Sandy Hook official story never sat well with me, something just didn't sit right in my gut. The more and more that comes out with this ever crumbling narrative just reinforces my original gut instinct. What do you think ATS, just another case of coincidence, or is the crap pile of lies starting to really become unbearable?
edit on 7-1-2013 by jaws1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jaws1975

Well, it certainly tells me they were sitting there, poised and ready to rock and roll the MOMENT another major public shooting happened anywhere with high profile. They were caught flat footed with Aurora and weren't ready to exploit it to the max. They corrected that error and were just raring to go this time. As we saw, the push came within days.

Never let a crisis go to waste..it's been said. Indeed...no matter how cold or mercenary that may have to be apparently.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Well, it certainly tells me they were sitting there, poised and ready to rock and roll the MOMENT another major public shooting happened anywhere with high profile. They were caught flat footed with Aurora and weren't ready to exploit it to the max. They corrected that error and were just raring to go this time. As we saw, the push came within days.

Never let a crisis go to waste..it's been said. Indeed...no matter how cold or mercenary that may have to be apparently.

I think Aurora went down just as they planned. Now it's at the top of the news again and ready for the gun control fight. It's just too perfect.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Your right they were all too ready, and I will concede that this is a non story if it comes out that there were many states that were getting this same type of "readiness"! But, what if Connecticut was the only one, what does that mean, will the skeptics chalk it up to coincidence once again? Honest question.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

If you've seen my posting on CT Shooting threads .. You likely know how I feel on the whole speculation thing.

Having said that... I'll say that legitimate questions or 'coincidences' are fair enough to look into and let that evidence go where it leads. I'll watch with interest if others pursue it, for as long as it remains rooted in actual facts and events that happened. That's how you've started this, so yes it strikes me as valid enough to see in the overall topic.

I'll tell ya what though, I'm personally waiting for more information in the official side and inevitable civil suits. Criminal has nowhere to go when the criminal is a corpse. However....civil? Oh, a great many truths have come out about things in civil court that never would have seen the light of day under criminal court rules.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

, will the skeptics chalk it up to coincidence once again? Honest question.

Of course, it's ALWAYS coincidence, over and over and over and over and over again.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Project Longevity was aimed toward gang violence.

U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder, Gov. Dannel P. Malloy and David Fein, the top federal prosecutor in Connecticut, said Project Longevity has begun in New Haven and will be expanded to Bridgeport and Hartford

www.theday.com...

Its not even statewide yet. And yes, it has been in other cities:

The program, hailed as successful in reducing violence in other cities such as Chicago and Cincinnati, involves meetings in which authorities, local leaders and social service providers warn those involved in violence it is unacceptable and will be met with clear enforcement consequences. They are offered help, including educational, medical, housing and employment, to transition out of a gang lifestyle.

The strategy, first implemented in Boston in the 1990s, is based on research that found that violence in troubled neighborhoods is caused primarily by a small number of people who are members of street gangs, drug crews and other groups. In New Haven, 19 groups comprised of less than 600 people are responsible for almost all the violent crime, Malloy said.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

The program, hailed as successful in reducing violence in other cities such as Chicago and Cincinnati,

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

2nd

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

The program, hailed as successful in reducing violence in other cities such as Chicago and Cincinnati,

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

2nd

Agreed, Chicago is not exactly a beacon of light, but the point is that it IS employed in other cities. Its not something that was exclusive to Conn. (in fact, it wasnt even statewide in Conn.)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Agreed, it will be interesting to see where they keep this narrative going, can you imagine if they came out and said that there are other shooters involved? They have a lot of questions to answer without running into conflicting evidence. I for one am not going to be as forgiving if they continue to make statements that are later redacted, they should have their crap together by now, that ship has sailed

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Look up Project longevity + Chicago. Or Project longevity and Illinois. Maybe you'll have more luck than me.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

Look up Project longevity + Chicago. Or Project longevity and Illinois. Maybe you'll have more luck than me.

You're looking for the wrong thing. It is labelled 'project longevity' in Conn., but the overall theory/tactic is known as The Group Violence Reduction Strategy.

Project Longevity is based on the Group Violence Reduction Strategy developed by the Center for Crime Prevention and Control at John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York. The research behind the strategy, which was first implemented in Boston as “Operation Ceasefire” in the mid-1990s, has found that violence in troubled neighborhoods is caused predominantly by a small number of people who are members of street gangs, drug crews and other identified groups. These groups, whose members typically constitute less than 0.5 percent of a city’s population, often have little organization, hierarchy or common purpose, and commit violent acts primarily for personal reasons, not to achieve any economic gain or other advantage. The Group Violence Reduction Strategy, which also has been deployed in areas of Chicago, Cincinnati, Providence, R.I., and elsewhere, has resulted in a 40 to 60 percent reduction in group-related homicides in certain neighborhoods. After Project Longevity is established in Hartford and Bridgeport, the program may be deployed in other Connecticut cities if research and data analysis of a city’s homicide rate determine that the model offers an appropriate solution to gun violence .

www.justice.gov...

hope that helps.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Group Violence Reduction Strategy developed by the Center for Crime Prevention and Control at John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York

How does that have anything to do with a thing called Operation Longevity in Connecticut?

October 4, 2010 – John Jay College of Criminal Justice will share with Temple University a grant of $1,000,000 awarded by the U.S. Justice Department’s Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention.
www.jjay.cuny.edu...

Connecticut isn't even mentioned at their site. And Adam Lanza was hardly a juvenile or a delinquent or a gang banger. Moreover, I doubt there were many gangs associated with Sandy Hook Elementary. What's the connection?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Apparently you didnt read the source I provided. I'll quote it again:

Project Longevity is based on the Group Violence Reduction Strategy developed by the Center for Crime Prevention and Control at John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York. The research behind the strategy, which was first implemented in Boston as “Operation Ceasefire” in the mid-1990s

www.justice.gov...

It is BASED on the Group Violence Reduction Strategy. That strategy is the basis behind Project Longevity. I know its your goal to disprove me as often as you can, but this isnt rocket science.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Of course that's what they are going to say, if their intent is for total gun control would they say that this program is directed towards law abiding citizens?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaws1975

Of course that's what they are going to say, if their intent is for total gun control would they say that this program is directed towards law abiding citizens?

Did you bother to read any of the sources I posted? They go into quite a bit of detail about it, how it started, what it was based on. Its also known that it was not a statewide program at this point.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I realize that there have been past gov programs, but the timing for me on this one is too suspect. Like I said before if there is not evidence of similar programs running concurrently in other states, than this is just too big of a coincidence pill for me to swallow.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

reply to post by frazzle

Apparently you didnt read the source I provided. I'll quote it again:

Project Longevity is based on the Group Violence Reduction Strategy developed by the Center for Crime Prevention and Control at John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York. The research behind the strategy, which was first implemented in Boston as “Operation Ceasefire” in the mid-1990s

www.justice.gov...

It is BASED on the Group Violence Reduction Strategy. That strategy is the basis behind Project Longevity. I know its your goal to disprove me as often as you can, but this isnt rocket science.

Sorry to disappoint but disproving you as often as I can is WAAAAy down on my list of goals.

From YOUR link: “Project Longevity,” a comprehensive initiative to reduce gun violence in Connecticut’s major cities."

Again, what does this project have to do with Newtown which is hardly anybody's definition of a major city. Millions of dollars spent, big important committee meetings and high falutin' promises did nothing to prevent this incident. It also won't prevent the next incident.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaws1975

I realize that there have been past gov programs, but the timing for me on this one is too suspect. Like I said before if there is not evidence of similar programs running concurrently in other states, than this is just too big of a coincidence pill for me to swallow.

SO, the fact that it has been used in cities like Chicago, Cincinnati, and Boston doesnt matter, because they werent running at the same time.?

There is plenty of info out there on it, all the way down to WHY they were implementing it in the cities (again, not statewide) that they were. If its a setup, its quite elaborate.

I get it, you all are desperate to find a conspiracy here, but coincidence of timing does not a conspiracy make.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

EXACTLY. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH NEWTOWN. You all seem to miss that fact.

Funded by federal, state and local sources, Project Longevity is being launched initially in three Connecticut cities – New Haven, Hartford and Bridgeport.

(same source as before).

Nothing to do with Newtown whatsoever, so why are we trying to force a connection?

edit on 7-1-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join