It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims and Islam...............

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by William

Originally posted by Netchicken
Dear me I forgot how virtuous and pure Islamic religion is.

To be fair, much of what you describe happened in Christian-dominated countries not much more than 150 years ago. (Salem witch trials anyone?) Many of the cultures you describe are not that much more sophisticated than colonial U.S., and certainly, Islam is not as mature (in age) as Christianity.

Pointing fingers does not lead to understanding.

Go ahead william. Bring some sense to this board

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 03:51 AM
link   
At even a cursory glance of the history of Islam and Christianity one will see that they have both in varying degrees contributed to war, injustice, and inequality.

If either of these religions are to retain any credibility, traditional lines of debate must be abandoned.
This means that both Islam and Christianity must recognize that justification by comparison is an invidious and unproductive exercise completely irrelevant to the human condition at the point where an individuals beliefs are implicit in word and deed.

Islam and Christianity meet on common ground when they confirm what promotes the health and welfare of other and condemn what mitigates against them.

Far more constructive is the assumption that many religions are valid in promoting peace, justice and equality, a triad of principles that every human aspire.

The time is here that scholars and adherants of Islam and Christianity must openly confront this issue and combine their minds and efforts, so that they can effectively promote these three principles in todays world society.

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Further, for one to assume that their religion is superior, and more valid than another is seriously deluded. Yet we find these types in the vanguard of those who desire and preach and actively participate in the struggle for human rights.

Most people who take a stance seem to base their position on purely logical inferences, totally untested by experience or by any other consideration.

I strongly feel that judgement on any religion depends on factors which are far too complex and serious to rest simply on theoritical speculation.

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 04:36 AM
link   
"You have to be an intellectual to believe such nonsense. No ordinary man could be such a fool"-- George Orwell

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Krossfyter look at me , do I look like an ordinary man.

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I must apolagize to you for my remarks sir. I must admit, I do and have read all of your posts. I do respect your beliefs and apparenrly you have a dear love for our God. With all the views that I have and or yours........aside........In the end, I think maybe that God knows our hearts and regardless of what petty things we chose to believe in and share with people and or chose to debate about, I believe we will end up in the same place. Be coll A.O. ..........Believer

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maddas
Krossfyter look at me , do I look like an ordinary man.

i enjoyed your comments. i must be a fool too!

21st century philosophy and moral objectivism through Jesus Christ really do interest me. its a duality war-ing inside of me with the basis of salvation through Christ. its fun.

VzH

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 04:46 AM
link   
If i were God, a God of love, i would not care of the kind of religion of a believer.............

As soon as
1- he pray me,
2- and follow the advices of some of my "messengers" (i mean Abraham, Moise, Jesus , Mahomed.....)....
3- and as he behaves well on Earth...................

I would give paradize to all true believers whatever their religion..................

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by believerinchrist
I truly dont know and wonder what will happen to the souls who dont believe in Jesus Christ. I know Muslims believe he was here and that he was a prophet, but that is so incorrect. I have to believe that in these end times ,wich we are in, that as the bible says.....that the Lord will pour out his spirit on all mankind and your sons and daughters shall prophesy..............

Not to be cynical believer, but if you really want to know how Jesus will look at people in the end of time just read your bible

-Mark 10:18
So Jesus said to him, �Why do you call me good? No one is good but One, that is God.

Matthew 7:21
Not everyone who says to me, Lord Shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father in heaven.22 Many will say to me in that day, lord, lord have we not prophesied in your name cast out demons in your name, and done many wonders in Your name?23 And then I will declare to them, �I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness

If you read what I have highlited in bold you will see clearly that he says that God his father creater of the heavens and the earth is greater then him.

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   
You fools! You argue such inaneness when the Milky Way has been filled with skim milk by those who want to destroy us all!

That's it. I call you all out into the street. Fill your hands in a gesture of futility as I am going to mow you all down! Prepare to be dead weight for pine boxes!

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
You fools! You argue such inaneness when the Milky Way has been filled with skim milk by those who want to destroy us all!

That's it. I call you all out into the street. Fill your hands in a gesture of futility as I am going to mow you all down! Prepare to be dead weight for pine boxes!

If only I was that brave , Thomas...........

Christianity is strong because it is a struggle......
And struggling is a way to the truth...........
God will never leave a man who struggles........
Jesus Christ , through His Earthly life struggled........and we are to except none the less.......
Jesus Christ showed what the times would be like........
The times indeed are living proof today!!!

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

You never cease to amaze me TC

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by abstract_alao

Originally posted by believerinchrist
I truly dont know and wonder what will happen to the souls who dont believe in Jesus Christ. I know Muslims believe he was here and that he was a prophet, but that is so incorrect. I have to believe that in these end times ,wich we are in, that as the bible says.....that the Lord will pour out his spirit on all mankind and your sons and daughters shall prophesy..............

Not to be cynical believer, but if you really want to know how Jesus will look at people in the end of time just read your bible

-Mark 10:18
So Jesus said to him, �Why do you call me good? No one is good but One, that is God.

Matthew 7:21
Not everyone who says to me, Lord Shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father in heaven.22 Many will say to me in that day, lord, lord have we not prophesied in your name cast out demons in your name, and done many wonders in Your name?23 And then I will declare to them, �I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness

If you read what I have highlited in bold you will see clearly that he says that God his father creater of the heavens and the earth is greater then him.
The answers are there for all who care to read...for I know them Abstract. You notice that I never debate with people on these posts that I make, or hardly ever. It is a way of witnessing for the Lord. It brings about feelings and hopefully some belief or wonder of our Lord Jesus Christ for those who so blatantly deny him. Maybe by one of these discussions of ours, one will get a great burden put on his/hers heart as to do something for someone or maybe even themselves accept Christ. Thanks for the post and you werent being cynical. You were speaking truths and truths is what alot of us need to hear/read and then we begin to think about them [hopefully]................Peace Believer

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join