It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Catastrophic conditions': bushfire danger as mercury to hit 45 degrees

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

bellagirl

Originally posted by gort51
This is Summer in Australia...and all the Southern Hemisphere.

Every year people say the same thing.....Its so hot....etc etc.

Every year there are bushfires in all states.....it happens, it will continue to happen until the sky falls down.

When winter comes people will still complain......OOooo its so cold, I hate the cold........

Luckily we dont have winters like Europe, Russia, Canada etc.

Luckily we dont have summers like Arabia and the Arab gulf (gets to 50C).

Will people ever stop complaining??.

you may need to go back and re-read this thread.

you will see that no where does it mention that its "not normal"...."climate change"..."end of the world" etc.

it was simply a thread to get the warning out that the conditions of today are dangerous.

this thread was started before the saturation media coverage of the last 12 hours. it was more a "heads up" of what was coming our way and to give people time to get ready for the heat and prepare if you are in a bushfire area...of which i am.

Actually, we're headed for one of the hottest years on record, with quite a few recent years also having overly warm conditions. I follow the weather and climate quite closely, and we do in fact seem to be witnessing a changing climate (and not a cooler one either).

I heard said just last week that if 'warming' is not limited to 2 degrees, by something like 2045 the point will be reached where our most extreme summer conditions will become quite normal (probably misquoted something somewhere here) conditions down under.

I know that 'climate change' is a controversial topic on ATS, but from my own personal observationss of what has been predicted (now using something like the 27th most powerful supercomputer on the planet) ,assuming that global warming is real, and what appears to have actually happened over the last 15 years, there looks to be a definite correlation.

Regarding 2013 as a record year for heat in Oz:

phys.org...

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join