It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prince Harry - Accusations of him being a drunken warrior 'hunter' of innocent Afghans during Chri

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
RE:
cnews.canoe.ca...

then later sanitized to:

news.nationalpost.com...

I am surprised no one has mentioned this since it has been news most of the day and I have two comments:

I did hear that Harry had some 'kills' Christmas Eve or or about and my initial thoughts were that don't most soldiers with integrity avoid conflict or have a mutal 'cease fire' during the hours of 'Christmas'?? www.telegraph.co.uk...

Who else is considering that this man is ...just having a good time over there because perhaps hunting on grandma's estate became too dull?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dianashay

If any of this is true, hes a sick man who needs to seek serious professional help. Not to mention the possibility of a court martial. But he's "royalty" so the rules dont apply to him.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I have always thought that he was just doing all that for fun. Given who the Royals are, what they do and represent, it's pretty obvious he isn't going on peace missions and trying to change the world for the better good. He's like a child playing a video game, except he's rich and powerful and his family rules the world so he gets to do it for real.

I have this image in my head of him pouting and begging his family members to let him shoot some people in the chopper. "Oh please mommy! Let me just shoot a few people from the chopper! Just one mission!" Of course, the sheep think he is some kind of brave hero, being a royal and active in the military. In reality, is a cold blooded nutcase.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JarheadFidelis

If any of this is true, hes a sick man who needs to seek serious professional help. Not to mention the possibility of a court martial. But he's "royalty" so the rules dont apply to him.

It says he was called into a "rescue" mission where his fellow soldiers were being attacked.

What should be do? Say "woah, hold on! cease fire! it's christmas?"..

These were most likely insurgents whom are Muslim.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
From the link:

The U.S. State Department lists Hekmatyar as a ”terrorist“ for supporting attacks by Islamist Taliban and al Qaeda insurgents

Britain’s Ministry of Defence dismissed his remarks. ”It is nonsense to suggest that any British pilot would be drunk in charge of their aircraft,“

I do not support the constitutional monarchy in the UK and I do not support the British military incursions in Afghanistan, but sticking solely to the OP, it all seems to be an unsubstantiated political rant by one man so I shall therefore dismiss it as a sidetrack to the greater problems in the Middle East.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
everyone should fight wars with bare hands. Those are real heroes, who rely on themselves to fight. not easy one shot kills or spraying like a retard hoping to hit something.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Ha,haah,ha,hahaaaaa,ha,ha.Wait,wait.Are you actually taking the word of a"warlord" that a serving UK public figure ,climbed into an APACHE helicopter,While intoxicated and actually got up that way and executed a mission?
Apaches are harder to fly than F22s physically,was the copilot also ripped?
Wow, that is beyond ridiculous.

edit on 2-1-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Merlin Lawndart

I am also apt to thinking that all of his unit are special forces designed to let him play, guard him at all cost and allow him free 'reign' to do as he chooses.

If only all of our/your sons, fathers, daughters or mothers in the armed forces had their own personal 'guardian devils' to babysit them. I don't see any reason for any member of an elite, rich, royal family to even serve in the military (especially on frontline war duty) at all except for the pure enjoyment of it. Who would do so sanely?? really? If you were the richest famiy on earth..would you risk your life as such? Hell no, you OWN people/soldiers who PAY (even worse) taxes out of their military salaries to do so. What else is in it for him except for the thrill?? If he was any other 28 year old he certainly wouldn't be called a 'commander' of jack-chit let alone Top Gun of any unit. He truly needs to grow a soul and his mother is surely turning in her grave from this behavior.

*and in regards to taking the words of a 'warlord' seriously, well all I can say about that is if it isn't taken seriously then why is it on the front page of the Telegraph? I wasn't the one who wrote or printed the story, the point is that someone thought the public had the right to know what the enemy thinks of having royals amoung the infantry. The same way most of us would feel...aka that it is all for sport.

edit on 2-1-2013 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Donahue

Please enlighten us to your experince in war, some of us have had to face real war, real guns, blood guts and everything not some video game. Your input would be interesting.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Donahue

You first.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

my intention was not to start a war with some vets. clearly, my bad.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

In case you didnt notice from my screen name- Im a former Marine. I saw combat. Lots of it. I was simply stating that if he is breaking the rules of engagement and the Geneva convention, he needs to be dealt with and his issues need to be addressed.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

It would not suprise me at all.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dianashay
I don't see any reason for any member of an elite, rich, royal family to even serve in the military (especially on frontline war duty) at all except for the pure enjoyment of it. Who would do so sanely?? really?

So, are you suggesting that all the non 'royal' members of the armed forces only join up for the money, or lack of other employment opportunities?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
We use Harry for propaganda and so do the Taliban. Whatever works to get your people on side.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
saw this the other day...
'Prince Harry kills Taliban chief
Hero prince in missile strike on commander'

www.thesun.co.uk...

The 28-year-old gunship co-pilot was called on to unleash a missile strike to eliminate a senior terror leader.

The Sun understands the decisive strike occurred in late October during a partnered patrol with Afghan troops hunting the Taliban chief.

i thought that a brit would post this to ATS?
no? go figure.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinhattribunal

i thought that a brit would post this to ATS?
no? go figure.

I'm curious what do you assume by that comment then?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
A HELOCOPTER! Flying a HELOCOPTER while drunk? I couldn't aim a TOW missile on the ground if I was THAT drunk.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
A HELOCOPTER! Flying a HELOCOPTER while drunk? I couldn't aim a TOW missile on the ground if I was THAT drunk.

Yeah, kind of lame the number of posters who buy the testimony of an afghan 'warlord' before the MOD who in these tight economic times would really not want to risk an Apache getting lost due to intoxication of the pilots.

...as previously stated, to prevent silly flaming, I do not support the UK constitutional monarchy, or the UK military policy of incursion in Afghanistan.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Donahue

War is so very ugly I wouldn't see hitler go through it and suffer for what he had done,it's scary and always there to grab anyone who forgets what it is,or who wants it. So you can understand when some one suggests a romantic notion,why we would rebuke such a statement.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join