It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Used Car Warning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Used Car Warning

www.weather.com

Looks like Sandys used cars are getting ready for auction
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 2-1-2013 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Keep your eyes open if your looking for a GOOD used car. I think i bought a truck that was in a flood several years ago. It was a good deal but sand kept coming out from under the dash and when summer hit it stunk to high heaven inside . finally gave it away because it stunk so bad kinda like puke.

Just a friendly FYI

www.weather.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Your kidding right?

If not.. Ta for that bit of info. Certainly won't be buying a car from there.

Don't like stinky cars full of salt water.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Maybe you should have contacted experts in cleaning cars? Y'know, like some do after a murder is committed and the corpse rots in it?

But in this case, it is tiny corpses from the sea... I'm pretty sure someone could have removed those odors.

www.wikihow.com... Part 6 relates somehow to the problem you had.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mikell

On Long Island, NY, I have seen numerous cars towed starting about a week after we got the power restored. Many, many cars towed round the clock. All with the interior all fogged up, or literally dripping from the condensation inside the car. I saw some really nice cars (collector’s type) and some really nice worked up motorcycles. Unfortunately all are totaled.

The towing operators were making an absolute killing towing as many cars, as fast as they could (with no regard for the towed cars) and bringing them to a staging area in Suffolk County for resolution at auction. Some will be resold as spare parts, some as scrap metal, and others will just never sell (they are too far gone.)

Aside of the interior smelling like sea water, there is the corrosion that salt water causes. It chews up steel much faster than salt on a snow covered road way does. That may be the primary reason these cars are being totaled.

Please get the car fax report before buying ANY used car in the tri-state area.

-E2

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I think the truck I bought was from a flood in Tennessee or Kentucky I was never really ever able to figure anything more than that out but it REEKED in the sun and the windows steamed up if I left them shut in the sun. I had it about 6 months. And yes it is a warning to WATCH OUT WHEN BUYING a used car for the next 6 months or so kind of a public service announcement
edit on 2-1-2013 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The rule of thumb on flood cars is if the water level reach's the radio level it is a total loss. If it does not reach that level but the interior/carpet is not removed quickly moisture will condensate and seep into relays/modules/fuse block and corrode. This will cause electrical glitch's over time. As far as odor goes, you can buy new newspapers and wad each sheet into a ball and fill the inside of the car up with the windows closed,leave it that way for a week. The ink in the newspaper dries up and pulls the odors into it.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Another FYI. "flood" titled cars, can be "repaired" by registering them in certain states, where a new "clean" title is issued and then when they return to market, their "flood" title is no longer existent.

I believe PA is a state which can cleanse bad titles. Beware.

I offer a tidbit: money.msn.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I hear now theres a way they can get a mechanics title for them to hide the issues

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
you may have bought a car flooded in 'Katrina'

they were salvaging them and reselling [turning] those P.O.S.'s

new topics

top topics

join