It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scary Early Voting Account

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
ONce again man i am not being partisan in any way! IM a concered citizen tryin to give my account to everyone.

BTW it is required by law to show your id if you are a first time voter. SO ea we have teh laws in place we just arent following them.

The thing is, you should always be required to show your ID to prove that you are who you say you are. Maybe we need to move to a new form of identification like retina scans or something, and automate the process, there is too much room for human error nowadays. I doubt many of the staff - if they even check the id - verify the picture on the card (assuming it's a drivers license) with the person handing it to them. It's all messed up. This scenario also demonstrates the need for a national ID card. Not everybody has a driver's license, so how the hell can they even be verified against a picture.

-Attero

[edit on 26-10-2004 by Attero Auctorita]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Well you are right. They should be checked but i think goin into the relm of retnal scanning and like a national id is pretty scary in my opinion. Maybe this:

You register whenever you go get a drivers license.

Cant get a drivers license pay a nominal fee and get a state id.

Most state id's have bar code readers now. Scan teh id when you vote

It give you a picture of teh person to match the idea and compare to the person. THen it eleminates that person from the voting database.

Really really simple. Make it electronically impossible to vote without their id.

I do not see why anyone would be against this. Heeck once again i think we should have voter compentacy test

HAHAH not spelling tho i would fail.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Actually a correction. Due to NC state law the polling places cannot check id unless the computer tells them to.

They are only required to show id if you are a newly registed voter but if you registered at the dmv or teh board of election they will not check your id.

Everyone knows what that means. YOu can say you are whoever you want to be as long as you know there address.

Man this pisses me off. Im calling my state senator right now.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Well you are right. They should be checked but i think goin into the relm of retnal scanning and like a national id is pretty scary in my opinion. Maybe this:

You register whenever you go get a drivers license.

Cant get a drivers license pay a nominal fee and get a state id.

Most state id's have bar code readers now. Scan teh id when you vote

It give you a picture of teh person to match the idea and compare to the person. THen it eleminates that person from the voting database.

Really really simple. Make it electronically impossible to vote without their id.

I do not see why anyone would be against this. Heeck once again i think we should have voter compentacy test

HAHAH not spelling tho i would fail.

I really don't understand why having a national ID scares people, it's really not that much different than a driver's license. Heck, we could even incorporate driver's licenses into national ID's and have one card. At this point in time, how can you identify someone who doesn't have a driver's license in their wallet?

Actually a correction. Due to NC state law the polling places cannot check id unless the computer tells them to.

They are only required to show id if you are a newly registed voter but if you registered at the dmv or teh board of election they will not check your id.

Everyone knows what that means. YOu can say you are whoever you want to be as long as you know there address.

Man this pisses me off. Im calling my state senator right now.

That is really really backwards. I do not see how they could be allowed not to check ID! This shouldn't even be an issue, how the heck could our government screw this up so badly?!

-Attero

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Attero Auctorita

That is really really backwards. I do not see how they could be allowed not to check ID! This shouldn't even be an issue, how the heck could our government screw this up so badly?!

-Attero

ITs not the national government it is the corrupt state government who benefit from election fraud.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Wonderful. To not ask for ID before one votes is insane. You should have to provide your voter's registration card and your driver's license before you vote.

I bet that there were people that voted multiple times, that there were teenagers under 18 voting, and that there were illegal aliens voting.

In a worst case scenario, the 2004 election could make the 2000 election look like a warm up. What if, instead of just one state this time, there are challenges in a dozen states all at the same time?

What I find amusing is that the Democrats accuse the Republicans of trying to rig the election, and the Republicans accuse the Democrats of trying to rig the election. Maybe they're both rigging it at the same time, in different places, in different ways? Maybe the fact that they're keeping an eye on each other is preventing any rigging from going on, and other than stupid voting practices, everything is remaining legit?

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 06:07 AM
link   
WEll the really bad thing is here in NC that law has been on the books for awhile so who knows how many fraudulant votes have been passed.

IM goin to find some data and formulate a letter and send it to couple state legislators i know.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
To imply that this challenging of the process is a GOP scheme to disenfranchise voters is truly ridiculous.
Since the fraud is most prevalent in the battleground states, that's where the challengers are spending their time. Makes sense.
You must have a picture of Terry McAuliffe taped on the ceiling above your bed, BT, and a speed dial to the daily Dummy talking points.
Tell me, is he shirtless also?
Just kidding, now... your avatars don't mean a thing.

Spoken like a man whose had his azz handed to him frequently for popping off partisan nonsense!

FACT: Voter Suppression is a critical RNC move in this election, even more so than in 2000. Why? New registrations are up 1000% in some areas. We have two questions here to be weighed: "Are Americans finally registering & getting out to vote in the numbers they should be due to their disapproval or rabid support on how our nations affairs are being handled?" OR "Are big percentages of those registered actually trying to scam the system?"
I know too many people motivated, zealously, to vote for the first time to believe that latter argument.
We have had Democratic voter registrations destroyed in Oregon, Claifornia, Florida & Ohio by evidenced in a quick Google news portal search.
National Papers speak regularly of the Republican plan to put "challengers" at Ohio polling places. Now those "altruistic" GOPers are just making "sure" people are legit, right? It would have nothing to do with slowing down the process so hideously that new voters just turn around & go home!?!?

Let's see:
Though Election Day does not formally arrive until Tuesday, nine days of early voting have produced their own problems, offering a glimpse into what could lie ahead in a contest that yet again appears narrowly divided. Lines have moved so slowly on new touch-screen voting machines that only six votes per hour are being cast in parts of South Florida, a troubling ratio for next week's expected crush of voters.
Chicago Tribune
High Voter turnout = Democratic Victory. That's why the GOP is feigning process sincerity.

But wait....didn't the newly Supreme Court installed president vow to set things right in 2004 that were wrong in 2000!?!?

Yes, he did, when he signed with super bluster & fanfare the Help America Vote Act. But, in typical Bush fashion of talking out of his azz, big promises were made & a crumb of the monies were funded! Bush said, "�Every registered voter deserves to have confidence that the system is fair and elections are honest, that every vote is recorded, and that the rules are consistently applied.�
But all that happened was this: the bill set aside $4B over five years; Bush set aside only $60M in his most recent budget. Of that, naturally, the lions share went to crony contractors like Diebold, whose touch screen machines have been refused certification in some forward thinking areas, and "certified" in Republican ones. Yet, the people who know this medium, have slammed Diebold for such faulty & insecure machinery. A organization I used to belong to, the Association for Computer Machinery, is particularly critical.

So here we are: The GOP challenging battleground voters after their president, who would have clearly won with low voter turnout, hobbles at the knees needed reforms to make sure "chads"&"receipts"&"paper trails" &"voter rolls"were not issues in this election. I mean hell, even most Republicans on this board conceded a paper trail & shared source code were valid and reasonable safeguards against tampering.

As a reminder, I'm not a Democrat: John Kerry is the only valid choice to lead America out of the hole we're in, that's why I'm championing his platform & presidency. I think both party chairs should be brought outside & shot: Mcauliffe is a used car salesman & Ed Gillespie needs to be beaten around the neck & shoulders with a steel pipe for being such a wanton & obvious whore.
I don't take any offense at your closested man-lust of my avatar....I've grown accustomed to it in real life already, so the electronic ether version is old hat!

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The slow voting in Florida can just as easily be blamed on the machines. What evidence do you have that it is the Republicans and not the Democrats that are causing the slowdown, or that either of them are responsible?

Why don't you address issues such as this?

Ohio Gov. Taft: Four Counties Have More Registrants than Eligible Voters

Appearing on CNN's American Morning program Tuesday, Ohio's Republican Governor Bob Taft painted a disturbing picture of widespread vote fraud in his state.

Taft told CNN's Bill Hemmer that in four Ohio counties, more people have registered to vote than live in those counties and are of voting age.

"We have four counties where you have more voters registered than you have 18 and over population," Taft said.
:
"A lot of these voters don't have addresses," he said of the new registrations. "When they send the postcard out to them, after they register, that comes back undeliverable. You're talking about thousands of cases like that all across the State of Ohio."

In Cleveland yesterday, a man who had been certified as dead for over twenty years registered to vote.

The Democrats are attempting to steal the election, with countless cases of fraud such as this. You will never admit that the Dems would do this, but you are always the first to jump on the GOP for everything. Why bother?

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juanita
I posted a thread on whether or not your vote will count.
I think you should find the thread and check out the link. It talks about registrations being torn up and the like.

well i think i will care more about voting when they use the popular vote (thats the real number of votes) instead of the current setup

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by genesiss
[well i think i will care more about voting when they use the popular vote (thats the real number of votes) instead of the current setup

I like the idea of proportional electoral votes; if you win 80% of a state's popular vote, you get 80% of their electoral votes. This winner takes all system we currently use is not quite fair.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

The Democrats are attempting to steal the election, with countless cases of fraud such as this. You will never admit that the Dems would do this, but you are always the first to jump on the GOP for everything. Why bother?

It's fair to say that the Republican Govenor of Ohio, who is a close friend & frequent daise squatter with the Chairman of the Ohio Republican Party, Wally O'Dell, might happen to be in on it? Oh yeah, Wally is also CEO of Diebold Electronic Voting Systems.
Last summer, Diebold�s chief executive, Walden (Wally) O�Dell�himself a Bush-Cheney Pioneer, with more than $100,000 in contributions collected�caused a stir by sending out an invitation to a fund-raising event in which he said he was "committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes" to Bush in the November presidential election.

NY Observer

You see, I will gladly slam Democrats as soon as you show me minor-degree-of-seperation-evidence that they are in bed with underhanded dealings like the Republicans.
Why do the Republican things cover a govenor, state party chairman, and a cadre of Katherine Harris type GOP officials!?! Bush wouldn't have a chance in Ohio this year or Florida in 2000 if complicit Republicans were not in on the fraud.

I've seen this, have you? : The FBI and state officials are reviewing comments by Eric Russell, a former employee of Voter Outreach of America, who claims to have witnessed supervisors throwing away Democrats' voter registration forms.

Destruction of the forms is a federal crime, according to Clark County attorneys.

"We are gathering preliminary information and we'll discuss that information with the U.S. Attorney," said FBI Special Agent David Schrom. "Based on what his guidance is, we'll see whether there is a potential federal violation and whether we can initiate an investigation."

"I didn't think it was right to register Republicans when there are others out there that should also be allowed the opportunity to register," Russell said Wednesday. A supervisor "right in front of me was tearing up the Democratic registration forms."

A Chandler, Ariz., political consulting firm, Sproul & Associates, was hired by the Republican National Committee to register Republicans in Nevada, according to the Associated Press. In Nevada, a hotly contested swing state in the presidential election, Voter Outreach carried out the registration effort.

Nathan Sproul, head of Sproul & Associates and a former director of the Arizona Republican Party, denied Voter Outreach workers tore up forms, the Associated Press reported. He called Russell a disgruntled employee.

Journal

I'd love for the Ohio Republicans to call in the FBI, as was done in Las Vegas, but I wn't hold my breath: the power of allegation will taint proceeding all they need to cloak the theft attempt.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Dems did this! No proof but the fact ths republican told me so! Wow, how ignorant? Fine, I am a republican, and I am telling you Kerry had a threesome with Hitler and Saddam! Will you believe that? If I was a real republican? Probably, you believe everything else stated by republicans.

GO OHIO! WE WILL NOT LET BUSH STEAL THIS ELECTION! GOOOOOOO KERRY!

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I did the early voting thing here in Texas (the new electronic boxes are kinda cool), and this year as with all years, they carefully checked my ID. They know me by now, or some of the poll workers do, but I have to present my card and I get a stamp. Here in the Dallas area, we have to present something with our address on it (and a picture ID) to prove we can vote if we don't have the card.

It was a fairly busy polling station, but it moved quickly. They could have used a few more workers, IMHO.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time

democrats and republicans who act like you are the problem, all you do is divide and drag our country down, instead of fighting and accusing the other party of everything that goes wrong, look at the facts, its both parties and its other factors too that are causing voting fraud.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
I did the early voting thing here in Texas (the new electronic boxes are kinda cool), and this year as with all years, they carefully checked my ID. They know me by now, or some of the poll workers do, but I have to present my card and I get a stamp. Here in the Dallas area, we have to present something with our address on it (and a picture ID) to prove we can vote if we don't have the card.

It was a fairly busy polling station, but it moved quickly. They could have used a few more workers, IMHO.

Yea, now all you need to worry about is did the windows2000 baised (hackable) electronic voting machine record your vote properly.

Did you get a paper receipt? I think the only place that is required is in California.

Sixty Minutes is going to have a nice story on voting machines tonite.

I work on Diebold ATM's as a locksmith. I've heard some crazy stories about them. They make alot of the voting machines. I'll be using a paper balot!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join