It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Holy Spirit, proclaimed in Quran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
While reading Quran, i have found where it is spoken of the messenger who would come to those People of the Scripture (People of the Book) confiming what we believe. Even Quran confirms christian beliefs.

Surat Ali Imran 3:81 (Quran)

And [recall, O People of the Scripture], when Allah took the covenant of the prophets, [saying], "Whatever I give you of the Scripture and wisdom and then there comes to you a messenger confirming what is with you, you [must] believe in him and support him." [ Allah ] said, "Have you acknowledged and taken upon that My commitment?" They said, "We have acknowledged it." He said, "Then bear witness, and I am with you among the witnesses."

-------------------------------------------------------
Now we can go to the New Testament of the Holy Bible and See Jesus say this very same message, that he would send a Helper to declare what is his, the One to bear witness with us.

John 15

“I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.

5 “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.

Love and Joy Perfected
9 “As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. 10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

11 “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. 12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. 14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. 15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. 17 These things I command you, that you love one another.

The World’s Hatred
18 “If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. 19 If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. 20 Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also. 21 But all these things they will do to you for My name’s sake, because they do not know Him who sent Me. 22 If I had not come and spoken to them, they would have no sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin. 23 He who hates Me hates My Father also. 24 If I had not done among them the works which no one else did, they would have no sin; but now they have seen and also hated both Me and My Father. 25 But this happened that the word might be fulfilled which is written in their law, ‘They hated Me without a cause.’

The Coming Rejection
26 “But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me. 27 And you also will bear witness, because you have been with Me from the beginning.

John 16:1-15

1“These things I have spoken to you, that you should not be made to stumble. 2 They will put you out of the synagogues; yes, the time is coming that whoever kills you will think that he offers God service. 3 And these things they will do to you because they have not known the Father nor Me. 4 But these things I have told you, that when the time comes, you may remember that I told you of them.

And these things I did not say to you at the beginning, because I was with you.

The Work of the Holy Spirit
5 “But now I go away to Him who sent Me, and none of you asks Me, ‘Where are You going?’ 6 But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart. 7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. 8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 of sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10 of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; 11 of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

12 “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. 14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. 15 All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.

Even the Quran speaks of the Holy Spirit of the Trinity. Quran confirms christian beliefs, because it borrows from the Holy Bible.

edit on 1-1-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

edit on 1-1-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Nevermind

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
That is not surprising since Mohammed plagerized the Bible as well as other religious texts.

The Koran can make no claim to originality. Islam is a religion started by a human and is therefore flawed.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1PLA1
That is not surprising since Mohammed plagerized the Bible as well as other religious texts.

The Koran can make no claim to originality. Islam is a religion started by a human and is therefore flawed.

I'm not disputing that. I am just stating it is right there in their own book for them to see. Hard to continue to deny the biblical scriptures when it's right there in their own book and says the same thing.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I see what you are saying.
Apparently many muslims do not read their own book, just as many Christians do not read their own book.

Sad but true.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1PLA1

I see what you are saying.
Apparently many muslims do not read their own book, just as many Christians do not read their own book.

Sad but true.

It is true there are alot probably on both sides. There are alot of christians that only know what their preachers say, same as muslims and their Imams, which is a backwards way to do things because thats what the church of Rome did in the Dark Ages when it made the reading of the scriptures a "mortal" sin to those who were not indoctrinated into the clergy.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This ayat is talking about covenant to God prophets that each prophets know and believe to the other prophets and bear as a witness, it is nothing to do with trinity.

Anyway in islam, holy spirit is not God but jibril/gabriel.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by maung
This ayat is talking about covenant to God prophets that each prophets know and believe to the other prophets and bear as a witness, it is nothing to do with trinity.

Anyway in islam, holy spirit is not God but jibril/gabriel.

The Holy Spirit is not Gabriel, it's God. In hebrew Elohim is plural. If man was made in God's Image and we have body, spirit and soul then so too does He. Thats all a trinity is and we all have them.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
The Holy Spirit is the one spirit that abides in us all. Gabriel included. It is god. The life in you is a portion of the one spirit that we all share.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

edit on 2-1-2013 by logical7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Surat Ali Imran 3:81 (Quran)
And [recall, O People of the Scripture],
when Allah took the covenant of the
prophets, [saying], "Whatever I give
you of the Scripture and wisdom and
then there comes to you a messenger confirming what is with you, you
[must] believe in him and support
him." [ Allah ] said, "Have you
acknowledged and taken upon that
My commitment?" They said, "We have
acknowledged it." He said, "Then bear witness, and I am with you among the
witnesses."

that means Jesus pbuh will acknowledge Muhammad pbuh. Right?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Even the Quran speaks of the Holy Spirit of the Trinity. Quran c

Ok this has gone too far. Your a BLATANT LIAR.
Just because the NEW testament has been re-written,
and it is you that believes in a tri-god STOP telling others
what we believe in , of which you do not know nothing about !
This is a bad-fail on your part to re-write
the Qur'an. First, you claim Muslims worship planets NOW you
are claiming Muslims worship trinity, make up your mind.
Inconsistency only proves that you don't
know what the hell your talking about Lol

FYI Muslims do NOT believe in trinity either,
. . . take a course at college rather then making up crap.

Mods sorry for being harsh, but the hate
and misinfo/slander from lonewolf19792000 has got to go.
It's one thing to share believes etc. and learn, but to come
on here to only spread lies is crossing the line.

new topics

top topics

join