It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greenwich Village couple arrested over explosives, a gun, and "terrorist encyclopedia"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Greenwich Village couple arrested over explosives, a gun, and "terrorist encyclopedia"

www.dailymail.co.u k

She is the daughter of a top Brooklyn cancer doctor and was educated at the Dalton School, an exclusive New York prep school attended by the likes of Anderson Cooper and Claire Danes.

Greene, the father of the child, went to Harvard University for his undergraduate degree and did graduate work at the Kennedy School of Government there, as well.

He was being held without bond.

The New York Post reports that police found seven grams of HMTD, a high explosive powder that was reportedly used in the 2005 London Underground bombings.

Also found in the living room were numerous written items containing instructions on the manufacture of explosive materials and bombs, including a collection of pages that had a cover page entitled 'The Terrorist Encyclopedia' and a booklet entitled 'Deadly Homemade Weapons,' court papers said.

No political writings were discovered, and New York Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said the investigation was continuing into whether the couple had any larger plans or ties to any radical groups. They did not show up on any watch lists.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 31-12-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The link I posted is actually a follow up to the original story about the couple's arrest. It's about how she went into labor when they were arrested, but it contains the original story within it.

This is a strange and interesting case. Apparently this woman's father is a top cancer doctor in New York, and her mother a NY real estate agent. She lives in Greewich Village and was pregnant and dating a man (a student of Harvard) that was associated with occupy. That makes both of them seemingly unlikely candidates for terrorists (in my book at least).

They were searched for credit card theft/fraud and were found to have 7 grams of HMTD, a printed "terrorist encyclopedia," "hand written formulas," and a sawed off shotgun with ammo.

So.. why? Were these young parents (well parents now presumably as she was 9 months pregnant and went into labor as they were taken in), potential terrorists? Is this the start of a witch hunt for people associated with Occupy or are wealthy New York activists really turning into radicals?

Opinions, thoughts, fill in any missing information. I will add further links when I am able.

www.dailymail.co.u k
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Existing thread, here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

- thread closed -

new topics

join