It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Captures Video Of Strange Explosion In The Sky

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation
reply to post by ooYODAoo

but i have nothing to prove to you or anyone else.

Actually you kind of do have something to prove.

For starters you say

you can already see this in the younger generation, and im only 24
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Yet you say

well...as a matter of fact i have been part of projects in the air force back in the mid 80's that involved real weather balloons.

What to do now?

LOL

Brilliant. Thanks for revealing this.

The news is interesting but its nice to have some empiricism here.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

reply to post by Andromerius

Then please explain the orbiting thing around it.

Weather balloons turn into a cloud of debris when they reach such an alitude that the expanding gas causes them to burst. The "other" object is the radiosonde swinging around beneath the balloon.

View an example here www.abovetopsecret.com...

No, it is not the "radiosonde" because u can clearly see it approaching the ball from above and right from quite far away!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andromerius

reply to post by Andromerius

Then please explain the orbiting thing around it.

Weather balloons turn into a cloud of debris when they reach such an alitude that the expanding gas causes them to burst. The "other" object is the radiosonde swinging around beneath the balloon.

View an example here www.abovetopsecret.com...

No, it is not the "radiosonde" because u can clearly see it approaching the ball from above and right from quite far away!

It's dangling back and forth on the tether. I've seen this same thing in my own scope. It's a weather balloon.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I just scanned back several pages and didn't see this posted here yet. Apologies if I missed something.

There is a very comprehensive article on this subject on the UFO Chronicles website. And guess which ATS member is prominently featured right at the beginning of the article...

Good friend and colleague Johnny Anonymous, co-host of ATS Live, and lead investigator for the Above Top Secret organization was the first to alert me to the now “viral video” and story of the alleged “strange explosion in space” as recorded by one Elijah Prychodzko, a young Sacramento, California resident. The story broke locally on the 30th (December 2012) and I received Johnny’s e-mail the following day.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

Actually, Phage busted the hoax last year (last day of 2012) - four days ago or so, on this thread, beginning on page 3 ... he goes on for quite awhile explaining. People didn't want to hear it and rambled on ignoring the obvious, as usual.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam

Actually, Phage busted the hoax last year (last day of 2012) - four days ago or so, on this thread, beginning on page 3 ... he goes on for quite awhile explaining. People didn't want to hear it and rambled on ignoring the obvious, as usual.

My post wasn't so much about "busting the hoax" as it was about pointing to another very large source of information on the video. And the fact that one of our own is prominently featured in the story.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I keep hearing the word "hoax" come up in the thread. Hoax is a bit strong of a word. When I originally posted it, I posted a link to the CBS news story and said, "No idea what it could be. Anyone know?" That original news story as well as the person who shot the video didn't really make any claims that would constitute a hoax. It seemed pretty obvious they they didn't know what it was.

Phage presented an excellent case for the weather balloon theory, and others have backed it up with personal anecdotes or links to videos of bursting weather balloons. Pauligirl even contacted the University of Wyoming and NOAA and posted their responses which supported the weather balloon theory.

Based on all of this, I personally think it was most likely a weather balloon. But there's no way to prove that 100%, and even if you could there would still be people who believe it's something else.

It's nice to have room for mystery in the universe. Just my opinion, but I like living in a universe where there's a chance, however remote, that it could have been a battle between UFO's, an incoming meteor being destroyed, or the planet Nibiru being blown up before the Anunaki return.

I know the reasons why it was unlikely to be any of those things, but it's fun to think it could have been something more exciting than a weather balloon bursting when the external atmospheric pressure becomes too low.

edit on 4-1-2013 by ikonoklast because: Corrected a typo.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

There is a very comprehensive article on this subject on the UFO Chronicles website.

Great find, happykat! The article provides some additional info. It mentions a more complete version of the video clips on YouTube. I searched and found it here:

It also provided details about the telescope, which was a Meade 10" LightBridge and is shown in the video above.

The article also speculates that the guy who shot the video may have been intentionally trying to hoax people. I don't know maybe he was. If so, then I stand corrected.

edit on 4-1-2013 by ikonoklast because: Whoops... hit the reply button before finishing post...

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Wow thats freakin awesome, there is so much going on these days, Maybe 2013 will be a year, where the human understanding will increse dramatically about the world or worlds around us

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Question does phage actually know its an exploding weather balloon? or did he just those two videos without any further explanations? the Strange Explosion In The Sky dont look the same as the videos that phage posted.
edit on 4-1-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andromerius

You seem to have made unwarrented assumptions about the orientation of the field of view. Those subconscious assumptions have artificially forced your interpretation into unjustified directions. Please step back and rethink what you are 'assuming' about the image, then try again.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Question does phage actually know its an exploding weather balloon? or did he just those two videos without any further explanations?

He gave a LOT of further explanation. Click on his first post to go to it - then - click on "member" on his avatar area - then - click on "posts in thread". That will show all his posts in this particular thread alone. Handy ATS feature.

Originally posted by Phage
Um. That's what happens to all weather balloons.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39
I just scanned back several pages and didn't see this posted here yet. Apologies if I missed something.

There is a very comprehensive article on this subject on the UFO Chronicles website. And guess which ATS member is prominently featured right at the beginning of the article...

Good friend and colleague Johnny Anonymous, co-host of ATS Live, and lead investigator for the Above Top Secret organization was the first to alert me to the now “viral video” and story of the alleged “strange explosion in space” as recorded by one Elijah Prychodzko, a young Sacramento, California resident. The story broke locally on the 30th (December 2012) and I received Johnny’s e-mail the following day.

In case anybody missed the link on UFO Chronicles ATS made NBC News

That UFO exploding over California? Looks like a weather balloon

In its account of the Sacramento UFO incident, The Huffington Post said "nobody has come forward to officially explain the event." On the Above Top Secret forum, however, the discussion quickly turned to weather balloons.

They tied it to National Weather Service's email, but Phage identified it first. But I have to admit, it was neat seeing it link to my post.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

You deserve it. Your email helped close the lid on the coffin.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Cool, so NBC news actually gave people on the ATS thread credit for scooping the Huffington Post!

I agree with Trexter. Phage and others provided invaluable info showing it to most likely be a weather balloon launched routinely from Oakland. Then you provided valuable info from the University of Wyoming and NOAA confirming that they also thought it was most likely a weather balloon and confirming what Phage had posted that a weather balloon had been launched from Oakland with timing and wind direction fitting the time and location of the video clips.

Don't forget, everyone, this will be discussed on ATS Live tonight at 6-9pm pst (9-12 est). More details here:

ATS

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl
They tied it to National Weather Service's email, but Phage identified it first. But I have to admit, it was neat seeing it link to my post.

You're welcome.

Jim O
NBC News 'Space Consultant'

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Not being funny but they had a tracker on that balloon. Yes it was a balloon in fact a stratosphere radiation balloon which takes readings on radiation and magnetic waves. If you ask politely the right department they will even email you the data and tracking links so you can view it yourself.

No spaceships blowin each other up or anything else....

A big silver weather balloon. That's all.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by xutlady

Yes it was a balloon in fact a stratosphere radiation balloon which takes readings on radiation and magnetic waves.

No. It was a balloon which records atmospheric data. And here is that data.
weather.uwyo.edu...

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ikonoklast

Man Captures Video Of Strange Explosion In The Sky

sacramento.cbslocal.com

SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Sacramento man scanning the night sky caught a sudden burst of light through his telescope. He recorded that strange sight with his smart phone...

“...I saw another object orbiting this — whatever it was up there...,” said Prychodzko.

...then returned to shoot a second video clip...

“As soon as I put the camera to the telescope it just blew up and I didn’t know what to say,” he told CBS13.
(visit the link for the full news article)

WOW, history being made with first ever video evidence of swamp gas exploding !

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Hello fellow ATS'ers! I am fairly new and a little bit scared of having my head bit off so to speak by seasoned theorist's who know their stuff! I have read in the thread that Phage has already de-bunked it but i would like to add a theory of my own into the mix without upsetting the applecart. =)

I was looking through some of my paperwork today and came across a note i had wrote to myself to remind me to google and research about it, I t was about a rotating star system named WR104.

'At a distance of 8,000 light-years from Earth, the pair of stars are a short hop away in galactic terms, and just one quarter of the way to the centre of our Milky Way galaxy.'

Anyway i came across this informative article: www.cosmosmagazine.com...
It details about this star system and it's ability as a 'destroyer of worlds' because

'Though the risk may be remote, there is evidence that gamma ray bursts have swept over the planet at various points in Earth's history with a devastating effect on life'.

So, my theory is, is this what the amateur astronomer video captured? an exploding star? i doubt i am right as Phage is always on the mark and a master de-bunker.

Just to quickly add, whilst reading throught the article myself i found this quite interesting:

'Viewed from Earth, the rotating tail appears to be laid out on the sky in an almost perfect spiral. It could only appear like that if we are looking nearly exactly down on the axis of the binary system," said Tuthill.'

This instantly made me think of the unusual spiral that was seen in the skies of norway in 2009:

en.wikipedia.org...

Given that we are in a precession of the equinoxes, could this at all be possible?? afterall it is only a mere 8,000 light years from earth.

I am in no way an astronomer or seasoned theorist and just wanted to share my thoughts with others who have more knowledge on astronomy and de-bunking, what do you think guys?

=)

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join