It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Captures Video Of Strange Explosion In The Sky

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Well...The goods news here is this..

Now we all know what an exploding weather balloon looks like..

I know I had never seen one before today..

Thanks OP and Phage!!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Flying Lens Flares ignite swamp gas that happens to be powering a weather baloon

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by old_god
Flying Lens Flares ignite swamp gas that happens to be powering a weather baloon

Be careful there using Slain69's Slayer69's material.
edit on 1-1-2013 by DenyObfuscation because: spelling

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

No. It was a weather balloon.

You, on the other hand, claimed something it couldn't be.

I say it's an old satellite get blasted out of orbit

Still not feeling your theory mate

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Ah. Feeling.
Ok. You have a feeling it was a satellite getting blasted out of orbit. What is your feeling about the other videos of bursting weather balloons? Were those also satellites getting blasted out of orbit?
edit on 1/1/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Originally posted by smurfy

I say it's an old satellite get blasted out of orbit, it's happened before

On January 11, 2007, China destroyed an old Chinese orbiting weather satellite. A year later on February 21, 2008, USA destroyed a malfunctioning US spy satellite USA-193 using a RIM-161 Standard Missile 3.

en.wikipedia.org...

Missiles have a nasty habit of vectoring straight onto a target before it gets there, no need for the war dance around it first.

Guess it may depend on what angle you're looking at it and what kind of missile it is

Also, I would guess that if it was a missile, then it would be an exercise in testing out stuff, so who's to say what the controllers did or didn't do.
edit on 1-1-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

And I would guess that an anti satellite missile, like many others, are fairly autonomous on the home run, since the general idea is to hit the fecking thing, not run around it in circles, (which isn't indicated in the video anyway) shouting here you hoar you, here you hoar you en rapido... (deliberate misspell btw)

edit on 1-1-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

On January 11, 2007, China destroyed an old Chinese orbiting weather satellite. A year later on February 21, 2008, USA destroyed a malfunctioning US spy satellite USA-193 using a RIM-161 Standard Missile 3.

en.wikipedia.org...

Missiles have a nasty habit of vectoring straight onto a target before it gets there, no need for the war dance around it first.

Guess it may depend on what angle you're looking at it and what kind of missile it is

Also, I would guess that if it was a missile, then it would be an exercise in testing out stuff, so who's to say what the controllers did or didn't do.

And I would guess that an anti satellite missile, like many others, are fairly autonomous on the home run, since the general idea is to hit the fecking thing, not run around it in circles, (which isn't indicated in the video anyway) shouting here you hoar you, here you hoar you en rapido... (deliberate misspell btw)

Ah. Feeling.
Ok. You have a feeling it was a satellite getting blasted out of orbit. What is your feeling about the other videos of bursting weather balloons? Were those also satellites getting blasted out of orbit?

Why are you all so defensive?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by trusername

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by iamhobo

I'm a little confused about the end of that video. The newscaster said they contacted the Vatican for a comment on what it could be.

Why ?

The Vatican or the Holy See is all over this stuff. Remember they've been consistently looking up for a long time
That said, so have the Muslims - best astronomers…

Way back before iPads at night people looked up and awed at the skies.

www.vaticanobservatory.org...

Spiritual people are more open to what's possibly out there than scientists are, so I'm glad they're into it, too. Plus they have $ for great equipment.

All these reasons you posted have little or nothing to do with why the Vatican is now a go to guy for this stuff.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I'm not defensive.
Why do you refuse to um...feel...that this was a weather balloon?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Compare to this:

Very Impressive. That was a fast debunking. I am looking forward to the day you can't debunk the a video, then we will all know it is the real thing

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I'm not defensive.
Why do you refuse to um...feel...that this was a weather balloon?

Uhm, because I haven't been proved that it is, you have not provided any proof of this incident.

It could be, it could be a satellite also

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

All these reasons you posted have little or nothing to do with why the Vatican is now a go to guy for this stuff.

Only for an idiot TV news guy.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

you have not provided any proof of this incident

It's a matter of interpretation and no verifiable explanation has been put forward

Yes of course.
Ignore videos of bursting weather balloons which look exactly like it.
Ignore that the timing and location are consistent with a weather balloon launch from Oakland.
Ignore that there is no indication at all that it was a missile hitting anything.

Interpret it any way you wish while ignoring established facts.

Do you see a lot of satellites in daylight?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

you have not provided any proof of this incident

It's a matter of interpretation and no verifiable explanation has been put forward

Yes of course.
Ignore videos of bursting weather balloons which look exactly like it.
Ignore that the timing and location are consistent with a weather balloon launch from Oakland.
Ignore that there is no indication at all that it was a missile hitting anything.

Interpret it any way you wish while ignoring established facts.

Do you see a lot of satellites in daylight?

Dunno mate, haven't looked today

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Right.
Don't know much, huh?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Right.
Don't know much, huh?

No need to be rude mate, that guy who took the video had a telescope to see the satellite

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

He also said it was a planet.
Satellites move quite rapidly across the sky. Planets not so much. Balloons at high altitude in light winds, not so much.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
sorry Nibiru exploded

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Ah. Feeling.

Why are you all so defensive?

Nobody's trying to be defensive. Actually, and no offence, it is yourself who is punching clouds, Pauligirl went to the bother of sorting out the time factors, and it was a positive for a busted balloon, even so there was no evidence of a kinetic explosion that you would see between metal/heavy metal devices, aka a satellite and a missile, even if the missile had no actual explosive device, and just acted like a bullet. Also and obviously, if a missile strike, it was not an EMP attack to just knock the satellite out, probably most favoured now and let the owners sort out the after affects. You really need to put some meat on the table.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast

It's an exploding weather balloon. The 'orbiting object' is the string dangling. Compare to this video:

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join