It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here we go Aussie's...one of the first to celebrate.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
to all my fellow aussies ats'....happy new year.

to our kiwi cousins who went off about 2 hours ago...happy new year.

to those just waking up on new years eve...start drinking water now..lol.

do yourselves a favour and watch the fireworks over sydney harbour on t.v....spectacular.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Happy New Year Aussies!

I was at Sydney harbour this time two years ago pissed out my face..

You lucky lucky bastards..

I cried all the way back to the UK.. Did not want to come back :-(

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
5 minute countdown.....

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Happy new year guys
May 2013 bring all your wishes to fruition

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
happy new year
looking at the celebrations on sky news makes me really miss my family out there

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Happy 2013 ats, hope its great

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
wooohoooo happy new year. i celebrated with a nip of my special johnny walker blue label. a special gift to me.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Happy 2013 to y'all. Its only a little after 7:00am here. I rarely stay up till midnight, so a toast with my coffee This morning. Many blessings for the new year.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

Had a JD to bring you in.
Don't fancy my chances of seeing in the new year here

But I'll give it a damn good go

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Woot. 2013.

Happy New Year from Sydney.

On another note;
Wasn't there a whole bunch of "enlightened individuals" here on ATS that were going to make us eat our words at the end of the world because we would never make it to 2013?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Bleh.

Us in WA don't even get fireworks. We get a pretend street party in the shadiest part of the city, at which when midnight rolls on, the police walk in single file down the street evicting everyone.

At least that was what happened last time I bothered to 'celebrate' the new year in perth.

it's just a 40c muggy hot humid stinking sweaty sunday of a day really for this side.

you see, we get a pretty firework display on Australia day. Which we have to celebrate among all the 'invasion day' protests...

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Might i just say, that while we do understand we are not the first in the world to celebrate (hence the title "one of"), howcome we are always quick to call ourselves "among the first". Sorta like the guy you see in youtube comment pages making the "first" comment.

We had the same on the 21st of December, where people (who were obviously unaware of how time zones work) from around the world looked to us to see if anything was going to happen - like if a meteor hit us, we would be hit first, then america
because apparently we were the first to see the 21st of December.

All i'm saying is, let's be mindful - there's still NZ and the pacific islands who get little recognition. Let's not get too ahead of ourselves. We can celebrate without the arrogance.

Besides, what is there in 2013 that can't wait? haha. People were looking forward to '12 and look at what it gave us. 2013 is an entire year that is starting with political heat on the gun control debate over in the US. And that's just one thing to look forward to.
People are too hopeful

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
Bleh.

Us in WA don't even get fireworks. We get a pretend street party in the shadiest part of the city, at which when midnight rolls on, the police walk in single file down the street evicting everyone.

At least that was what happened last time I bothered to 'celebrate' the new year in perth.

it's just a 40c muggy hot humid stinking sweaty sunday of a day really for this side.

you see, we get a pretty firework display on Australia day. Which we have to celebrate among all the 'invasion day' protests...

haha northbridge? Don't get me started. I was surprised there was no fireworks. There's so much to do here, said nobody, ever.

Don't even get me started about "australia day". If being Australian constitutes as driving around with a huge flag attached to the bloody roo bar, with a "f off we're full" sticker on the back, while shouting at people, then i will have no part.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

2 hours to go over here were Winofiend and myself hail from. Stars for everyone!!

Happy new year from Barrow Island guys. Now, be sure you think about the 6 rules in an Aussies life:

1. FLY THE FLAG AND BE THE LIFE OF THE PARTY...........

2. REMAIN POSITIVE.....

3. STICK TO YOUR IDEALS, ALWAYS......

4. REMEMBER THE PLEDGE........

5. HONOUR OUR BOYS AND GIRLS IN THE MILITARY.......

6. AND REMEMBER......

edit on 31-12-2012 by Sublimecraft because:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
love it.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I'll raise a glass (or two) for all the blokes and sheilas here between now and midnight dawn.

Happy new years people

And happy new years to all of the ATS folks.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
going to bed before i fall off the "fiscal lounge"
...this really sounded funny @ 2am

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
WOOOOOOO< said as a Rik Flair Woooooo

Missed my first Summer Sydney Harbour fireworks party in about 10 years! No one does it like the Sydney siders! Hope you all celebrated hard to do me proud.

Im on a mountain in the snow... On crutches about to hit Defcon 1 full nuclear explosion launch as I cant find boots to match my knee brace for the party here.

Happy New Years!

top topics

join