It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian MP Gives A Very Scary Speech On America's Economic Future!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Once you see the video you'll see why I put this in this section.

Did you guys see the part where he says soon America will be spending more annually on debt budget than the military budgets of China, Britain, France, Russia, Japan, Russia, Germany, Saudi Arabia, India, Italy, South Korea, Brazil, Canada, Australia, Turkey, Spain and Israel COMBINED?

If this is true then how in the world is this sustainable?

This guys gives a brilliant speech, not having history repeat itself is something that...wow, you just don't hear that often on any house floor of most 1st world countries these days.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Seems like Pierre has been watching Ron Paul videos.

But I'm worried about Canada. As they continue to lick America's boots, their debt is starting to grow mainly because of their increased intervention in the affairs of other nations.

edit on 29-12-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
WAR=$$$$ Why do think we have REALLY been at war for the past several years? Had it not been for these wars we have started in the last decade, we would have already went under financially.

“That’s a scenario that [the U.S.] carries out across the world. Where there is war and destruction going on, there are U.S. munitions companies making money, there are U.S. banks making money, and there is U.S. policy driving the offensive against local populations”, said Don DeBar in a phone interview with the U.S. Desk on Wednesday.

www.presstv.ir...
edit on 29-12-2012 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Wow, just wow...

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Nice speech indeed. But then I read that his governing party wants to spend 35 billion ( Which they lied about its costs initially) on a few jet fighteers . Mean while public schools, Highways and bridges are falling apart, and Txs go up. Im so confused

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Its a shame the Conservatives that are now in power, are trying to emulate the U.S. governments formulas for government. Partnerships with corporations is bad news for the general tax payer. As if multi million and billion dollar corporations need government welfare.
It never made sense to me to give hand outs to rich company's. When others could benefit from it better ie.. small business.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Did you guys see the part where he says soon America will be spending more annually on debt budget than the military budgets of China, Britain, France, Russia, Japan, Russia, Germany, Saudi Arabia, India, Italy, South Korea, Brazil, Canada, Australia, Turkey, Spain and Israel COMBINED?

It is true that the interest payments of US government debt will soon exceed the combined military budgets of the states mentioned and it is not sustainable, but not because of that reason.

Most of the US government debt is internal i.e held by US institutions like IRAs. So default, which will wipe out the savings of people, is not an option for the government. So they will create more money, which will devalue the savings because of inflation, but not wipe them out instantly. Depending on the rate at which this new money will be introduced into circulation, inflation could be high to extremely high (hyper inflation).

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

exactly, harpers determined course to turn canada into america and run off every cliff america does is dumbfounding.

canadians are in danger of not even knowing that canada is a sovereign nation.

why is this guy talking about american fiscal cliffs, while canadians are slowly being absorbed into the nwo order and the guys elected to look after their interests and to protect the nation as a whole are conspiring to undermine their sovereignty.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

The Canadian MP is my new hero. He seems to be very honest also I got the feeling he truly cared about Canada. You guys and gals up in he north don't know how lucky you are.

To be honest I thought you guys slanted pretty far to the left of center? We need leaders like this this and I wish he was the American president I would have voted for him.

Also I almost did not remember it is early for me thank you OP.

edit on 29-12-2012 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Good speech but who among the US leadership will hear the message. I hear the same old song and dance from the American government. Sure they say we need to do something but they only talk about immediate action while kicking the long term plan down the road. All this talk about the fiscal cliff. The legislation they end up passing will fall short of what needs to happen. Personally I think we should go over the cliff and make real long term changes so that we can get on the right path now. Sadly I'm not holding my breath...

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by papazen
Nice speech indeed. But then I read that his governing party wants to spend 35 billion ( Which they lied about its costs initially) on a few jet fighteers . Mean while public schools, Highways and bridges are falling apart, and Txs go up. Im so confused

That's Harper wanting to spend on F35s
Ron Paul himself said that the reason Canada and Obama are buying F35s to this day is because of cronyism.
Friends in high places want to sell these outdated jets ASAP!

But just like there are good republicans in the U.S. the main conservative man may be a spendthrift, same with Dems.
That's why I always believe it's about the individual more than the party.
The party means nothing.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I thinks so too, it is obvious the political system has been HACKED by the lobbyists and corporate largese....
Politicians dont come cheap.....
Its always interesting to see them retire and start a foundation into which their corporate masters can deposit their payoffs for certain favourable decisions....
Whereupon they become a world celebrity running around and pontificating on their agendas......

Canada has still got a chance to drag their freedoms back from the grip of greedy goverment.
It remains to be seen how asleep they are at the wheel.............................

Till then well just puppy dog along with the elites
(Which is hilarious in itself, because i highly doubt the personages Harper is hobnobbing with right now
have a lot of regard for him....)
hes what we call a lickspittle....

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I read an interesting article in Maclean's about 6 months ago that explained this on an international scale. The debt that the US has from China is so vast that the interest payment are damn near unsustainable. And what does China do with that money? Along with other things they are beefing up their military. So basically the US is funding China's military expansion. Not a good scenario.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Fools like him lived on delusions of fear mongering.

The wars are ending, and in time, as USA becomes more rationally isolationist, enough of being spat upon for helping others, military budgets will shrink though not research.

Furthermore, think about the Shale gas industry in USA. It will soon make USA a FAR LARGER exporter of fuel sources than Saudi Arabia and Iran combined can ever hoped to be, and unlike them, those revenues will not be squandered for personal use, but for the People within an open and transparent nation to progress and evole economically and socially.

A mere 1 billion in debt owed to China? That's laughable. China will want to throw all its treasury into american bonds if possible, for it needs at least 3 times its annual GDP revenue in order to keep its 1.3 billion masses from rioting, which something that only USA can provide now and in the future, unlike equally gas rich but corrupted and lawless Russia..

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
Fools like him lived on delusions of fear mongering.

The wars are ending, and in time, as USA becomes more rationally isolationist, enough of being spat upon for helping others, military budgets will shrink though not research.

Furthermore, think about the Shale gas industry in USA. It will soon make USA a FAR LARGER exporter of fuel sources than Saudi Arabia and Iran combined can ever hoped to be, and unlike them, those revenues will not be squandered for personal use, but for the People within an open and transparent nation to progress and evole economically and socially.

A mere 1 billion in debt owed to China? That's laughable. China will want to throw all its treasury into american bonds if possible, for it needs at least 3 times its annual GDP revenue in order to keep its 1.3 billion masses from rioting, which something that only USA can provide now and in the future, unlike equally gas rich but corrupted and lawless Russia..

Wait......
This is sarcasm right???

You CANNOT really believe what you just said.....

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Although I agree with much of what he says, I wonder who the "solid captain" is, whom he refers to at the end of his speech... it sure as hell isn't Stephen Harper.

I'm actually more worried about the next generation of "captains", such as Justin Trudeau. We all remember his dad as the biggest sellout this country has ever seen.
He surrendered the Bank of Canada in 1974 to the private banking cartel, forcing the entire country into debt slavery... up until that time, the Bank of Canada was issuing interest free loans to the country... CAN'T HAVE THAT!

Here is his sons response to 'righting his fathers wrongs" should he ever be Prime Minister:

[ skip to 3:23 for the relevant bit, but watch the whole thing if you want to be entirely disgusted ]

Justin is a media whore, even worse than his dad. At least Pierre was smart. I watch this, and can't help but see a punk who thinks he's talking to a group of kids at a MuchMusic rally... pathetic.

So again, while I agree with what the MP in the OP states, it really won't change a thing. If anything, he completely negates everything he said by stating at the end "we have a solid captain" (obviously referring to Harper) to "see us through the storm".... which to anyone really paying attention, is obviously complete bull#t.

When a man stands up for CANADA and makes reclaiming the Bank of Canada for the people a priority, he will have my vote.
THAT more than any other single move, will solve this countries issues from West to East. Kicking out the private bankers which have been screwing us for the past 38 years.

Everything else is just a bunch of hot air.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

It's not. This ship is going to bust eventually. And when it does, it's going to crash and burn hard.

Way to much for "defense" and it's associated dealings. It's not the so called "entitlement" programs that breaking this country, it's a combination of everything.

Too much for defense plus increasing number of unemployment plus inflation plus taxes plus social programs plus incompetence on part of those running the show.

War "makes" money, if your in the correct position
. And America is being used a money machine for those that are privy to the game.

It's going to be hilarous and cruel when their checks start to bounce.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
S&F

Unfortunately, every Country is tied into Americas economic mess, and will fall if and when America does. I just don't see any fix to the economy here in America. It will happen, its just a matter of when. Now, out of the ashes is what I am more concerned with. Debt will always bankrupt a Nation, and too many countries have played its game, knowing what the outcome is. Will The US learn from its mistakes, or will it be damned to make the same mistakes ? That is the real question.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
S&F

Unfortunately, every Country is tied into Americas economic mess, and will fall if and when America does. I just don't see any fix to the economy here in America. It will happen, its just a matter of when. Now, out of the ashes is what I am more concerned with. Debt will always bankrupt a Nation, and too many countries have played its game, knowing what the outcome is. Will The US learn from its mistakes, or will it be damned to make the same mistakes ? That is the real question.

It's not "Americas mess", it's a global scam instituted and perpetrated by private banks and those who control them.

Iceland seems to be doing just fine after having kicked their collective asses out.... so I don't believe "If america goes down, so does the world"

It's entirely possible for "the mess" to be cleaned up. It's going to take a lot of cajones on the part of some prospective leader though.. and likely he'll have to give his life to wake the citizenry up to what is really going on.
Once they know, then you will see the true power of the people.

If "knowledge is power" then by default, Ignorance = weakness

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
This speech gave me a different perspective on the issues that we are facing not only in the United States, but also in other parts of the world. The issue is still going to be there, no matter how you spin it. I like how he gave examples of how the debt crisis could have these outcomes.

I plan on sharing the video with other people to make them more aware of this crisis. This is still being played down by the media and is being taken far too lightly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join