It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Source for Cuban Dark Roast Espresso Coffee Beans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I sure could use some help locating a source for bulk Cuban Espresso Coffee Beans. I live in the rural south, where , good Cuban coffee is unheard of. I've tried several fine grind brands that claim to be espresso dark roast coffee, but are far from what I'm looking for. I miss my rich deep robust flavor Cuban Coffee.

The brands that didn't cut it for me were. Cafe Bustello Espresso coffee, and Medaglia Doro Espresso Caffe. Both are flat, truly lacking in depth of flavor. Also missing is hat rich aroma that lets you know, you're about to sip a sinful pleasure.

Since I usually purchase my French Roast beans in 5lb bulk...I'm reluctant to buy a large quantity of Cuban Espresso beans in bulk, unless I find an excellent one/supplier. I get my best price breaks in the 5lb quantity.

If anyone can give me a lead, I'd greatly appreciate it....

Thanks You in advance...help me out Folks...I'm hurtin'

Des

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Try Miami.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Not sure if this will help at all... shop.mayorgacoffee.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

you may already know this, but Cuban coffee for Cuban Americans is a stove top espresso maker with any Bodega brand coffee.

I know there are specific beans, but honestly, get Jamaican coffee beans. Best in the world, and make it in this...

This

You will not disappoint.

EDIT:
Cafe Bustello is good, I grew up drinking that (Cuban grandmothers). But try a 100% Arabica coffee beans. Maybe an 80% Arabica, 20% Robusta mix if you like it to be strong and not as smooth while preserving the cream and texture of good coffee....

You can also just roast some yourself,
www.sweetmarias.com...

Start with 100% Arabica please and just re-roast them some. If you can, to make them roast all the way through, do it slowly. That is huge. Slow roast. Use a small toast oven. Just dont bunch them up, 1 layer thick. And make sure the heat hits them evenly (very low heat). If you use a small toaster oven, place the pan in the middle position. we tend to keep the most room on the top for bread. Most of these little ovens have a middle position where the tray can sit.

It will change the flavor though. Some experimentation for your taste is required. If you do plan on roasting them, get them green and roast them yourself from scratch. Re-roasting can be a bad thing. BUT it has worked for me, so your call.

I only suggest re-roasting since what you want is a Spanish roast which is darker than a dark French roast.

Also, a method which is still used in Spain that was developed during the civil war which gives the coffee a real kick is adding sugar to the roasting process. Starting from green beans you add a light layer of sugar, brown sugar if possible after you hear the first cracking sounds. Then you roast almost to burning past the French roast stage. The more you add the darker and stronger it gets.

This is called torrefacto coffee.

it is a real sacrilege, I don't like it, but if you want REALLY strong coffee with a certain stronger taste that will do it.

edit on 29-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

Zed. Thank you for a well thought out, and presented post. It's chock full of valuable information. I do have that espresso coffee maker. I need to order a new gasket for it. As you well know, a worn out gasket on that particular pot, means all the steam escapes from the point where the top screws onto the base. It does make the best espresso! I still have the 6 demitasse cups that came with my original pot. Thanks for reminding me to order that gasket.

I also had an electric bean roaster, a friend gave as a gift. So, I ordered green beans, high quality, to use the roaster. It ruined the beans, and stunk up my home...LOL

It eventually broke, and it got tossed. I like your info on roasting the beans in a toaster oven, and will try that process.

I used to buy all my whole beans from Pete's Tea and Coffee when I lived in California....I got spoiled.

Since moving to the South, rural area, where Folgers is coffee of choice, I've been an internet bean buyer.

Bustelo, imo, has gone down in quality in the past 12 months. Maybe they are buying beans form someone else, it's just not the same. It used to be an excellent Cuban coffee. I'm hoping to find a whole bean supplier, that has consistent quality.

Thank you again, Zed. Great reply to my questions....

Des

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
Not sure if this will help at all... shop.mayorgacoffee.com...

Thank you Girlfriend! have not been to that link before. Quest for the ultimate Cuban coffee continues.

Des

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Hey I used to get Ravens Brew coffee when I lived in Ketchikan AK, they have a small operation there in town that roasts and packages all of their coffee. I have ordered it from time to time since I left, and it is always fresh and very good. I have heard that coffee loses 60% of the flavor within the first two weeks after it was roasted and this is why it is hard to find a consistently good source. I live in Long island now and have recently found a new source that is just as good. Take it from a well traveled coffee connoisseur, these are two of the best coffees that you can find in the country. Stumptown has a cold brewed coffee that comes in a bottle that supposedly takes hours to brew but tastes exactly like the perfect bean smells, it tastes as if it hasn't been brewed yet! I have never had anything so good, right out of a bottle! Who would have thought?

Ravens Brew

The Deadmans Reach is one of my favorites, but they have a whole lot of fun and different types of coffees that you can order. I would suggest the Three Peckered BillyGoat for you though!

StumpTown

Here is my NY source, it is no doubt the best that I have found since RB and they also have a very strict policy of only selling beans that are fresh out of the oven.

Good luck with your search!

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamschist
Not sure if this will help at all... wordsiseek.com...

Great post from you.

top topics

join