It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remnants of a Lost World...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+187 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Hello

Welcome to the first of a new 3 part series I’ve been working on. I know from private messages and onsite in thread inquiries some of you have been waiting patiently. This first part of the three will be about Peru. The other two main locations and related sites will be equally interesting and as mysterious. We will be in South America once again to investigate and discuss another enigma of sorts. We will be discussing ruins located near a well-known site that possibly date back before the Incas. A site that the Incas themselves thought of as sacred. I believe it may sometime in the future prove to be evidence of a lost forgotten or unknown ancient culture/civilization.

Preface

As most of you already know I have written many threads on such locations often pointing out the masterful designs and engineering of our supposedly primitive ancient ancestors. This mysterious site seems to show similarities to other locations in Peru and Bolivia but often the other locations were considered ancient and sacred to the Inca. Often as if they recognized and acknowledged their mysterious origins with respect for those who came before them.

I've tried to answer some serious questions as to why many of these South American locations show such dramatic similarities with other early cultures and civilizations such as Egypt, Mexico, and Sumerian etc. in celestial alignments, stories of creation and of course stone cutting and construction engineering.

As is the case at sites such as these we find evidence of a much, much older and often more advanced culture or civilization at the lower buried levels. Or, we find what appears to be very ancient prehistoric Megalithic standing stones. In my thread Tiahuanaco, Puma Punku the real mystery I tried to present the very real fact that the site when originally explored looked completely different from how many see it to day.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/59380ad56daa.jpg[/atsimg]

As you can see in the above image from my previous thread. The site looked very much like an Ancient megalithic astronomically aligned location. Viewed in that context it's not hard to understand the possibility of a much older now forgotten history. Are we prepared to explore and understand that we may have to rewrite our understanding of our past?

I'm well aware that for many when viewing such ancient sites comes away with the belief they had Alien contact or influence. This is a presently popular thought. I'll be presenting what I find mysterious and once again leave it up to you as to whether that is the case or not. I do have to ask that when discussing a possible lost civilization why some seem to despise the idea that our ancestors may have possessed some knowledge that we have lost or have relatively recently reacquired in the past 2,000 years.

If sites are shown to be aligned with certain locations or to have certain similarities with other ancient cultures/civilizations many will argue and attribute it to being an accident or coincidences while others as proof of a unifying ancient Alien connection. I ask, Could this not also be proof of these ancient people being the remnants of a much older now lost and forgotten history of man? If not our direct ancestors how about possibly another very closely related off shoot of our hominid line? Could they have preceded Homo sapiens?

I tried to come to grips with this conjecture in Who Were the Ancient Megalithic Builders? It's an interesting hypotheses to entertain I know. Some saw validity in the topic others scoffed. So be it.

Let us begin.

By now many are already familiar with the Peruvian site known as Sacsayhuamán. I'll include this link to a very High - Resolution image. I'd like you to take a moment and look at it very closely. You'll notice two types of stone work. The very large titanic expertly worked and placed blocks and much smaller lower quality more manageable filler stones. Obviously, nowhere near the same quality. We see this same pattern throughout Peru and Bolivia.

At Ollantaytambo again, we see the same type of contrast between the larger expertly cut and placed stones with lower quality ones either placed on top or adjacent to them. Now, View the following two High Resolution images, first this one Here. If you look closely you'll notice some small filler stones placed to fill gaps in the much larger stones. Also, I know it's hard to see but if you scroll to the very top right you'll see the extremely large controversial carved stone that were apparently left as they were out of place. In This image taken from down below you'll notice several interesting things. First off you'll notice several things. At the very top center you can spot those very large and well cut gigantic blocks sitting Helter Skelter. Also, if you scroll down to the bottom you'll spot some more of those older blocks which show signs of being worked scattered about at the base. The whole area is well worked and uniform except for those megalithic much larger and better cut stones.

Now, this thread isn't just about those blocks or those sites. Hopefully what I've just demonstrated is how I view such locations and the questions that pop into my mind as I read or learn about the supposed history of these sites.

It seems to me that many of these sites we see today were built upon and show the reworking of much older ones. When the Spanish came upon this site they found a large tower of stone which they dismantled in search of Gold. What they unknowingly revealed was what I believe to be proof of this much more sophisticated age.

Now, which came first? Here we have gigantic megalithic stones, expertly cut and placed. Then we see physical evidence of much lower quality stone work and as filler. Then we have below some areas a fairly sophisticated location which the Spanish exposed. Does this wheel have astronomical alignments? If so, do they align with present day stars and constellations? What was its original purpose before the Incas built the now removed tower?

Now, local legend speaks of a once subterranean city which was considered sacred to the Incas and was from the 1rst time. Nearby we can see evidence of extensive stone carving of steps, stairways and alters. The whole surrounding country side is filled with these types of stone works.

Now supposedly this subterranean ancient city suffered a titanic catastrophic explosion from some unknown force which completely blew it to pieces. Scattering the remnants all over the surrounding area we see today. Do we find evidence of such a massive catastrophe? In the following image you'll notice worked walls and stones which appear to be upside down or off kilter.

I ask, Why carve a wall at all on a lone block sitting among other fragmented stones lying about? To me it appears they belonged to something much older and grander which over time has been weather worn. You may see something else and come to your own conclusions of course. That goes without saying.

Now, I'm not saying the legend is true but I am convinced that this site is much older than is believed and that when the Incas came upon it they themselves just as they did elsewhere revered and respected it as proof of those who came before them. I will not deny that close by are very real signs of Inca stone work and quarrying. That's a given, but what is significant is that there again we see much smaller and lower quality workmanship being utilized. Apparently at some point there was a slip or loss of either the knowledge of or the desire for quality...

I'd like to also point out other locations which appear to show evidence of several things really. We see possible signs of vitrification and or signs of the Inca using the sites for their own purposes. Here we have a few examples of possibly both.

Now the possibility of volcanic activity destroying a much older site should be considered. Which would explain how some of the Vitrification could have occurred? But there again we find some areas appearing to be either post or pre "Volcanic Vitrification"

If you were to take a few minutes to review the images I’ve presented they do show to varying degrees smoothness not normally associated with rain erosion or wind weathering. In my opinion this type of smoothing of the stones comes from massive amounts of repeated handling or from high temperature.

Finally….

I’ll leave you with the following video of Researcher David Hatcher Childress investigates the above mentioned locations in much more detail. The video gets into the controversial “Ica Stones” which by the way I personally feel the vast majority are fakes. But that’s the topic for another thread.

Well I hope you’ve enjoyed this first of three. I as always end up with more questions than when I start. Such is always the case for me. I love exploring, speculating and asking questions and know many here do as well. I’m not denying the accepted academic view jut asking how accurate is it? Is there room for speculation? I know some here will tow the line of the accepted paradigms. So be it….

As always stay tuned and frosty

edit on 27-12-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-12-2012 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Hooray!

Seriously, the suspense was killing me.
I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I know what I'm going to be doing for a while.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
EPIC as always! I have read all of your threads and agree that the history of mankind needs to be re-written. I think that a lot of the stuff they try to say were devised by ancient aliens, was the work of ancient humans. I guess it is just hard to them to admit that humanity goes so far then blows itself back to the stone age and has to claw its way back up again, and again and again...

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Well done as usual Slayer.

I've read over some of the other posts about south american sites and it's always the smoothness of the stones that get me.

I like the stone melting theory as a plausible one using plant chemicals to make holes in the stones. And to shape them so well.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Sweet my Slayers thread fix
The smoothness of the cuts in the second set of pics amazes me. The issue of the varying quality of the workmanship makes me think there was a attempt to mimic what they found. Kinda of like some theories on Egypt. Finding a site with existing structures and building around it and re-using some is a pretty typical thing for us humans. I imagine that some techniques were re-learned by that, but not to the same degree. Just the fact various cultures were able to undertake such large scale building speaks volume. Not just for the stoneworking and engineering but also the logistics. Feeding workers, moving the raw materials and having the man power to spare. Time spent building meant that the people were not farming or hunting. So that tells me they had a means to store food long term or had another way of acquiring it. The ancients were able to build some impressive things all over the world and I think some people today don't get what it meant for them to do this with out the labor saving devices we use today. I disagree with the ancient alien idea to a certain degree also, mankind is capable of some pretty amazing things. Who knows maybe it was some ancient genius's who came up with some of the techniques used and history has just lost their names.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Flag Nine has got to be the earliest I've ever gotten in on any Slayer thread. I'm stoked just over that. Now I'll read.
Single digit flag and star and first page. What fan could ask for more.

Feels like the front row.

edit on 27-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Are we prepared to explore and understand that we may have to rewrite our understanding of our past?
Yes, I'm ready to rock (pun intended)

This is exciting stuff mate, once again, I like what I am reading here. That Hi-Res shot just blows me away with how those stones have been placed so perfectly with all of those re-entrant corners and no apparent laying pattern, although the "Half bond" laying technique can be seen in some parts.

Anyway, back to reading your link-fest.

S&F

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Slayer

great post, just a couple of points

Those 'cut outs' in the mountainside look like stone extraction points, though no doubt some have been used by later ppl as seats, ritual altars etc..The irregular nature of the extraction reflects the rock quality. Where the rock is consistent many stones can be extracted in the standard quarrying methods that leave steps or tiers.

The circular structure on the top of Sacsayhuaman was clearly a reservoir at some point in the past or was flooded. It still has the overflow drainage channels clearly visible in your pic. that would not make a good observatory I guess..

Will

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Good stuff man. Thanks Slayer

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Just playing devil's advocate here.
Possibly the reason for the reduction in quality was due to other causes than a new civilization stumbling upon the older and trying to mimic it. Maybe due to wars, quality was sacrificed for functionality?
Or maybe there was a lack of skilled manpower available because of climate issues, like droughts, increased wildfires, shortened growing seasons etc. I remember reading a study suggesting that the Inca may have been devastated due to climate change.

And as was stated, maybe those oddly oriented stone cuttings were just quarried that way for the properties and dimensions needed.

I'm just throwing ideas out there, I don't think we will ever know for sure, so all ideas are equally possible. Though I think I do like your theory best.

I mean, based on the current accepted timeline of human history, dozens of civilizations could have come and gone in the intervals.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Great subject and great post! (Assuming your spell checker is changing Vitrification to Verification...) the vitrification is very interesting. The larger blocks don't look carved, they look melted. I wonder if there could be some bit of well-preserved block out there that could be analysed chemically to see what really happened.

As far as some of the locations looking uniform except for the large mega-blocks, many of these sites have been reconstructed for the tourism draw. The first black and white image in this thread is the most telling. I'd suggest locating the oldest images you can find, as that will be the closest to how the ancients left them and filter out the more modern interference.

Here's an example:

Machu Picchu 1911

Machu Picchu today

edit on 27-12-2012 by Chronon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
S&F !!
Thanks for such an amazing read , it is a subject im verry interested in
much apriciated friend ,
looking forward to part 2

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
What's amazing is the enormous carved stoned underneath the smaller stones.
As you pointed out, they look somewhat different, from another time almost.
I believe there most certainly was another civilization.

Imagine...the ideas and minds that were lost millions of years ago.
We have NO idea what was here before us. Let alone 100,000 years ago.
Just because scientists say we weren't very advanced back then...
...doesn't necessarily mean they were right, at all.
IMO...
These larger carved stones, found all over the world, prove them wrong.

Excellent beginning to a series, Slayer.
I will be eagerly awaiting the next release.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Once again you hit upon one of the subjects I have wondered about since I first caught the ancient civilization bug many years ago.As you already know I am a great believer in a precusor civilization.The pictures of the various sites that you shared here,and some of which I have never seen before, beg the question, why are there clearly more primitive stone work on the pictured walls?

In my humble opinion, I would think that perhaps the sites were occupied by the Inca long after they were constructed, and the more primitive stone work were repairs to the already existing stone work. I am wanting to say that perhaps the original stone work was done by a precursor civilization. However I don't see any facts for support of that statement. I do very much want to believe that at least some or portions of these sites are remaining evidence of that civilization.

Like you and a few others here I think that evidence of a precursor civilization will be found underwater along some coastline. Perhaps when it is found,then we will have some support for the site examples in this thread actually being reworked ancient sites.I personally believe that they are. The finely carved right angles and very flat cuts displayed in some of the photos are very impressive and indicate to me that the people who did the carving were capabile of great precision. I wonder about what tools were used to give such precision.

The site that according to legend, blew up, does indeed seem to have done just that. The picture of the huge piece of stone with what would have to be an upside down staircase carved into it,indicates to me at least, that there may be some truth to the legend. I wonder what could have shattered such an enormous piece of stone. I would think that if there were volcanic activity at this site, that there would be evidence to that effect. If that evidence were lacking, what possible force could have displaced such a large and heavy piece of stonework.

Like you always seem to do, you have given me a great deal to ponder.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

It seems to me that many of these sites we see today were built upon and show the reworking of much older ones. When the Spanish came upon this site they found a large tower of stone which they dismantled in search of Gold. What they unknowingly revealed was what I believe to be proof of this much more sophisticated age.

According to the recorded writing of a Spanish explorer, Pedro Cieza de León, the Inca people told him that many of the structures were already there by the time the Incas got there and that they couldn't affirm who made them..

Yo pregunté a los naturales en presencia de Juan de Vargas (que es el que sobre ellos tiene encomienda) si estos edificios se habían hecho en tiempo de los Ingas, y riéronse de esta pregunta, afirmando ya lo dicho, que antes que ellos reinasen estaban hechos, mas que ellos no podían decir ni afirmar quién los hizo, mas de que oyeron a sus pasados que en una noche remaneció hecho lo que allí se veía.

www.monografias.com...

Google translation. not perfect but gets meaning across

I asked the natives in the presence of Juan de Vargas (which is what has entrusted on them) if these buildings were made in time of the Incas, and riéronse of this question, stating already said that before they were reigned facts, but they could not say or say who made them, they heard over their past in a night remaneció done what was seen there.

Excellent thread

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

That's the part that often get's ignored in many online information.

I'm glad you pointed that out. It needs repeating many of the sites the Incas themselves clearly state were there before they were.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Awesome thread as usual Slayer... S&F

One thing that's always baffled me about almost all of these ancient sites... How the hell do they carve these stones with such precision?!?

I've worked with marble and other stones that were made for expensive tables... but I don't think we can actually carve the angles that you see in those pics... even today.

Somehow I think laser's were involved

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I don't know if you've seen Extralien's thread or not, but I think you might find it quite interesting to say the least. I have found it fascinating. I think you'll see immediately why I'm mentioning it in your thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
The more I check out your threads, read the links you provide, chase a few rabbits off those links, and all the stuff I read so many years ago by folks like Von Daniken, and anything I could get my hands on in the library. The more I'm convinced we have only scratched the surface of the mind-blowing history of this planet.

This thread alone should make one question just how accurate what we think we know really is.
Was there a global civilization in the past with a global government?
Was there one, or possibly two civilizations that were so far ahead of everyone else on the planet, they seemed like gods, and indeed are the root of so many legends and mythology? Atlantis? Lemur? Unknown?
Did they send out emissaries who wound up influencing the world?
Was the earth a totally different place at one time?

I personally have a few beliefs, and that's all they are at this point. But someday maybe I'll be vindicated...

1. A massive and advanced civilization will one day be found underwater.
2. The biggest, most advanced, and oldest pyramid in the world, is yet to be found(Or is it?).

As I used to tell Zorgy, and it fits you as well. "You always bring meat to the table". Looking forward to the next installment.
edit on 12/27/2012 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Excellent Thread,,,,Keep up the good work. Unlike Playboy magazine I also like the pictures (as well as the text).

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Fascinating info and photos as usual. Thanks for sharing!!!!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join