It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birds as body guards......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Birds as body guards......

www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk

East Riding Pest Control's birds, Squeaker, a Harris Hawk, and a falcon, now deter birds by sitting on the roof of the academies.

The gulls then send out a warning call to others in their flock – and pupils can eat in peace!

So far, the bold gulls have tried dive-bombing Squeaker, but the experienced hawk has been trained not to react.

Tollbar Academy student Emily Page said: "The seagulls are a real nuisance.

"They used to fly above us and land nearby, but they have become much bolder and they will try to take our food. It is not much fun when you are trying to eat your lunch
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Well this is a new one on me,lol. Birds of prey used as body guards to protect kids.... I heard of the seagulls attacking people on the sea side while eating fish n chips and ice cream but this..... I would of thought there was a better way of dealing with the problem then getting birds of prey to stand guard.

www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
they should hire a guy to blast off a few rounds of a shotgun
kit him out in body armor and a facemask
that would surely scare those pesky birds away

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Alfred Hitchcock springs to mind here, you never know, one day they might just ALL freak out and start killing

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by rikgrimsby

Here are a squad of brave birds...

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Now the military in the US can ditch them fancy drones.. Just train birds and Obama will be safe.. All assassins will be covered in bird drippings and are easy to spot a mile away haha.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Great solution. I dug up my entire yard a few years back and seeded it, i put hay on top of it but birds had a feeding frenzy on the seeds. I bought a lifelike owl and put it on the branch of a tree in the yard. No more problems. I did have to move the owl a few times but i think they make one that moves it's head occasionally so that the birds keep thinking it is real.

An old remedy to keep flies from coming in the door when you enter or leave is to fill a ziplock bag with water and drop a penny in it. Hang it on or near the door and it looks like a spider web to flies. Granny had lots of great stuff like that back in her day.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by rikgrimsby

Fascinating. I know when a hawk flies over my house as all the rest of the birds go silent.

In that article:

In June 2010, we reported how visitors to People's Park were advised to duck and run for cover from crows.

A number of dog walkers had been scratched to their heads, faces and necks because the crows were instinctively attacking people to protect their young.

Really? In my experience crows are way more afraid of humans than the smaller birds, but they have learnt to ignore cars by a roadside!

top topics

join