It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2013

page: 189
<< 186  187  188    190  191  192 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I missed half of Japans NIED preliminary download yesterday so it is pointless putting the other half in the GSAIM map.
So I took Iceland earthquake data off the IMO and put that in instead, goes down to M-0.52, 147 events recorded.

(click image for interactive map page, opens in new tab/window)

P'man has added 2 more webicorder pages, SANVU (Espiritu Santo, Vanuatu) and PEL (Peldehue, Chile)
edit on 11u32832813 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzy

I haven't said this in a while. Thank you Muzzy for all the work you do on this thread. I very much enjoy checking out your hard work.

I have also learned a great deal from you. Knowledge is priceless.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Swarm continue...another 3.0 at habgen lake
www.seis.utah.edu...

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

What you need is a proper map of those
Recent Earthquakes in the Intermountain West
goo.gl...

sorry, its late, didn't have time to convert to UTC

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

thank you, the more I do, the more rewarding it is.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Rather ominous research relating to the 2011 7.1 in New Zealand and subsequent aftershocks...

New Zealand earthquakes weakened Earth’s crust: new breed of earthquakes

NEW ZELAND – The Canterbury earthquakes were even more unusual than first thought and unlikely to occur anywhere else in the world, new research reveals. The research, led by seismologist Martin Reyners of GNS Science, showed the unusual rock structure of the region meant the Canterbury earthquakes produced some of the strongest vertical ground accelerations ever seen in an earthquake.

More

Unfortunately we're still having some noticeable aftershocks, that are still putting the wind up us here in Christchurch

edit on 26-11-2013 by SpaceJockey1 because: fix content

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJockey1

That's a bit scary. I hope there isn't any other larger ones in store for Christchurch. We spent 4 days there in a 14 day holiday of the south island last month, and while beautiful, it's so sad that the city is still a major construction site. Hopefully things subside quick, and they can get on to restoring it's beauty in full.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
further to post by me

After that hick-up I had half a rainy day, so for Nov 25th UTC I not only made sure I got NIED but also added Canada, Spain, Italy and Iceland to the daily map. These all go down to the minimum magnitude available.
This is the goal, to get as much quake data as possible for each day.
Many of the other Networks like Mexico, Colombia, Nicaragua, Iran etc only had one or two quakes so wasn't worth gathering those in manually, each Network uses a different format and you have to shift the CSV columns around to match each other.
I've dumped the text list, too much work, for much the same reason.
You can see the list on the "view larger map" anyway, just click the - signs to reduce each file down, then open each one to read each list.
GSAIM 25th Nov UTC
page here
edit on 1100000032932913 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Table shows whats in there
(click image for Global Seismic Archives Interactive Map,
opens in new tab/window)

I have noticed Iceland are pretty slow getting their data out, been 6 hrs since end of 26th UTC now, last entry is 2013/11/26 08:06:49
have to add it later I guess.
edit on 1100000032932913 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I did not intend to write on ATS today. I didn't think there could be anything new on the Oklahoma fracking earthquake front. Even a couple of them wouldn't have compelled me to write. That's been the new normal. Fingers on a chalkboard. I hate that term. I guess I need my Daylek relaxation tape. No, I opened up my USGS earthquake page as normal, and then laugh. Then I got a little nervous. Then I realized even if what I was seeing was real, it didn't mean what my mind was visualizing. The earthquakes from Oklahoma down heading down south run into an earthquake in Texas. There's a line of four earthquakes, almost in a neat little row like the corn fields on which the makers represent the epicenter. For a moment, I thought my half joke had come true. If you've read my ranting writings, then you know I've claimed that the fracking oilmen were going to open up a rift down center of the United States. Well, oh well, those wells are causing a pattern which has my imagination tingling. Things I have come to understand, and then what I have predicted, have come true. Just not all the time, and not always exactly the way I thought. But, I've always had my gaze fixed like a lazer beam on the issues, and or the mystery at hand.

Did the Italian geologists fail in their responsibilities as public servants?

In my opinion, no.

Should there be a terrible earthquake in the mid-western U.S., are the geologist in charge of issuing the drilling permits criminally negligent?

In my opinion, and in the stark light of facts, they would be guilty.

They know injection causes earthquakes. It is now a fact because the data says it's a fact. Every time someone presents a study of possible man made earthquakes, it has shown nearby industrial drilling operations are to blame.

In a court of law, there should be no way around the facts. There can be no defence in claiming that they didn't know the was a causal link. They may claim they didn't know that they activities could cause a large earthquake. But that will be no defence. Because it means they were operating without knowing all the risks, even though there was evidence to the contrary. They operated recklessly. And if this caused loss of life, it is a crime.

Free the Italians.
Start moratorium on all injection wells.

Before we have to invest all the money recovering from a disaster, and launching investigations and trials.

Arkansas had a moratorium. But that's kind of a joke. Because it was so limited. They're still injecting and fracking.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

earthquake.usgs.gov...

earthquake.usgs.gov...

earthquake.usgs.gov...

These four quakes could all be on a long dormant faultline. If someone's creative they could map it out and add some graphics to make it look all scary and animated. just kidding.

I didn't check all the epicenters to find the well pads. It's too boring now. The wells are everywhere. It's almost as if you can't zoom in on a part of the states and not find a well.

ug

ug

thud

I walk away like Charlie Brown, with his head hung low.

Had to edit. One of the four quakes have dropped onto the 7 day map. So, there's only three for the day. The epicenter was near the Ok/Texas border. Open 7 day map. Except, that adds lots of others and diminishes the effect of the straight line.

edit on 27-11-2013 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

ericblair4891
I did not intend to write on ATS today. I didn't think there could be anything new on the Oklahoma fracking earthquake front. Even a couple of them wouldn't have compelled me to write. That's been the new normal. Fingers on a chalkboard. I hate that term. I guess I need my Daylek relaxation tape. No, I opened up my USGS earthquake page as normal, and then laugh. Then I got a little nervous. Then I realized even if what I was seeing was real, it didn't mean what my mind was visualizing. The earthquakes from Oklahoma down heading down south run into an earthquake in Texas. There's a line of four earthquakes, almost in a neat little row like the corn fields on which the makers represent the epicenter. For a moment, I thought my half joke had come true. If you've read my ranting writings, then you know I've claimed that the fracking oilmen were going to open up a rift down center of the United States. Well, oh well, those wells are causing a pattern which has my imagination tingling. Things I have come to understand, and then what I have predicted, have come true. Just not all the time, and not always exactly the way I thought. But, I've always had my gaze fixed like a lazer beam on the issues, and or the mystery at hand.

These four quakes could all be on a long dormant faultline. If someone's creative they could map it out and add some graphics to make it look all scary and animated. just kidding.

I didn't check all the epicenters to find the well pads. It's too boring now. The wells are everywhere. It's almost as if you can't zoom in on a part of the states and not find a well.

I had opened the USGS page a few minutes ago and saw that little line of 4 quakes and I thought it was strange since no known fault line is indicated in that area but they do appear to be more likely connected than not. Good to see I'm not the only one concerned.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by evc1shop

Missouri. . New Madrid just chimed in. It looks concerning, for sure, but its probably nothing to worry about just yet. Hope not anyway.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Here's what a Texan man-made earthquake looks like on the wiggly-graphs. Yes, I know the station is in Oklahoma, but it shows it best I think. Here's the data...

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Again, I say, nothing new. No mystery. In fact, to make sure, I'll go fly off and get a bird's eye view. Hold on, while and listen to the Dalek relaxation tape while you wait for me to come back. (Why do I keep adding a y to Dalek?)

www.youtube.com...

Hello!... I'm back. Did you miss me? It was a great flight. But the view is getting grimmer. All the little green squares are starting to be pockmarked by little grey squares. Yes, I mean the grey of the fracking pads. The Texas earthquake is near Mineral Wells. And, boy are there ever wells there. At least twenty all around the epicenter. More wells than farm houses. I'm not the least bit surprised.

Here's a story about some Texan mayor who is very upset.
Why should he be upset? Doesn't he like progress?
Economic growth?
Money?

www.khou.com...

be back- dog wants out...

back. Let's pick out some quotes from the report and analyse them. Shall we? (before that, I must say, even I'm shocked. When I looked at the map again, between Graford, Texas and Perrin, Texas, there's nothing but wells>>>)

Right. Quotes.

"Last Tuesday, the earth twitched three times.

University of Texas earthquake researcher Cliff Frolich said waste water injection wells from fracking could be responsible.

"I'd say it certainly looks very possible that the earthquakes are related to injection wells," he said in an interview from Austin.

Frolich notes, however, that thousands of such wells have operated in Texas for decades, with no quakes anywhere near them. He adds that there are probably a thousand unknown faults beneath Texas."

Note firstly, that he cannot avoid the truth. Truth is like that. It's a train that you really can't slow down. Isn't that right, Rob Ford? Eventually, only the numbers tell the story. Math. Baby. So, he admits, you can't rule out fracking. That's as good as you get right now. But, he then goes on and tells the big lie. If you only use some of the numbers, then you can make math tell an lie. You compare apples and oranges and then say they're the same. I am 100% sure that the studied, Cliff Frolich knows as well as I, that you cannot compare the activities of injection wells in past to the activities of today. Cliff Frolich knows that there were only a few major operations over that last few decades. And, even the well operators had a hard time getting clients. They're wasn't much need for waste water injection. The increase in pumping rates have grown by a few thousand percent. There is no a demand. There is a glut of contaminated water that needs to be processed. Also, the injection wells that were in operation were a single well here, there, and everywhere. Very spread out. Now, since they cover an area like laying down a carpet, you are bound to hit a fault. And then when you find that fault, it's not a gentle pressure they create below the fault, and then pump it whenever you manage to find a client. No, now it's pump as hard as you can. The faults are surrounded. Come out with your hands up. The fault hasn't a chance. It's going to soil itself. Sod. Really.

Back to quotes.

Azle mayor Alan Brundrett says it's important to determine whether this latest series of quakes are man-made.

"What could it cause, down the road?" he asked. "What if a 5.0 happens and people's houses start falling in on them?"

Last night, in order to try and fall asleep, I began the bad science fiction writing in my imagination. I became a character. My name was Sam Wilson. As everything farmer as you could get. I was plucked out of that painting with the man and his wife- Whislers'... whatever. No, I was a much more modern farmer. The real ones. Just real people working really hard to grow some grain and sell it, and make enough to send your kids to school. Every thing so typical, that it doesn't matter who Sam is, because you know him, and he's like most of the people you know.

Anyway. Sam has finally, semi-retired. He still owns the land. And, he still is on the tractors every, single, day. Finding things to do. Except, he's not the one out tilling the majority of his farm. Sam has contract most of land out to his neighbouring farms. He just kept enough to play with and plant a garden. And besides, there were the wells. At one time, he was making so much money it scared him. Even that he now didn't have to worry about because he'd carved up that cash cow and divided the properties and gave them to his grown children.

Those wells, and the land, had made Sam a very happy man. It seemed that planned for everything...
Sorry. Anyway. Yes. Sam sees the chimney falling... dead wife... he loses it... goes over to facking pad.
badness ensues. I think there was Charles Bronsen and then I finally drifted off.

Oh yes. The mayor has every reason to be fearful. And notice. " There's faults everywhere." Isn't that what Mr. WHO now said. Hold on.

"Enough is enough!" said Keith Krayer, a resident of Briar, just north of Azle. "My wife, she's having panic attacks because of it."

What did you say Mr. Frolich.
"He adds that there are probably a thousand unknown faults beneath Texas."

Yes. Thousands. And guess what they're talking about in Athens, Ohio?
Injection Wells. I'll add that link. And one other. Um, I forgot what it was now - but will find.

www.athensnews.com...

This person makes my point so I won't have to.

And here's another report where you have Frolich pointing the finger at fracking. And then because there's the tiniest uncertainty, they start to hesitate and won't say the emperor has no clothing. No wonder I'm so confused as to what side Mr Frolich is on. He's tiptoeing on the fence so lightly it's as if he's hovering in thin air and may not even exist. Fascinating.

From RT.
rt.com...

www.nbcdfw.com...

I love how the media finds stories and acts like it's new. Well, maybe we're jaded. Because we have been following the earthquakes for a long time. But let's forget that. I like how the voice of Russia paints a picture of the mid-west that is like a bad sci-fi script. It's like my trick to get to sleep.

I really need to find a copy of sharknado

And if you look on Etna's seismograph right now, you will see harmonic tremor.

www.ct.ingv.it...

edit on 28-11-2013 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Here's something new. Dutch earthquakes caused by gas extraction. The land is sinking. This also happened in California way back when.

www.dutchnews.nl...

Also, I was glad when someone posted that the New Zealand Earthquake may have weaken crust. That's a good question. And, I'm wondering if the oilmen are also weakening the crust where we are drilling and extracting. I think the answer is yes.

(yuck, you can't even see the lines clearly on here. So. look at the website itself.
Ceri

www.ceri.memphis.edu...
Find your favorite station and you'll probably see the noise.

These squiggly lines are a microseism. A noise from somewhere else. Usually, I've track down the noises to big storms in the Atlantic or Pacific near Mexico. That is when I'm strictly looking at the mid-west U.S.. I can't find the source this time. There's is a big storm, but it's already too far north. Interesting. Maybe it's the comet. Ha ha. I'm so droll.

edit on 29-11-2013 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-11-2013 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ericblair4891

There's is a big storm, but it's already too far north.

I took one look at the helicorder and said microseisms = storm, but the point is this, North is irrelevant. Microseisms are caused by Pacific/Atlantic swell in other words nothing to do with what is going on on the land. The pattern of a storm in the vicinity of a helicorder is different, more reminiscent of VT/HT.

As far as landing sinking does I am inclined to agree with you that gas extraction is just as likely to cause sinking as water extraction does - remember Spain?

No I believe what you are seeing is wind. There have been some high winds in that area in the last couple of days and that comes on like wind not HT. It is not showing much now but looking at my archived copies of the precipitation satellite images for Western Europe over the past few days the area has been slammed by several storms.

edit on 29/11/2013 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

PuterMan

No I believe what you are seeing is wind. There have been some high winds in that area in the last couple of days and that comes on like wind not HT. It is not showing much now but looking at my archived copies of the precipitation satellite images for Western Europe over the past few days the area has been slammed by several storms.

Or maybe not. Depends on which day you were looking at exactly.

ETNA UPDATE, 28 NOVEMBER 2013, 19:30 GMT

A new paroxysmal eruptive episode - the 18th of this year - started on the late afternoon of 28 November 2013 at Etna's New Southeast Crater. Although visibility was strongly hampered by weather clouds, it could be ascertained that this episode produced lava fountains and an eruption column charged with pyroclastic material that was blown by the wind to the northeast. Activity is currently diminishing.

www.ct.ingv.it...

If that is the case please accept my apology, but I still think it looks like wind.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Thus was the last Mag 5 - over 24 hours ago now.

2013-11-29 12:05:23, -26.740, -176.392, 5.0, 33.3, South Of Fiji Isls. (171) [Map]

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

why are there so much gasfields there???

couse of this :-)

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

you wonder who writes that stuff sometimes?
2 phrases don't go together....
"The Zuidwal volcano is an [u]extinct volcano "
"Another clue indicating the presence of the volcano was the temperature. While the usual temperature at that depth is about 100 °C (212 °F), they found 130 °C (266 °F)."

30C difference in sea temp?,
so it can't be extinct, it is "dormant"

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
A nice sized quake well off the coast of Oregon, near the ridge.
Mag 5.4

new topics

top topics

<< 186  187  188    190  191  192 >>

join