It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 200 end of the world predictions and counting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
After the big Mayan non event are we as humans ever going to learn and stop with this end of the world stuff. Are we all gung ho to get off this planet so bad that we believe in anything. I can see the ones scamming the people to make money the con artist or snake oil salesman. There has been more predictions in the last hundred years than any time in history.Things started to pick up during the 1800's.Did people become more literate. There were alot of religions that start then. The millerites or Millerism,Bible students aka Jehovah's witnesses,Adventist's,Mormons. They all seem to want to predict the end of the world and why the sudden urge to do so. Was there some experiment that went on because some had freemasons ties. I know there will be some that will still fall for some predictions but after the mayan thing and y2k I think more people are becoming wise to it because nothing ever happens.

I think this belongs in the rant forum

Date
Event

Theudas declared himself the Messiah, taking 400 people with him into the desert. T beheaded by Roman soldiers. Josephus records this.

Even before all the books of the Bible were written, there was talk that Christ's return had already taken place. The Thessalonians panicked on Paul, when they heard a rumor that the day of the Lord was at hand, and they had missed the rapture.

Ben Zakkai died about 80, and expected the Messiah about the time of his death

100 -200
Rabbi Eliezer ben Hyrcanus (1-2 Cent) thought the days of the Messiah would last 40 years. Before Bar Kochba the Mess. age was short; longer afterward

A Roman priest and theologian in the second and third centuries, predicted Christ would return in A.D. 500, based on the dimensions of Noah's ark.

Return of Christ; Hyppolytus (170-236) and Lactantius (250-330) said 500 would be the time for the second coming of Christ (Luther Martin, Date Setters, Guardian of Truth, Sept. 15, 1994)

This year goes down as one of the most pronounced states of hysteria over the return of Christ. All members of society seemed affected by the prediction that Jesus was coming back on Jan 1, 1000 AD. There really weren't any of the events required by the Bible transpiring at that time. The magical number 1000 was primarily the sole reason for the expectation. During December 999 AD, everyone was on their best behavior; worldly goods were sold and given to the poor, swarms of pilgrims headed east to meet the Lord at Jerusalem, buildings went unrepaired, crops were left unplanted, and criminals were set free from jails. The year 999 AD turned into 1000 AD and nothing happened.

Rashad Khalifa

According to Rashad Khalifa's research on the Quran Code, the world will end in this year.

links to lists

en.wikipedia.org...

www.bible.ca...

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
NIBURU! NIBURU! hahaha morons

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by celticdog

Are we all gung ho to get off this planet so bad that we believe in anything

I think you basically summed up the problem.

It would seem that the majority of people are deeply unhappy, and end-of-the-world/ascension scenarios gives them solace.

This should be an extremely reflective time for people. What is it about the world that makes you so unhappy you want it to end?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

edit on 22-12-2012 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I have survived 76 of them sinse 1970, Woo Hoo I'm a survivor.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by LewsTherinThelamon

I actually dont want it to end. I remember the feeling when the y2k thing happened. I saw all the preppers getting ready and I just sat back and watched and wished something would happen. I actually wished the computer clitch would wipe my debt away. It is only computer numbers anyway. I thought what a joke and all those idiots that spent all that money to survive. I bought into the hype too and just wondered why and how I fell for it.That is when I got into conspiracies. Dec 21 seemed bigger than y2k. Once bitten twice shy thing for me but others continue to fall for it but it seems to be tied to with religion. I was religious when y2k happened now I cant stand religion and I am not ruled by fear.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

You can say basically one prediction every 6 months how sad is that and none pan out what so ever.

new topics

top topics

join