It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HTML 5 and the future of Web Design aka Cool Websites!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I've been anxiously awaiting more HTML 5 sites which will get rid of a lot of the limitations of having third client rich content editing; with HTML 5 the browsers themselves can render rich content, video, and even 3D content.

A new web design method called Parallax is becoming popular and if you haven't seen it yet you should. Here are is the first example I saw:

The New eBay

Then I saw another example which utilizes both video and parallax scrolling all in one it blew my mind. Be sure to scroll through all of the pages and sections to see all of the neat effects in this story:

The New York Times - Tunnel Creek Story

Here's an example of how online catalogs and shopping carts of the future will look:

Electronic Toy's Album

This is an example of how photo galleries, portfolios and the like can be done using HTML 5:

Web Design Portfolio (Webdesign Karlsruhe)

Now prepare to have your mind blown, if you have Google Chrome, and a graphics card that supports WebGL. Be patient and wait for the site to load, and if it doesn't quite finish refresh the page and it'll load again. You'll be presented with a music video be sure to look around and wait until the end! I don't want to spoil it, all I will say is when your first time is over click Explore Again to see everything you missed the first time around. Also if you're interested in the technology behind this click "The Tech":

3 Dreams of Black Interactive Video

I hope you have enjoyed this glimpse of barriers being broken and the new web experience, and are looking forward to the future of browsing the web.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Thanks for the share mate, I also have been waiting for this,

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
This one by Arcade Fire isn't exactly new but it is stunning.
You have to have pop ups allowed on the page for it to work. Don't give up on it though let it play all the way through, it's well worth it

edit on 21/12/12 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

reply to post by davespanners

This is fantastic.

That NYT site is just brilliant and the electronic toys album I still have open - WOW what a nostalgic scroll down memory lane that is - there is at least a dozen toys there we bought in America when the family went there on holidays back in 1982.

I had a brief look at the Fire Arcade as well but I need to close a few ATS tabs first, so I will finish reading them, shut down and take a closer look - I can't believe it had my address in there from 1982 in far north Queensland!!!

Great stuff - its a shame this does not have more flags, everyone should see this stuff

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

The arcade fire one works with the google maps api and overlays animation on the fly.
Pretty cool

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I will be sure to check it out when I get home!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

That was pretty cool. Too bad my computer has an integrated video chipset, it probably would have rendered much better.

I will look at it again on my other computer which is a NVIDA to see the difference.

I like the tree branch font. Nice touch.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Here's a top 10 list with someone of the examples listed here on it.

www.ebizmba.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

jaymp
Here's a top 10 list with someone of the examples listed here on it.

What did you wanted to say exactly ? Look here is one of the top 10 designed website of my own [gratuitous link removed]
edit on 10/30/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: gratuitous link removed

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
HTML-5 is overrated. It basically standardizes methods previously used in various languages and then throws it all into one language called HTML-5. There are some new features that aren't seen outside its language but HTML5 is not always compatible and it differs from one feature and the next.

The problem is that HTML5 may be completed by 2020 and I'm not joking either. It will take a few more years, maybe 2016 before they make a decision on what HTML5 is going to completely contain and then they will standardize it around 2020. That's 7 years from now. But, it's not like you can't do what html5 can do right now with other languages so it's not a problem for web developers. The only thing that it does is that it allows us to market html5 like it's the new kid in town and businesses bite thanks to the buzzword. We make more money for something that makes absolutely no difference other than forcing them to pay us on the upkeep since html5 is ever so changing.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Really cool themes you have shared, keep sharing.

(post by chandrakalyana231 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by aptronnoida removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 10:30 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

join