It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The end of the world for the Parallel Earth

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

Originally posted by 0pass
My understanding of the Mayan prophesy is as follows:

The Mayans rightly predict the end of the world. They world they lived in.

That world is now part of the Parallel Earth that exists concurrently with our own. When the end of the Mayan civilization was nearing, those with the knowledge and the power entered the parallel Earth that would end on the 21st of December 2012 as a result of Nibiru.

In fact Nibiru exists in this parallel universe not in ours.

And many from this parallel Earth will try to use their powers to return back to the present Earth or go into another parallel Earth to escape the destructions.

edit on 21-12-2012 by 0pass because: (no reason given)

It's called Fringe and its a solid TV show.

I was just thinking that

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 0pass

Give up already!.......the world didn't end.....nobody said it would!....not even the Mayan's

This desperate clutching of straws to try and justify an insane theory that has been going on for years needs to stop!

There is no Nibiru.....this planet will die in it's own good time, and you, me and every other internet visionary have not got a clue when that will be!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by 0pass

Give up already!.......the world didn't end.....nobody said it would!....not even the Mayan's

This desperate clutching of straws to try and justify an insane theory that has been going on for years needs to stop!

There is no Nibiru.....this planet will die in it's own good time, and you, me and every other internet visionary have not got a clue when that will be!

Why is everyone afraid of dying or destruction? Both are temporary and we continue to exist in another spacetime so why bother unless the end is painful.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by 0pass

You are "begging the question." Not being particularly enamored of prophesy, TEOTWAWKI or Nibiru does not equal "afraid of death."

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
You quoted WWN as source of this article.

WWN is a joke newspaper sold in the US in supermarkets at the checkout - it contains (MOSTLY) entirely made-up funny stories whose purpose is to entertain. Again...its a fun/joke tabloid.

Seriously I have to stop visiting this site since its draining my IQ just reading.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

WWN is a joke newspaper sold in the US in supermarkets at the checkout - it contains (MOSTLY) entirely made-up funny stories whose purpose is to entertain. Again...its a fun/joke tabloid.

Seriously I have to stop visiting this site since its draining my IQ just reading.

Can you point out one thing that merits your statement.

I can give you many to merit what I mean. But is there a point?

This entire 2012 doomsday thing is a funny joke if you ask me. But I am just using this as a pretext to explain.life and death

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

Can you point out one thing that merits your statement.

I can give you many to merit what I mean. But is there a point?

This entire 2012 doomsday thing is a funny joke if you ask me. But I am just using this as a pretext to explain.life and death

" The Weekly World News was a largely fictional news tabloid published in the United States from 1979 to 2007, renowned for its outlandish cover stories often based on supernatural or paranormal themes and an approach to news that verged on the satirical. Its characteristic black-and-white covers have become pop-culture images widely used in the arts. It continues to exist as a website. [1]"

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Wouldn't that mean, they never anticipated the date as well?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 0pass

Weekly World News? The creators of Bat Boy? Bat Boy

Are you aware thet WWN is fictional and comical, right?

Example

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Why is everyone afraid of dying or destruction?

I'm sorry, but I found this statement rather humorous.

Please do not get offended, or take it the wrong way, I'm sure that you didn't mean it that way.

However, most people ARE afraid of dying or do not want to. Your body is even made to try and help protect you from becoming injured in many ways that you have reflexes. Adrenaline suddenly pumping through your body so you can either "Fight" or "Flee" is a good example of that.

Part of it too is because they don't want to leave or be gone. Some that have accepted it, especially those with a terminal illness may not be afraid anymore, but they don't like to see the distress that it puts on their loved ones or friends that care for them.

People normally are afraid of destruction too. Let's face it: if you own a nice house that you like to live in, do you really want to see it destroyed? It's a natural feeling to not want to see things destroyed.

Unless of course you like seeing things go "Boom" and I'll admit I enjoy my fair share of Mythbusters and watching them blow things up.
But then again, I really hate that movie makers seem to enjoy blowing up or destroying the Chrysler Building every time. They seem to like doing that!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Ok. I may need to share the following link here to explain what I mean.
coast to coast interview with Dr Bruce Goldberf

Now this also might seem fringe science at work to many on ATS but Dr Bruce Goldberg and his theories make sense to me.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I agree with you. I believe this is what happened to. I started realizing this in 2018. ta reply to: 0pass

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I dont understand all the pointing and laughing going on in this thread. Did you all forget to unsubscribe from this forum topic in 2013?

Would all of you seriously suggest people take their half-baked theories and coffee cup musings elsewhere? If not here on ATS then where?

I will say that the OP could have offered a bit more detail in their opening statement to chew on, but they've since stuck around while enduring excessive disdain and expanded on their ideas.

I'll also add that for me, even if "2012" is now merely a post-mortem, there's still value in there somewhere. Probably most of all in personal anecdotes and the wildest theories. I personally have a strange unshakable hangover from 2012. Similar to what another post referred to as nostalgia for '2006' in their case, but maybe just when we were younger.
There's something else too though that resonated with the OP's ideas and others Ive seen here and there. Without going into a bunch of wishy washy soul searching and spending this time writing to refine it all for myself, let's just simplify the basic premise of my 2012 hangover as an unnerving sense that perhaps I died.
Obviously I "didn't", but maybe there's more to it that we dont quite understand. Like perhaps the universe doesnt so easily let people simply cease to exist from their own perspectives, and instead has mechanics to allow the user to continue on.

We've got parallel universes like the OP is thinking about.
We've also got some very strong proponents of Simulation theories lately which might suggest a seamless "reboot" or segregation of your persona/experience, or restoration or who knows.

Anyway, the point is that there are real scientists that could apply what they've already hypothesized during their life's work to relate to or explain what the OP is talking about at least as a POSSIBILITY.
Anyway, I wanted to share my story/thoughts on it as well as pose the former meta questions about the value in conversations like these. Its interesting that different people come up with these ideas at all. Did we just read too much random crap? Is it okay for people's thoughts if not to actions to be moved by stuff like this? And if not then what's the point of even conceiving of everything science fiction (or actual science)

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: JRedBeard

I will say that the OP could have offered a bit more detail in their opening statement to chew on, but they've since stuck around while enduring excessive disdain and expanded on their ideas.

OPs last post was Dec. 23rd 2012.

the thread lasted 2 days

one post was made in January of this year and now yours and my reply to you.

No real sticking around or any endurance as you say.

Anyway, the point is that there are real scientists that could apply what they've already hypothesized during their life's work to relate to or explain what the OP is talking about at least as a POSSIBILITY.

an every day Joe blow could as well.

anything is possible,

how probable and plausible some things are is another discussion though.

Its interesting that different people come up with these ideas at all.

I agree, Its interesting, insightful, at times frightening while other times joyful and enlightening from both sides of the spectrum.

Did we just read too much random crap?

Yes,

with birth of the internet and its wide spread

allowed an abundance of information to became available at a click of a button that has overwhelmed our ability to absorb it all at a rate that we can digest it and understand it.

This lead everyone and anyone having the ability to create a truth based on their interpretation of the abundance of info available at out fingertips and push that truth on internet forums.

Is it okay for people's thoughts if not to actions to be moved by stuff like this? And if not then what's the point of even conceiving of everything science fiction (or actual science)

It is

but concerning the lead up to 2012 where some took it too seriously that it lead to pain and misery for some that could have been adverted if a different approach was taken.

But this is the world we live in, moving ahead at a pace faster than many can keep up with.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Wow I hadnt even noticed the dates. That's embarrassing.

I think you're being a little dismissive of people's abilities to productively consume information. If only because it's difficult to infer what level of understanding or study either the writer or reader possesses. Even if those who have studied rigorously are the minority, again without studious consideration of THEM it's hard to tell. I personally think there's more value in giving people the benefit of the doubt than pure skepticism, which may also be a factor in my meta analysis of this site overall; That this should be a place where the barrier of entry to be taken seriously should be inclusively default. "It's better to have loved and lost..." type of sentiment...

Anyway I appreciate your thoughtful response.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: xinging

So whats that red planet we have been seeing in the sky since 2015 ?

Indeed it was closer than it has been in ages in 2018 and and space related or astronomy site will give a lot more detail - or just download one of those apps that identify the stars and planets and their locations in the sky.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join