It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About iraqi oil?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Just happened to cross my mind that bush said at the start of the war (�f i remember correctly) that the war has nothing to do with the oil and oil belongs to iraqi people. Now i see tankers leaving to us with full load of oil?
How is it? Is the iraqi oil now legimatly us property or are they "buying" it or something.
With my point of view, if the whole "operation iraqi freedom" was about iraqi freedom, shouldn�t us leave the oil to the iraqis and let them sell it to whoever pays the best price?
Would be happy to know some facts about this case..
-ap

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 02:40 AM
link   
you might want to check out this website has some of those answers...www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net

will atleast explain why we are going to war

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Yup. Peak Oil is a sad fact but I�m just wondering about is usa pumping oil out of Iraq?..Shouldn�t there be somekind of international law against war pillage?
-ap

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 03:44 AM
link   
It's not really about the short term, it's about long term overall control of oil in that area. Just like how Afghanistan is the key to oil in that area, the only place to put a pipline. Funny that.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 03:47 AM
link   
But one would think that other nations would have something to say about this. If it�s just another american crusade for money it should be stopped before the line continues to iran, kuwait etc..
-ap

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
It's not really about the short term, it's about long term overall control of oil in that area. Just like how Afghanistan is the key to oil in that area, the only place to put a pipline. Funny that.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 04:07 AM
link   
So the war is partly about the oil?
Hmmmm this is kind of huge, why don't the news networks ever talk about the oil issues?

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 04:23 AM
link   
The war is only about the oil
And news are telling just what they are allowed to..otherwise there would be questions like "how part of the 9-11 hijackers are still alive, why bin laden family is biggest money contributor to bush family/americas economy" etc..
-ap

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 04:23 AM
link   

So the war is partly about the oil?

please see me thread about Iraq and oi and the upcoming 'energy wars' for more information, it's fairly detailed.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Yes the war is a little more partly about oil. The US has to step out of the strangle hold OPEC has on the US economy.

new topics

top topics

join