It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clues Reinforce Election-Terror Concerns (arrests made)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Clues Reinforce Election-Terror Concerns

It seems that some of our moslem countrymen have helped this nation and done their paitrotic duty. They hvae maybe helped stop an attack, but what else have we missed?

Clues Reinforce Election-Terror Concerns
NewsMax Wires
Monday, Oct. 25, 2004
WASHINGTON -- FBI investigators have made new arrests and developed leads that reinforce concerns that terrorists plan to strike around the presidential election, officials said Saturday, even though the CIA has discredited a person who told its agents of such a plot involving al-Qaida.

A senior FBI official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said some of the leads were culled from interviews with thousands of individuals that agents have conducted in the Muslim community.

newsmax.com...

[edit on 24-10-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Could be they're turning on each other to thwart an attack. Or, it could be they're turning in their neighbors to take their stuff when they're gone.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Or maybe they are trying to save lives? Ever thought of that one?

Come on man this is serious, maybe they dont want to advertise their help but at least they are.

[edit on 24-10-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
All joking aside...I'm all in favor of stopping an attack. However, you have to see the symbolism in scowering the US asking Arabs to tell on their bretherin. Although the FBI might get one good tip in a thousand, what an opportunity for a competing gas station owner to put the guy on the other corner out of business. Or at least, smear his name.

Same thing happened during the Salem witch hunts. Tell on you neighbor and get his land when he's hanged.

I believe this strategy by the FBI to not be effective. For an organization like the FBI to think they can move in to a community as closed off to outter society as the Arab communities and begin to turn credible intel in such a short time is optimistic to say the least.

I give them all my best and think they are trying.

top topics

join